The meeting

By your side

 

CHAPTER 1

 

Hey CL! It's getting late already,” said Bom worriedly, pointing to the clock, “you better get going now. The remaining work can be done tomorrow.”

 

It's okay unnie, I'm almost done modifying the wedding dress, and it's only 10pm. By the way, did the couple who came 30 minutes ago say when they would like their wedding to be held?”

 

They were considering their wedding to be held in approximately a month. So CL, go home now and rest. You can start designing her wedding dress on another day. I don't want to be seen as an employer abusing her employees 'kay?”

 

CL smiled at her remark. “Arrasso unnie. I'll be out in 5 minutes.” She got up to pack her stuff neatly in her bag, while Bom walked outside and waited. After CL got out of the shop, Bom then locked the doors securely.

 

CL, do you need a ride back home? It's very late.”

 

It's really okay Bommie unnie. I can take the train back. Bye unnie!” CL bowed and quickly walked off.

 

CL had been working in Bom's bridal boutique as a designer for almost a year now. She was recommended to work there by her best friend Seunghyun, who worked in a Transnational Corporation, and was Bom's boyfriend as well. CL felt like she owed her life to Seunghyun. Without his help, she wouldn't have gotten a job and an apartment. But most importantly, Seunghyun had stayed with her in the darkest period of her life, and encouraged her to pick herself up, to be the person she was now. Her social circle only consisted of Seunghyun and Bom, who both did not despise her at all. CL often wished that the world could be filled with more such people, but unfortunately, that wasn't how the world functioned. Discrimation surfaced everywhere. As such, she learnt not to trust anybody easily.

 

CL finally reached home after a long train ride. Slumber claimed her immediately after she washed up due to intense fatigue, and she even forgot to feed her cat.

 

Next time, she should perhaps listen to Bom's advice and stop being such a workaholic.

 

 

♤♤♤

 

 

The next morning, when CL woke up, she noticed her cat lying on the ground next to the bed, motionless. There was a tiny trail of blood on the ground from the door. Gasping in shock, she jumped out of bed, examining the cat. There was a huge gash on the cat's leg. It was the first time something like that happened, and CL panicked of course.

 

Grabbing her phone from the lamp table, she punched in Seunghyun's number, praying hard that he was awake.

 

Yoboseyo?” The sleepy voice of Seunghyun appeared.

 

Seunghyun oppa! Do you know if there's any vet clinics around my area that are open at this time? The one I know opens at 12pm! Dadoong is bleeding and he fainted!” CL almost shouted through the phone.

 

Okay Chaerin I'll text you the address.” He hung up.

 

CL carefully placed Dadoong in her large

 

After receiving Seunghyun's message, CL frantically set off to find the clinic, which was fortunately just a few streets from her house.

 

Seunghyun oppa said the name of the clinic was GD Veterinary Clinic, where is it.......” CL glanced at all the buildings along the street. The picture of a dog on a shop front caught CL's attention. She found it.

 

CL pushed open the glass doors, the tiny bells hung on the door tinkling. The crisp smell of medicine greeted her. No one was at the reception area, nor at the seating area.

 

Annyeonghaseyo! Is anyone in? My cat is injured.”

 

A few moments of silence passed. CL frowned in frustration and turned around, preparing to leave. Just then, quick footsteps could be heard.

 

Hey! Miss! I'm the doctor here!” The male exclaimed.

 

CL stared at him, giving him her poker face. “What took you so long! 'Kay whatever, please examine my cat now. His leg was injured and there was lots of blood!” CL placed Dadoong gingerly on his arms.

 

The doctor gulped, surprised at how snappy the petite female was.

 

Alright. Please fill in this form first while I attend to your cat.” He briskly walked back to where he came from.

 

CL nodded and filled up the form, which was meant for the clinic's records. When CL came to “Profession/Job”, she realised she had totally forgotten about her work. It was already 9.45am and she had an appointment with a client to discuss about her wedding dress at 10.30am!

 

I'm so dead.” CL muttered, and then called Bom. CL then started to pace up and down the clinic nervously.

 

Bommie unnie! I'm so sorry, but I would be late today! I'm at the veterinary clinic waiting for Dadoong!”

 

I see.....It's alright Chaerin! I'll settle matters here for the time being.”

 

Oh! Bommie unnie! There'll be a couple coming over to discuss about her wedding dress in 45 minutes, her gown is the one with hand beaded details in the bodice and a full gathered skirt. I hung it on the first row.”

 

Okay noted. You should take a rest as well.”

 

Thanks Bommie unnie! I'm so sorry!”

 

It's okay Chaerin! Bye!”

 

 

When CL put down the call and turned around, she jumped backwards in shock. The doctor was standing only an arm's length from her and was looking at her smiling.

 

How dare he eavesdrop on her conversation!

 

Hi Chaerin! Do you remember me?”

 

Confusion registered in CL's mind. She was pretty sure she hadn't seen that creepy smiling doctor anywhere before. CL looked at him sceptically. But how did he know her name?

 

How did you know my name? And sir, I do not have the slightest idea of your identity. Is my cat alright now?”

 

Your name?” The man grinned, “It's in the form you filled in just now. Don't you remember me? I was in the same high school as you were, Seoul High School! I was in the class next to yours and -”

 

Shut up! I have no interest in your high school life. You may know me, but I don't! How's my cat?”

 

The doctor grimaced at her sudden flare up. “Your cat's fine now. I've patched up his injured leg. Do you mind leaving him here for a day or two? For a proper check-up.”

 

Okay..... But you'd better take good care of Dadoong!”

 

The guy smiled and nodded. He didn't seem to be angry with her for shouting at him. CL started to feel a tinge of guilt for lashing out at him just now, but she really couldn't stand listening to such talkative guys who liked to act like they knew everything.

 

Hey...” CL mumbled, “I'm sorry for just now, I was in a bad mood. And, thanks for saving my cat.”

 

He beamed at CL. “Apology accepted. You don't need to thank me, it's my job and responsibility. Since you said you don't know me, I shall give a proper self introduction. My name is Kwon Ji Yong, and my pseudonym is GD. I was from Seoul High School class B.” He looked at CL questioningly, “So Chaerin, do you remember me now?”

 

CL merely shrugged. She was feeling uneasy about how GD called her name and talked to her, as if she was his friend. “I don't know. Goodbye.”

 

 

____________

 

 

I'm glad there're people reading this fic ^.^ i hope i don't let any subscriber down. please do comment~

 

Oh! And college's starting tmr T-T so i won't be able to update often! ): I'll try my best to update when I can!