fin.

Comfort

Kyungwon stretches her arm out for her phone that's charging beside Minkyung's bed. 3:30am, it reads. It wasn't until 5am that they would have to wake up for their next schedule but Kyungwon was wide awake, thinking like she had been for the past few days. She stares at the sleeping figure who had arms held tight around her waist and legs tangled up with hers. Although Minkyung was taller than Kyungwon, she had always preferred being the smaller spoon, not that Kyungwon minded that much anyway. 

Kyungwon looks up at the glow-in-the-dark stickers that littered the bed frame. Minkyung initially refused to let Kyungwon "dirty" her personal space but after they started sleeping together, she surprised Kyungwon by putting it up herself. 

 

"I've got a surprise for you." Kyungwon had just gotten back from vocal practice and was dying to get some food when an overly enthusiastic Kim Minkyung pulled her into their shared room.  

"What is it? I'm really hungry and I think I'm about to die, no joke." Kyungwon groaned as Minkyung just rolled her eyes and led the hungry girl to her bed. 

"Check out my bed space." Kyungwon bends down and discovers the whole top filled with a cute mix of dinosaur and food shaped glow-in-the-dark stickers. It's just stickers but Kyungwon is touched by the fact that Minkyung had bothered to stoop down to her childish nature and surprise her like this. She turns around and pulls Minkyung down to the bed. 

"I thought you said it would ruin your personal space?" Kyungwon asked playing with Minkyung's bangs. 

"Well, it seems like you like sleeping here better than on your own bed so it's our space now and I just wanted to be nice." Minkyung moves Kyungwon's hands away and brings their bodies closer together. 

"You know if you're this cute, I'm going to be in big trouble." Kyungwon whispers and she hears Minkyung chuckle. 

"I guess we're both in trouble then." 

 

Kyungwon smiles to herself. Minkyung really was one of the best things that had ever happened to her. She was smart, beautiful, fairly athletic and very talented. If perfection took the form of a human, it would be Kim Minkyung. Then you have Kang Kyungwon. Sure she has the golden ratio and legs too long for her own good but that's it. She didn't have brains, she could barely walk straight without causing an accident, she's barely an average dancer and singer. Kyungwon concludes that she's pretty useless and it .  

"Kyungwonie, is there something wrong?" Kyungwon is slightly startled when Minkyung lazily opens her eyes and snuggles her head closer to Kyungwon's chest. Kyungwon wants to say no and let the girl rest but she knew Minkyung knew her better than that. 

"I've been thinking these past few days and don't you think I'm kind of useless in our group?" Kyungwon never knew saying it out loud would make her sound even more pathetic than she already felt. She could already feel her tears threatening to fall any moment. Minkyung immediately jolts up, almost hitting her head on the bed frame. 

"Kang Kyungwon, what kind of nonsense is that? You know you're not useless, everyone needs you. We're not PRISTIN without you." Minkyung interlocks their hands together and looks straight at Kyungwon. 

"Listen, our rap line can sing better than me. I'm the worst dancer amongst the 10 of us. I'm not even a visual in the group or the funny one. None of my talents are special? I don't know about you but that sounds pretty useless to me." Kyungwon could taste salt on her tongue. She hadn't even realize that her dam had already broke and that she was crying. She hated herself for being so untalented and being such a burden to everyone. 

"Why would you ever think that? Have you been reading negative comments?" Minkyung uses her long arms to grab tissue from Kyla's table. She tenderly wipes the tears off Kyungwon's face. Kyungwon starts to feel worse. Why did she have to breakdown like this? 

"Sometimes I regret ever coming here and being part of this amazing group of people. I don't deserve this at all." At this, Minkyung takes hold of Kyungwon's face. Her heart wrenches at this side of Kyungwon. Kyungwon was like a chameleon. When she was with the beagles she would be as hectic as them, when with the quieter members she would know how to enjoy the silence and small talk between them. It wasn't really being two faced since they were all very real sides of Kyungwon. Minkyung knew Kyungwon also had insecurities and a lot of hurt inside, she just never showed it to anyone (with the exception of Nayoung and Minkyung). Minkyung tilts her head down so that she can see Kyungwon's eyes. Those eyes usually filled with childlike purity and innocence now reflect harsh realities and insecurities. Minkyung doesn't say a word but she does pull Kyungwon into her embrace, letting the younger girl cry into her shoulder. (Kyungwon didn't want Siyeon or Kyla to wake up and find her in her vulnerable state so she was grateful for that.) They stay like that for awhile in the silence until Minkyung feels Kyungwon's steady breaths again. 

"I'm sorry, you must be disappointed in me. Having these insecurities and letting them affect me. I thought I was doing fine but I guess not."

"We all have insecurities, don't apologize for breaking down because it's not your fault. Kyungwon, look at me and tell me what you think of me." Kyungwon is slightly confused by the sudden request but she doesn't hesitate to answer, describing someone like Minkyung is easy. 

"Kim Minkyung. You're intelligent, drop dead gorgeous. May come off cold but actually your heart is so pure and you only want the best for everyone. Whenever I'm lost or broken, you're always there to guide me, fix me. You're perfect." 

"It's funny how I think about you the same way." 

"Don't lie to me." 

"I'm not lying. You are perfect to me and I'm sure you are to our members and your family too." Minkyung prays Kyungwon can feel her sincerity. 

"That doesn't change anything." Minkyung cups Kyungwon's face with her hands so that their eyes are at the same level. 

"Do you trust me?" Kyungwon chuckles at the stupid question. Of course she trusts Minkyung, maybe even more than she trusts herself. 

"Since you do, then let me be your mirror. When you look at me, let it be so that you're looking at yourself. If you say I'm perfect, which I definitely am not, then keep looking at me because I want you to be reminded of how amazing and wonderful Kang Kyungwon is." 

Tears start rolling down Kyungwon's already tear stained face but this time it was for the opposite reason. She feels Minkyung wiping away her tears and she does the same for the taller girl who was also sobbing. 

"I love you so-" Kyungwon is quickly silenced by a pair of warm lips against her own before she could even finish her sentence. It takes a few seconds before it hits Kyungwon that they were kissing. Kim Minkyung was kissing her. They've been dating for a few months already but the most they have done together was cuddle. Kyungwon feels her lips start to move in rhythm with Minkyung's and she starts to let go and forget about her troubles for awhile. 

They eventually pull back, the kiss tasted like salt but they would both agree that it was the best first kiss. Minkyung pulls Kyungwon down so that they're lying down side by side. With arms wide open, she motions for Kyungwon to move closer. (Minkyung only lets Kyungwon be the small spoon when she feels like babying the latter.) Kyungwon rolls into Minkyung's embrace and snuggles her head into Minkyung's chest. They listen to each other's steady breathing, although their hearts may have been racing a bit. 

"Thank you for that." 

"Anytime, my love." 


The next day, Kyungwon finds herself in the middle of what the beagles would like to call a "Kyungwon appreciation slumber party". They all gather in their living room, sleeping bags laid all over in a mess as the girls went one by one expressing their affection and love for Kyungwon. Kyungwon shoots Minkyung a questioning look but the older girl just smiles. She spends the night squashed between Yaebin and Jieqiong aka the group's clingiest cuddlers. Kyungwon catches Minkyung's eye from a few bodies away and she realizes something.

These 9 girls, they're her family.

A family wouldn't be the same with one member missing and she wouldn't have it any other way.

 

 

 

 


A/N: if you made it to the end god bless you. i'm sorry this i just love 2kyung too much