002

young gods / kim taehyung : stigma
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: ugh my classes start tomorrow updates might be a little slowed down but i'll keep working on it

kang jade

I was late for class today. But it was only because once Taehyung had left, my roommate spent the greater half of the night telling me the legends of Kim Taehyung and his band of merry men. According to the many rumors that flew around town, he slept around constantly, broke hearts, and barely cared about the consequences other than using a . Rumor also had it that Jimin slept exclusively with young female professors, Jungkook was dating twins and Min Yoongi was a young father. A manwhore, a weirdo, a polygamist and a baby daddy.

Not the worst, if strangely all oriented, rumors. However, what did worry me, was the moment that I stepped into the room I could sense that Taehyung was inside. I know he could as well from the way that his eyes were drawn to me. Lowering my gaze, I searched for an empty seat. Luck would have it that one of the only empty seats were near the back row just four down from where he sat with Jimin.

His gaze felt warm on my skin, curiously and calculating when I finally gathered the nerve to look up at him and meet his eyes. This wasn’t supposed to happen. The after effects of linking faded within minutes max an hour. Why did it still feel like we were linked somehow?

Exactly thirteen minutes into I lecture I was sure I was going to regret being late for, a poorly folded slip of paper lands on the keyboard of my laptop with a soft breeze of wind. Looking to my right, the male student next to me shrugged and pointed towards Taehyung. The wind smelled magic and when I looked at Jimin I realized that he must have been an air mage.

I shoot Taehyung a pointed look but all he does is raise an eyebrow and motion for me to open the nod. I set my pencil down, carefully unwrapping the piece of torn notebook paper.

Good morning, the feeling isn’t gone. It was scribbled in messy script across the top. Lifting my pencil, I wrote let’s talk about this after class and folded the slip of paper backup. Setting it on my desk, I left it for Jimin to pick up. Just a moment later, the paper is lifted off the desk and I don’t watch as it floats back to them.

A heartbeat passes before the note is deposited back on my desk.

Okay. Wait for me. I turn to Taehyung and nod, slipping the note into my backpack, signifying the end of the conversation. The professor drones on and if I wasn’t so behind in the lecture, I would be absolutely bored. Fortunately, I was behind in the lecture and filling in the notes from before from a mixture of my personal knowledge, the textbook, and a search engine kept me utterly occupied until he shut the projector off and walked out of the hall. Around me, students began packing their things as my fingers flew over the keyboard to finish up the last portion of the notes.

I could tell that Taehyung had remained sitting, his friend beside him. I shut my laptop and began to put my things away. They did the same.

Slinging my backpack over my shoulder, I turned to face Taehyung just as he walked up to me. “It’s the same for me,” I say, worriedly, “it feels almost as if we’re still linked. I’m aware of everything that you.”

Taehyung nods at me, “Hyper-aware, almost as if I’m scared when you aren’t here. I thought I could sleep it off last night but when I woke up, the feeling as there.”

We start down the stairs, Jimin trailing behind us, trying to hear everything we were saying.

“I need to do some research, maybe there’s some old spell of explanation for this,” I say to Taehyung. “We might be freaking out about nothing, but I want to make sure.”

He nods in agreement. “I’ll come with you.”

“Wait!” Jimin speaks up from behind us just as we’re about to leave the hall. I stop, turning to him. Grudgingly, Taehyung does the same. “Are you going to explain to me what you guys are whispering? What happened last night and why has Taehyung has been jumping at the slightest sounds?”

I bite my lip, turning to look at Taehyung. He looks back at me.

“Hey, still here,” Jimin speaks up, waving his hand.

“He’s part of my circle,” Taehyung tells me, “one of my best friends.”

I still hesitate. Being in a circle didn’t mean much to me, but Jimin as sad as a kicked puppy. “Okay, he can come.” I turn and stride towards the old library.

 

This university had three libraries. By far, the least popular was the oldest. Home to books with pages that would evaporate upon touch, it was dusty and dark and fondly referred to as the old library. It was by far my favorite. Finding a desk to study here was easy considering that I was one of few that actually used the library.

There was a lot of magic in this building. I could feel it every time I stepped inside. All the spells, enchantments, glyphs inscribed in the pages of the books.

“I had no idea this building was actually used for something,” Taehyung said, stepping inside after me. Jimin tails after us. I nod at him, walking past the sleeping security guard. He worked night shifts and felt comfortable sleeping here because no one ever came inside.

“No many people to, be it’s just as state of the art as the other libraries. Just houses the older stuff.” I beeline directly for the second floor where they keep the oldest of the books. I could remember from the back of mind reading about this prolonged link before.

 “Do you come here a lot?” Taehyung asks. I turn to him from the top of the stairs and nod.

“It’s quiet,” I tell him.

“Deafeningly,” I here Jimin mutter but I ignore him.

Walking straight to the three shelves of books that I know held what I needed, I stopped in front of the first. “I’ve read about our prolonged link before, can’t remember which book but it was from one of these shelves. I just need to find it. If you guys want to help, you can start pulling the books about witch magic.”

They both start of working well but by the fourth hour in that dusty dim library, I turned to see them collapsed over each other on the table. Asleep. Shaking my head as Jimin began to snore, I reached for the next book, standing up and pushing the chair back. It let out a loud screech as it dragged against the hardwood floor and I felt Taehyung wake up with a groan.

I turned to look ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter