EPILOGUE : hundred days in frames

mémento: hundred days in frames
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“KIM TAEHYUNG! WE’RE LATE!” Seokjin screams from outside, feet tapping repeatedly. They’ve waited for the main character of the day for two hours. Yoongi’s already tired of waiting and fell asleep on the couch. Jimin and Namjoon are enjoying their time in their own world.

 

“COMING!” Taehyung shouts from inside his bedroom. He still hasn’t finished getting ready, yet. He keeps changing his shirt. He needs to looks good today. Because it’s a special—a very special day. At the end, Taehyung decides on his final choice of a floral-print shirt and black straight trousers. He wears a necklace with a ring hanging on it and his favorite wristwatch. Done. He smiles as he’s staring at his own reflection on the mirror. You look so fine, Kim Taehyung.

 

He reaches out his black snake pattern pouch before he walks out from his room. “Let’s go,” he says.

 

“Why did you take so ing long?” Yoongi grumbles.

 

Taehyung shows his grin. “Sorry, hyung.”

 

Seojin taps Taehyung’s back. “We’re late. Let’s go,” he says as he walks away first.

 

 

A Little Piece of Happiness

memento by Jeon Jeongguk

 

A big banner is plastered at the gate of the white building. Taehyung stops his steps just to stare at the banner with a smile on his face. Seeing the words Jeon Jeongguk make his heart thump again. It will be his last exhibition, said Jimin when he told Taehyung about the exhibition. Apparently, Jeongguk asked Jimin to do this exhibition no matter what happened to him.

 

“Tae, what are you doing standing there?” asks Namjoon who’s waiting for him.

 

“Ah, sorry,” says Taehyung as he walks into the building.

 

Again, Taehyung stops at the entrance when he sees a photo of Jeongguk hanging on the wall at the entrance. He’s smiling. So pretty and handsome. Taehyung misses Jeongguk, of course. Taehyung almost chokes but he takes a deep breath, calming his heart and trying hard not to cry, at least not today.

 

“Tae, do you want to go with us or—?” asks Jimin when they are inside.

 

“I’ll go by myself, Jiminie. Thank you,” Taehyung smiles and Jimin replies with another smile.

 

“Ok, then. Just text me when you’re done,” he says. Taehyung answers with a nod and another thin smile. Jimin pats Taehyung’s back before he walks away.

 

Jeongguk’s photograph are always amazing and Taehyung always loves them. Even before they met, before they liked each other, before they were dating, Taehyung already fell for Jeongguk’s photo. It’s like his photo can talk so the people who see them, can know what message he wants to tell. He can make any little moment become a masterpiece. He can make people who see his photos feels the warmth. He always gives people who see his photos happiness from the simplest things.

 

It’s Jeon Jeongguk, indeed. Taehyung always praises Jeongguk about his talent in photography. And Jeongguk always likes it—a lot—whenever Taehyung praises him. Taehyung can’t help but to smile admiring Jeongguk’s works. Some of the photos are taken when they’re together and that makes Taehyung rewind the moment in his head.

 

He almost bursts into tears, but he can still hold it. He doesn’t want to cry on Jeongguk’s big day. Taehyung keeps walking through the hall of the venue until he arrives at a door that’s still closing. Above the door, my source of happiness is written there. Taehyung stands still, not having the courage to open the door until a voice startles him.

 

“Open the door, Tae,” says Yoongi who’s already standing behind Taehyung—with Hoseok next to him.

 

“Eh?”

 

“I said open the door,” he repeats his words. Taehyung furrows his brows together in confusion.

 

“Open it, Tae. Or you’ll regret it,” says Hoseok. Taehyung still don’t understand what happened, but he does what Yoongi asks him to do. He places his hand on the doorknob, turning it to open the door. Taehyung’s jaw hangs open when he sees what’s inside the room. The tears that are already in corner of his eyes trail down his rosy cheeks. The room’s filled with photos of him. Yea, him. Only Taehyung’s photos are hanging inside the room.

 

There are photos of him when he’s smiling, sleeping, or when he puts on his serious face because he’s focusing on something. Then, he sees the photo of him sitting near the window with a sad face. It was after he got into the accident. Taehyung reads the caption.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter