Bestfriends, forever?

Long Awaited Confession
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*I am really sorry for the inconsistent past/present tense, also for other grammatical errors*

Hani: Ready for final exam?

Kai: You know me, I always do my revision last minute.

Hani: Pfft, and you will always do better than me.

 

Kai has always been one level higher than Hani in studying. Maybe this is one of the reasons Hani likes him, because she wants someone that is better(generally in almost everything) than her to be her partner. As for Kai, he has always like it when he beats Hani in almost everything.

Hani has always like Kai, not from the first time they look each other in the eyes like in dramas. She fell for Kai after she became close to him. Well, actually, SCRATCH that. She did start liking him based on looks but not from the first time the see each other. It was probably 2 to 3 weeks after they became friends. Hani didn’t know what happened to her, during that time she entered the class finding out that Kai was sitting in the front seat without wearing his spectacles. *I forgot to mention that Kai wears spectacles*. That was when she thought that Kai is a cute guy and she slowly grew feelings for him.

 

Hani intentionally tried to get close to Kai because she thought if you like someone you should at least fall truly for who he was. Kai was indeed a good guy and without her knowing she fell for him deep.

 

*after the exam is over*

Kai: Hani-yah, let’s eat dinner later. My treat.

Hani was surprised by the sudden invitation and of course she is willingly to go for dinner with Kai.

Hani: okay sure. What time? Are you going to pick me up?

Kai: be ready by 7pm, and yes i’ll fetch you.

 

Arrived home, Hani started to wonder why Kai would want to go for dinner with her, because whenever they were to go for breakfast, lunch or dinner. It has always been Hani the one who invited him.

 

Hani has always wondered why didn’t Kai realize yet that she likes him. Wait SCRATCH that, it is more than ‘like’, Hani’s sure its love.

 

*6.45pm*

Hani was putting on light make-up when she hears the bell rang.

Mrs Yoo who was in the living room got up and open the door.

Mrs Yoo: Ohh Kai, Hani is still upstairs, I’ll get her for you.

Kai smiles and got back to his car and waited for Hani.

Hani enters his car.

Hani: you’re early *gives Kai a glare*. So, where are we having our dinner?

Kai: I know you will be ready early so yeahhh...you decide the restaurant.

Hani took quite a while thinking and she came to a decision to eat for pasta which both of them like.

Hani: Fartini’s

Kai: Okay

 

*arrived at the restaurant*

Sitting down after ordering their food, Kai then stared in Hani’s eyes. Hani felt awkward and somehow nervous but she managed to remain calm.

Hani: Spill the beans, Kai.

Kai smiled and proud to have Hani as his bestfriend knowing him quite well.

Kai: You knew there’s something don’t you?

Hani: Ofcourse, Kai.

 

Kai then took a deep breath.

Kai: Please don’t ignore my question and listen. So, there’s this one girl that I liked back in High School.

Hani: and??

Kai: I just found out that, she liked me back then too. I don’t know if I should make a move to her and perhaps she still has feelings for me and I can move on from Suzy. *Suzy is a girl that Kai has a crush on in the college for two years now*

Hani: I don’t know Kai, what does your heart tell you to do? *asked Hani silently breaking inside*

Kai: I don’t know, since you’re my bestfriend and a girl, so I thought I should ask a girl’s opinion.

Hani: you do remember that I have never been in any relationship before, right?

Kai: Yes, despite that I want an honest and serious answer from you, you’re the only one that can help me. And yes, if asking you these questions via texts I know you’re going to ignore me or giving me funny answers.

 

Hani’s wishing that she can escape from this restaurant now, she feels about to break into tears, and yes she doesn’t like answering this kind of questions coming from Kai. But somehow tonight she managed to remain her composure and able to answer the questions seriously.

 

Hani: honestly Kai, if I were to make a move, I would do it to someone that I like, and not to someone who likes me.

Kai: but I liked her back then.

Hani: Exactly Kai, why didn’t you make a move BACK THEN? Why now? You have feelings for Suzy now right? *asked Hani in serious tone*

Kai: Hani, I want to stop having feelings towards someone who doesn’t even know me.

 

Hani suddenly feel guilty when Kai said that and she was also thinking if Kai knows that she likes him, will he act like this? Probably not, because they’re “bestfriends”

 

Hani: Since I am such a good friend *Hani laughs* and I know you want to hear the answer that you want.

Kai: Yes?

Hani: just go, make a move, you don’t know what will happen if you don’t try, both of you ever have feelings for each other, the worst thing that will happen is she has no feelings for you anymore and rejects you, right?

Kai: but the thing is, I don’t know if that’s what I want to do..but I, I guess I will think about it.

Hani: Kai, do it because you want to do it. Don’t do it because I told you to do it.

Kai: I know.

 

Their food then arrived and they both went home afterwards.

 

****Months passed*****

 

College is now over and Hani is having her sweet time at home and rest. While Kai is happy in relationship with the girl he used to have feelings for in High School, Yura. #bitter

 

*Hani’s phone rings*

 

Hani: Yes Kai?

Kai: Lets go for dinner.

Hani: Again?? Where?

Kai: BBQ Chicken.

Hani: Okay, I’ll drive on my own.

Kai: Aight, see you there.

 

It’s normal for the two of there to go out for unplanned meal even though one of them is already in a relationship now. *yes they love going out to EAT. Hehe*

 

*Conversation while eating*

Kai: So about me and Yura,

Hani: what about her?

Kai: I’m thinking that I should introduced her to you.

Hani: Huuh? Why? Hahah I am not your parents or something?

Kai: Cause you are my bestfriend and I want the two of you to, atleast be friends?

Hani: Do I have options? *Hani asks Kai a rhetorical question, she knows she doesn’t have an option when Kai asking for something*

Kai only smiled and shoke his head.

 

*at Hani’s Place*

As soon as Hani arrived home she soon jumped on her bed and hides her face under the pillow. In matters of moment, Hani found out that she is crying. She then sits up straight and stared to the wall. Hani said to herself

Hani: Why are things getting complicated for me?

Hani: How much longer will I be able to withstand this?

Hani: And now he wants me to meet his new girlfriend?

Hani takes a very long and deep breath and said to herself

Hani: I...I...I don’t think I can do this anymore..

Hani cries harder and she doesn’t care if she’s making too much noise, crying.

 

Kai POV

Kai is now sitting at the restaurant alone waiting the two most important ladies of her life to come, Hani and Yura. Hani decided to come separately because obviously she doesn’t want to disturb the two lovebirds. Little that she know Yura was also coming separately.

 

After few minutes of waiting, Yura arrives.

 

Kai: Ohh Yura, come and have a sit next to me.

Yura: Yee, oppa.

 

Yura is such a beautiful and well mannered lady thus, the reason Kai fell for her. Everytime Kai sees Yura he can’t help but to think that he is one lucky guy.

 

Both Kai and Yura have waited for almost 30 minutes for Hani, Kai tried calling her but it was not answered. He starts to feel uneasy and he decided to order and eat, and not to wait for Hani.

 

Kai is now driving his car with Yura sitting next to him.

Kai: I send you home right away, okay?

Yura: Why, oppa?

Kai: I have to go somewhere, we’ll go out again soon, okay? *Kai gives Yura a smile*

Yura: okay, alright oppa.

 

Kai was heading to Hani’s place right away after he dropped off Yura. So much is going on his head right now, he has been thinking the reason Hani didn’t show up to the restaurant without notice and why she wasn’t answering his phone call. Hani has never acting this way. She has always responded to Kai’s phone call or messages swiftly.

 

Kai rang the bell of Hani’s place only to be greeted by Hani’s mother Mrs Yoo.

Mrs Yoo: ohh Kai yaa, why are you here at this hour?

Kai: is Hani inside, aunty?

Mrs Yoo: ehh? She you didn’t know??

Kai: Know about what??

Mrs Yoo: she got a job overseas, she flew off few hours ago, I actually just got back from the airport.

 

Kai was shocked and he didn’t know how to react.

 

Mr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter