1/2

Ending Scene
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Four years ago...​​​​​​

 

Hong Joochan That name wasn't new among people in that school. A famous romantic guy with beautiful voice, also the captain of their school's basketball team. His voice could melt everyone's heart and could even heal any existed disease in this world and could bring rainbow in hurricane and... okay stop. In short, every human being would has even a tiny crush on him.

 

"Hurry up! Suzy, we don't have time for that! Joochan will start his performance soon! Palli palli." Two female students were running along the corridor, followed by another seven, or eight students. They were heading to the main hall to watch their favorite singer slash crush's performance. Art & Music club was launching their event for new intake members. Joochan was listed as one of the performers, along with his friends, Jaehyun and Jibeom.

 

"Hong Joochan!!!! Wait for me!!!!!!!" Those fanatic fans ran towards the stairs and just simply pushed everyone who blocked their way, included a group of senior who was walking down the stairs. One of the senior ended up falling down after being pushed.

 

"." That small latter with thin figure cursed lowly under his breath. He looked up and gave a sharp glare to the rude junior who pushed him earlier. "Be ugly is fine, but at least, please get some manner." He dissed the younger after standing up on his feet again.

 

That girl was taken aback at his sharp words. Her eyes shaking before slowly broke into tears right at the moment. The senior in front of her just scoffed.

 

Kim Donghyun. A very cold person and it was so rare to see him smile. Strict and serious without playful attitude. So neat and organized. In short, majority people hated him and his boring sides. Just a loner. Nothing really interesting about him except his dancing skill. It was seriously no joke! He spent his leisure time in the school studio room alone just to dance. He was so passionate in dancing, you could tell. 

 

One day, he was sitting and eating alone in cafeteria. Nothing's new. He enjoyed his time by himself though. Few minutes later, that usual annoying fangirl scream could be heard from outside the cafe. The noise was getting nearer and the next thing Donghyun found himself in the middle of crowd. What the hell was happening? He looked up to the side when he heard a familiar voice. That voice everyone willing to die for.

 

"Is this seat empty?" Joochan flashed his famous dashing smile. That smile that could melt everyone's heart but wasn't work on Donghyun. He talked about the chair beside the older one.

 

"My bag is sitting there, just in case if you can't see it." Yes, as expected from the most cold guy. But he was dealing with Hong Joochan, a romantic guy who didn't give a about hater because the only thing he cared was his fans.

 

Joochan simply took the bag and removed it to another chair before settle himself on the empty seat beside Donghyun. "Thanks for the food!" He casually said with a smile plastered on his face. Girls (and even boys) around him (and Donghyun) screamed excitedly at the simple yet cute action from the blonded male. Meanwhile, Donghyun just rolled his eyes in annoyance.

 

He felt uncomfortable with this crowded and noisy situation. Girls gathered to flirt with Joochan who once labeled as playboy. Wow~ Let's pretend to be shocked.

 

At last, Donghyun grabbed his bag and leaved the cafe without even finishing his lunch. Their lives just too contrasted to one another.

 

Literally no one thought an introvert and an extrovert could get along so well. No one ever thought, until this one evening that slowly changed everything between the two students.

 

Joochan was running aimlessly in attempt to save himself from his fanatic fans. Day by day, those students just got even crazier and Joochan couldn't take it anymore. He keep running, just let his legs guiding his way until he decided to hide in one of the classrooms. "Ugh fck." He threw his body against a door and got into the room before locked it right away. "Fck. This is so tiring. I almost thought they're zombies.. wtf." His chest raising up and down, panting hard. After calming himself down, he turned around and just realized he wasn't in a classroom but a studio. To be exact, dancing studio. 'Whatever. I'm save here anyway.' He innerly thought while wiping his sweaty forehead.

 

Later, he blinked his eyes dumbly at the sight of a person dancing at the other side of the studio. That guy was having small skinny frame, dressed in all black, his sharp movement was so nice to see. Joochan found himself mesmerized by it as he stood still, mouth slightly gaped and eyes didn't blink even once. This was the first time he saw someone dancing so perfectly yet passionately. He gulped and got back into his sense when that latter turned around and their eyes met.

 

Joochan slightly flinched when Donghyun opened his mouth to speak.

 

"What-- how-- since when you're there?!" That small guy seemed obviously surprised at the newcomer's appearance.

 

"Since.. you did this pak pakkk movement. Pakk pakkk... like this. Pakk... uhm.. pakkk?" Joochan hesitantly replied while tried to imitate the hands movement Donghyun did earlier. He nervously grinned when the older one shot him serious look. "You-- you look so good while dancing. It's my first time seeing such nice sharp movement, you know." He praised sincerely.

 

Donghyun's gaze slightly softened at the praise he received. Yes, it wasn't something new. His friends always praised him for his dancing skill. It was sick as hell. But this? This was the first time he being praised by someone who wasn't his friends. To make it clear, a stranger (at least in Donghyun's point of view). Okay, to make this even clearer, he never showed his dancing skill to anyone besides his friends slash other dancers who practiced with him.

 

"R-- Really?" Donghyun hesitantly muttered. His cold expression being replaced with softer one, and he even stuttered. Joochan giggled as he found it cute.

 

"Yes! Your skill is hella lit! Why don't you expose yourself more and let everyone know--"

 

"So, everyone will pay attention on me like how they pay attention on you? What a mess." Donghyun cut and scoffed sarcastically. He folded his arms across his chest.

 

Joochan mentally sighed. He never met someone who was as cold and stubborn as this one particular guy in front of him now. Donghyun always ready to fight and argue about everything coming from Joochan's mouth.

 

"Listen." The blonded male made his way towards the skinny dancer and stopped just a feet in front of him. "I still don't get why and what makes you hate me so much. Not that it affects my life nor I care though. What makes me confused is that you seem to hate me a lot but you came to watch my performance every time."

 

Donghyun was still looking down, avoided from making any eye contact. He just not used to such kind of cringy thing. Meanwhile, so-called playboy Joochan was looking down at him. From this distance, their height difference could be seen obviously. Donghyun was shorter few centimetres and much thin than the blonded latter.

 

Joochan could spotted him easily while performing on stage was because Donghyun preferred standing at the back and out of crowd. It somehow made him stand out.

 

"Are you one of my fans?" He smirked a little, teased the older guy who simply scoffed at his question.

 

"You're just a pain in the ."

 

"Well, yea. Said someone who never missed to watch my performance."

 

Donghyun had no words to say. Yes, he watched Joochan's performance and he couldn't deny the fact that that latter's voice was so beautiful. But the only reason Donghyun came to watch him was simply because he just curious about what made everyone love this singer so much? Like.. SO DAMN MUCH! Because tbh, he didn't find anything interesting about Joochan besides his voice when he sing.

 

He startled and slightly flinched when the blonded male took his hand for a hand shake. His eyes fixed on their connected hands.

 

"Let's be friends."

 

Donghyun hesitantly looked up, taken aback as Joochan was smiling at him. 'Friend? How we define that word? Two people who're sharing same interest? Or same lifestyle? Or same attitude and behavior? We're so different in every aspect. Nothing in common. So, how we define friends?'  His mind was busy with thoughts at this moment. Eyes still glued on the latter in front of him.

 

"So?" Joochan lifted up an eyebrow. Donghyun seemed too surprised to react anything? The singer chuckled lowly before spoke again. "My name is Hong Joochan, singing is my hobby. I'm so friendly, so don't hesitate to approach and talk to me." He smiled, waiting for next introduction from Donghyun but it seemed like it would take like forever. So, he asked first. "And how about you?"

 

Another silence but shorter this time because finally Donghyun agreed to open his mouth again. "Kim Donghyun. Dancing... is my hobby. I'm.. not as friendly as you. So, I won't approach you first. But.. you can approach me.. if you want."

 

Joochan's smile grew bigger as he got new friend. This friend was more special than his other friends, he thought. The most cold person ever existed in this school just introduced himself to Joochan. What a big achievement for the blonde.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

Since that evening, Joochan would come to the studio when he need a hidden place or when he had free time. He would just sit and watching Donghyun dance while doing homework given by teachers for that day. They became close as days passed by. Donghyun wasn't as cold as before anymore. He knew how to speak without sounded so harsh or serious now, and his communication skill with other people had improved too. No more sharp glare nor sharp words. Joochan was a cheerful person and played a lot. He joked much even though Donghyun never smile nor laugh at his jokes yet. That black haired male would only scoffed or smirked and even called the joke as lame.

 

Meanwhile, Joochan experienced new thing. The silence and privacy he rarely had before this. He always had to deal with scream and noise, literally no privacy at all. But now, he really enjoyed the silence in this studio room. Donghyun wasn't there when he came earlier, so he just lying down and decided to take an evening nap. Orange sky decorated the view outside the window, painted the whole studio with orange as well.

 

He slightly squinted his closed eyes when he felt a cold palm pressed lightly against his forehead. Slowly, he opened his tired eyes to see Donghyun was sitting beside his head. "Hey." His voice sounded tired too and his weak smile didn't help at all.

 

"Hey." Donghyun replied back. "Are you having fever?"

 

"I don't know."

 

"You feel hot."

 

"Ah.. really?"

 

"Shall we go to clinic?"

 

"It's okay." Joochan giggled lowly, seeing Donghyun's worried face. "I'm not dying tho. I'm just having fever." He casually patted the floor beside him. "Lie down with me." Donghyun took a brief pause before obeyed. Yes, this was how far Joochan had changed that stubborn cold guy to be this obedient. "Where did you go earlier?"

 

"Infirmary. Seungmin hyung accidentally twisted his ankle while dancing, so I brought him there."

 

Joochan just nodded, eyes closed again.

 

"Are you sure we don't need to go to clinic?" Donghyun asked lowly, tried not to sound too disturbing.

 

"Hm, sure. Don't worry. Wake me up after five minute?"

 

"Okay."

 

Donghyun silently took out his mp3 and attached earbuds to his ears, listening to music. He liked ballad song, but his voice wasn't suitable for ballad (that's what he personally thought). So, he just preferred to listen instead of sing.

 

Moving his soft gaze from ceiling above them to the sleeping male beside him. Joochan seemed a bit pale. He must be so tired after basketball match yesterday. Donghyun would come to watch him play if he had free time, but he couldn't make it yesterday as he was so busy settling some works.

 

The black haired latter absentmindedly brought his hand to the blonded one's face and gently brushed his fringe off his forehead. Since Joochan came into his life and they became close, Donghyun admitted he had changed a lot. That guy brought so much happiness and made everything much livelier, because his life before knowing Joochan was simply dull. He couldn't deny it. Joochan was his first best friend he ever had and maybe that was why he treasured that latter so much.

 

Sometimes, he just wondered why Joochan who was a famous as hell and cheerful guy willing to befriend with someone as boring as him.

 

And sometimes, he just wanted Joochan for himself. Seeing that latter being too friendly and nice with others somehow made Donghyun realized he was just Joochan's another friend. 

 

After five minutes passed, he woke up the sleeping male and they walked to subway together before taking different ways to home. Just like usual.

 

Except this time, Joochan offered for a stay. Donghyun was about to leave to opposite direction when Joochan called him.

 

"Donghyun ah."

 

The said dancer stopped his step and turned around.

 

"As tomorrow is weekend, do you wanna spend a night at my place?"

 

Donghyun was a bit taken aback. He once told the blonded male about him living alone since he got into high school. They had been friends for around six months now but this was the first time Joochan offered to come to his place.

 

"I bought new video games yesterday. Let's play them tonight?" The taller one grinned.

 

"Is it okay? Your parents don't mind? Don't you think I'll disturbing-"

 

"Eyyy aniya, aniya. You disturb nobody. I've told about you to my parents though. So, what do you say?"

 

Donghyun still seemed a bit unsure. He never sleepover at anyone's place before. "Uhm.. okay. I'll give it a try."

 

Joochan laughed at the blunt reply. He grabbed the smaller hand and they walked to a same direction, heading to that singer's house.

 

"But I don't bring any clothes-"

 

Donghyun was still giving excuse, couldn't help but sounded panic.

 

"It's okay. You can borrow mine."

 

"But-"

 

"No but, Kim Donghyun." 

 

And the black haired one shut himself up obediently right away. Let Joochan lead their way.

 

Once arrived, Donghyun's mouth slightly gaped at the huge house. Or should they call it as mansion? Hong Joochan was really a perfect guy with perfect life, huh.

 

They entered the place and Donghyun almost stumbled when he was surprised by two maids welcoming them beside the door.

 

"Welcome home, young master and..."

 

"K-Kim Donghyun."

 

"Kim Donghyun." The maids smiled nicely at him. But wait. What did they just called Joochan? Young master?!

 

Donghyun almost couldn't believe what he just heard and was seeing right now. Joochan was a young master? Wtf. Their lives were completely different! What kind of hell did Donghyun got himself into? He felt like want to run and leave this place right away. All this reality was too much for him to take in one go.

 

"Where's mom?"

 

"She's in reading room. Dinner will be ready soon."

 

"Okay, thank you." Joochan replied and started walking again, heading to stairs. "Donghyun, come on."

 

Donghyun politely bowed to the two maids before following his friends. They met Joochan's mom later. She seemed so happy to see the newcomer beside her son.

 

"I guess, this is... cute fairy you always talk about?"

 

Donghyun slightly lifted up eyebrows, clueless at the odd nickname. Meanwhile, Joochan was awkwardly cleared his throat, avoided Donghyun's gaze on him.

 

"M-- mom, his name is Kim Donghyun. Not cute fairy." He mumbled the last sentence.

 

"But this whole time, you referred to him as cute fairy, if I'm not mistaken, son." She sounded teasing before motherly chuckled seeing her son's red face. "Donghyun?"

 

"Nae." Donghyun stood straightly as if he was having a surprise interview. He was still so shock from what happened earlier. Young master and maids and this huge mansion. Oh my gawd. He didn't prepare for this.

 

Mrs. Hong was looking at the cute boy and casually scanning him up and down. Skinny frame with pale white skin and innocent expression, he seemed like a nice person. She smiled again, "You sure so special for Joochan. Fyi, this is the first time he brings his friend back home."

 

"Mommm!" The blonded male was having mental breakdown as his mom couldn't stop exposing him in front of his cute fairy. Lol. "He'll stay overnight,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter