If You

Best of Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin was terrified. 

He was always terrified when his step-brother was involved. 

Ever since they were first introduced to each other when their parents got married, Kim Yunjae had made Jongin’s life a living hell. From hitting and kicking him in their elementary years, to manhandling him in their high school years, Yunjae had been the most abusive person Jongin had ever met. 

Yunjae’s mother would always excuse the abuse with Yunjae being an alpha male, but Jongin knew the truth. Yunjae simply got off on hurting others, especially omegas. 

Jongin looked up at Yunjae with watery eyes. He hated how weak and helpless who turned when Yunjae was around, but after years of torture and abuse, his body recognized Yunjae as a threat, as someone who could and would hurt him. On top of that, his omega nature made it impossible for him to even try to defend himself against an alpha. 

In conclusion...Jongin was trapped. 

Trapped with a mind that knew of no ways out. 

Trapped in a body that was physically powerless up against Yunjae’ much larger body. 

Lastly, he was trapped with a soul that, even against his wishes, desperately wanted nothing more than to please alphas so that one day one would grace him enough to claim him and promise to take care of him for the rest of his life.

Yunjae reached down and snatched Jongin up off of the floor, Jongin letting out a pitiful whine. That submissive noise only caused a sick satisfying grin to appear on the alpha’s face. 

“You always make the prettiest sounds, Nini,” he ran a rough hand along the side of Jongin’s face, ignoring the dampness of his cheeks, “I’ve missed you so much.” 

“P-please...Yunjae..don’t.” 

One hand was holding Jongin up, stopping him from crumbling to his knees, and the one that was on his face slid down to his throat and tightened. 

Jongin let out a small gasp but still tried to be strong. He lied to himself, telling himself that he was not that weak omega boy he used to be. That despite being the “inferior” gender, Jongin was his own person and didn’t have to bend over backward for any and every alpha. 

Those were the lies that Jongin mentally told himself, and in his mind, they were true. 

But this was reality. And in reality, Yunjae was superior to him in every way. 

Yunjae frowned, “Yunjae? What are you? My friend? No, you’re my little brother. So what are you supposed to call me?” 

Jongin wanted to look elsewhere, but he knew that was only pissed the alpha off even more. Yunjae always needed Jongin’s eyes on him. If Jongin ever dared to look away, Yunjae would punish him for it. 

“Hyu-Hyung…” 

Yunjae smirked but his grip around Jongin’s neck still didn’t let up. The room started to reek of hostility and danger and Jongin started to have trouble breathing. The omega was so familiar with the scent. Yunjae often smelled that way when dealing with Jongin. 

“Hyung...please...I can’t breath,”Jongin cried softly, “I promise...I’ll be good.” 

Yunjae’s grip loosened and a wave of relief washed over Jongin. Yunjae let go of his neck completely but yanked the smaller male into a tight embrace. 

Jongin went stiff. 

He let Yunjae rubbed himself against his body, scenting him like he used to do back when they were younger. The omega hated it. He had to suffer from isolation because no one would dare approach him with another’s alpha scent all over him. If he hadn’t been wearing a collar, people would have assumed he was already mated with the way Yunjae saturated him with his scent. 

The sound of a police siren stopped Yunjae from his scenting. 

Jongin gulped. 

“Did you call the police on me, Nini?” 

Jongin shook his head immediately, “No. I didn’t.”

I wouldn’t dare…

Yunjae stared deep into Jongin’s eyes. He didn’t say a word. 

Jongin felt like his heart was going to jump right out of his chest. He wanted Yunjae to just leave already. If the police were coming, then more than likely one of his neighbors called and the omega was eternally grateful. 

“I believe you, Nini. I know you wouldn’t lie to me,” He brushed the omega’s hair out of his face, “I should go. It smells like fear in here and I don’t want to waste my time explaining myself to the police. You will cover for me, right?”

Jonign knew that wasn’t really a question. It was an order. 

He nodded and Yunjae smiled. 

“That’s my boy.” 

And then, Yunjae left the apartment. 

When the policemen knocked on his door, he lied of course. He told them that all the loud banging was just a stupid prank by his friend and the neighbor must have misunderstood. 

He could tell the alpha law enforcement did not believe him, but they let it go thankfully. 

Once he was alone, Jongin’s legs finally gave out. 

He cried. 

And cried. 

And cried some more. 

~.~.~.~

Sehun was lost in his own world when he overheard a conversation between three alpha girls. 

“My dad said he got a call last night about a domestic fight between an alpha and a omega and when he arrived at the scene is it that counselor Mr. Kim’s place.’ 

“What? Seriously? Mr. Kim? Fighting with an alpha? Is he okay?” 

“Yeah, did your dad say he was okay? Mr. Kim is so sweet, I can’t imagine him being upset with anyone.” 

“Well, when he and his partner got there, the alpha was already gone and Mr. Kim was alone. But he did say that Mr. Kim was all shook up though. But he didn’t report anything so Daddy couldn’t do anything.” 

“Aww, poor thing. Mr. Kim is pre- Sehun? What’s wrong?” 

Sehun didn’t even realize that he was suddenly standing over them until one of the girls said his name. 

His insides were burning, his blood boiling. His muscles were tense and his vision was blurred. He didn’t speak, his throat felt extremely tight at the moment. 

He got a whiff of mild fear coming off one of the alpha girls as well as from a few of the other students in the class. He wanted to ask them more about Mr. Kim. Was he okay? Did he have any bruises? Did he cry? But the more thoughts that came to him the….angrier he got? 

He was furious. He was so mad he felt sick. This was nothing like his anger fits from when he was a kid, it was more. He wanted to tear into any and everything. He was wanted to scream at the top of his lungs and rip every single strand of hair he had out of his head. His nails were surely cutting into his palms but he felt nothing. 

“Sehun….do you need a moment?” 

The alpha felt the hesitation in the voice but he could not register who it belonged to. He didn’t care either. He needed to get out of there. All the fear and anxiety in the air pissed him off even more. He hadn’t meant to scare anyone. Why was he like this?

Sehun gathered his items and stormed out of the art room. He had to see Mr. Kim. He needed to see him. The adult omega’s presence always pushed Sehun into a calmer state of mind. Maybe this time, he could help too. 

Sehun’s head was spinning. He wanted to sit down but his want to see the teacher was greater so he pushed himself all the way to the counselor's office. 

To much displeasure, he was informed by the secretary that Mr. Kim did not show up to work today. 

“Did he say why?” Sehun all but growled. He didn’t mean to sound so angry. It wasn’t her fault at all. 

The beta woman wore a look of confusion and concern, “He said he was sick. Are you okay, Sehun? Is something wrong?” 

Sehun inhaled sharply, “Where does he live?” 

“Excuse me?” 

Sehun gripped the edges on her desk, “Address. I need his address.” 

“I don’t think...I can’t….” 

Sehun could not take no for an answer, “Please...I need him.” 

Either the beta woman felt sorry for him or his aura was too compelling, but she quickly scribbled an address on a scrap of paper and handed it to the student. 

“Thanks.” 

Sehun knew he was going to get in trouble for leaving school without permission, but at the moment, he couldn’t have cared less. All the mattered was finding Mr. Kim and having him take the pain away. 

~.~.~.~

Jongin had spent the night at Taemin’s. He could n’t sleep knowing that there was a possibility that Yunjae could return. He even called out of work because he was so shaken up by the alpha. 

Taeho was so happy that Jongin has spent the night, but even the toddler could feel Jongin’s uneasiness. The baby alpha wanted to comfort his mom’s best friend to the best of his ability, but nothing he did seemed to cheer Jongin up. 

“What’s wrong, honey?” Taemin asked. 

“Nini is sad. I want to make him happy, but I don’t know how,” T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter