two.

deep down, I might still love you.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two pretty girls—rather short ones—sat across each other in an awkward atmosphere; while the one with a lighter shade of hair trying to make it oh-so-not-obvious that she's not fairly pissed and at the brink of thrashing the café over. The dark brown haired girl preferred to stay silent in place, observing every single actions the older one do like it would cost her the world for not paying attention.

"So, would you mind telling just what the actual are you trying to do calling me outside abruptly in my precious lunch break?" Nayeon exclaimed, hands running through her half-dishevelled hair from the strong afternoon wind outside.

Hearing the words that spitted out of her cousin's mouth, Jihyo can't help but flinch a little at the sudden curse word. Not playing saint and all, Jihyo just haven't got accustomed to her playful and adorable Nayeon-unnie growing up to be a sarcastic and kind-of-potty-mouthed person, tho' the playful still remained while adorable went into cringy. 

It was hard gathering the patience to drag her cousin over a small café just three blocks away from the said woman's office, Nayeon was just a step from crossing the line of being mad when Jihyo decided to give her silent and nearly empty phone a call out of a sudden when the bunny-teethed woman had barely eaten a portion of her terrible lunch in the crowded office cafeteria—not that the food is great, Nayeon just wanted to socialise a little with her workmate and recover from stomach growling. Contemplating on whether to hear out the pleas that was basically invading her ear drums from the phone, Nayeon's slimmy legs finally took her to the vacant seat that's placed across a sour-faced Jihyo.

One breathe and a quick nervous glance Jihyo took, reassuring herself to tell the older girl about her matter.

"Sana and I have been fighting,"

Nayeon raised one of her eyebrows, giving Jihyo that I-know-this-would-happen-you- look which is very not helping to the brown haired girl's state of emotions, rather making Jihyo cower more in her seat. Doubts here and there restraining the girl from continuing her sentence before Nayeon sharpened her gaze even more.

"For a few weeks."

Returning her expressing into normal, Nayeon looked at the girl who's sitting in front on her in disbelief, "The longest huh? I can't believe this."

Feigning her earlier facade; as in pretending to act unaffected and fail miserably at it, Jihyo blinked rapidly to soothe the agonizing pain that's swelling in her heart by Nayeon's words that reminded her of the arguments from nights before. She was never one who masks their emotions well, and Nayeon didn't have to use much effort to see through her, which causes for the bunny-teethed woman's expression to soften.

"I know, but everything is going downhill in fast pace. You know me, right? I just can't let Sana's attitude stray far like that, more people might get hurt from her actions," Jihyo played with her nails while explaining, doing her best to avoid Nayeon's stare that makes her a bit uncomfortable and churns her stomach like a wild storm.

"Do you want me to be honest or calm you down right now?"

Silence enveloped Jihyo again, dark clouds shroud over her eyes as she squirmed in her seat uncomfortably. Her mind is telling her to throw whatever piece of cash left in her pocket to the squeaky wooden table for paying Nayeon's five-cream-shots coffee and run out from there real quick. But she won't run away again—at least not as much usual.

"I... I don't know..."

She did avoid the topic, though.

"You can't just say 'I don't know', Jisoo-ah."

Jihyo knows that Nayeon is damn well serious when she uses her birth name. Growing up together has lots of pros and cons, and knowing each other's personalities like the back of their own hands is neither both. The brown haired girl went through more than two s to know that despite the softie Im Nayeon is, rare moments when she confronts Jihyo like this are one to be taken seriously.

"The Park Jisoo I knew never ran away, confronting her problems head on no matter the outcome," every single phrase that Nayeon said struck Jihyo's heart more than she expected. 

Just where did herself went?

Flashes of memories went through Jihyo's mind, adding more and more stinging pain to every inch of her body. Ever since she was little, her family always told her not to run away from anything, cause it won't do her any good aside from doubling the already escalating problem. Jihyo can't find the answer within the jumbled mess that is her mind, and there is no one to blame. Not even Sana.

"You both have somewhat good relationship, Sana helps you to remove your self doubts and free yourself, while you guides her to fix her bad habits bit by bit," letting out a sigh, Nayeon's lips opened again, "But you're both stubborn, sticking to what you believe is right to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter