Happy Birthday Appa!

To Infinity and Beyond

 

OHBB BONUS CHAP

 

 

It was already 11:00 in the evening when I returned home from our restaurant. Krystal came home with the kids earlier because Se Na was complaining that she’s already sleepy.

 

I found her in the kitchen with various ingredients laid on the table while she’s grinding nuts on her mortar and pestle.

 

“Hey… What are you doing~?” I whispered on my wife’s ear who looks so radiant and beautiful as ever. I gave her a back hug and rested my chin on her shoulder looking at the Basil leaves and Pine nuts she has been pounding.

 

Turning her head on me, she gave me a lingering kiss that always makes my heart go berserk before answering in her sweet voice “I’m making Appa’s favorite since it’s her birthday tomorrow..”

 

We’ve been married for years now but Soojung never fails to make my heart melt. She’s still the caring and loving wife to me and mother to our kids.

 

“This will be done in a few minutes baby… can you wait?” I chuckled at what she said and mumbled for her to hear.

 

“I waited and searched for you for 7 years… what more for a few minutes?”

 

She laughed heartily at what I said and continued on what she’s doing. After pouring the hand made sauce in an air tight container, I broke my hug on her and took it then brought it to the fridge for storage.

 

Together we cleaned the kitchen while talking about the crowd in the Bistro earlier. It seems our Bistro attracts younger customers too due to the presence of our twins Bo Na and Joey.

 

Whenever I will see Bo Na and Joey doing their job at the Bistro, I feel so proud knowing that our kids grew up to be hardworking and good hearted persons. We didn’t push them to do it… they volunteered because they said its a good opportunity for them to learn about our livelihood.

 

This will be their last Summer in High School because after they graduate, both of them will be entering the University. How time flies….

 

They were just 2 chubby, cute, and beautiful babies back then crawling in the grass at Central Park. Now here they are all grown up and will start their last year in High School, both of them at the top of their classes.

 

Bo Na is the President of the Photography Club of their school, while Joey is the Student Council President and Captain of the Swimming Team. The two of them alternates on the number 1 spot of their school rankings surprising me and their Eomma.

 

Se Na is already schooling too while our youngest Adrian will be starting at the little school. Bo Na and Joey has been teaching him to read and write so when he starts school he’ll be ready and advance.

 

We’ve been married for almost 18 years but still so in love with each other. I’m turning 44 in just 30 minutes but I still feel 25 whenever we are together.

 

We decided to wait until the clock strikes 12:00 midnight, I let her sit on the stool at the kitchen island while I whipped our favorite Hot Chocolate with lots of Milk and Marshmallows.

 

She leaned on the counter and rested her chin on her palm while watching me do the drink. Krys is also turning 44 next month but both of us look younger than our age. A lot of people mistaken her as Bo Na’s eldest sister when in fact she’s her Mother!

 

“Why are you so pretty huh…?” I snorted at what she said and make kissy kissy gestures on her.

 

“I’m always pretty~…” I playfully flipped my imaginary long hair acting like a diva making her laugh. Her laughter is always the best music I always want to hear.

 

I poured the hot liquid in the mugs then topped it with lots of marshmallows and some whipped cream before serving it to her. “For you my lovely Chef Krystal…”

 

“Thank you Ms. Liu~…” she reached for a kiss and our lips connected for a few seconds before breaking it, smiling like the crazy 18 year olds we were before.

 

I sat on the stool beside her and wrapped my left arm on her waist while she rested her head on my shoulder enjoying the delicious comfort of the Hot Cocoa we share. This is one of our habits that the kids came to love too.

 

“Am… I can’t believe we’ll be celebrating our 20 years in a couple of years…” Krys said while cupping the mug on her hands.

 

“We’re getting old… but you’re still hot… me I’m starting to have wrinkles.”

 

“Really?!” she looked up to me and narrowed her eyes studying my face. “Stupid… you don’t have any wrinkles! Me! I’m having wrinkles because of your kids!” she patted my cheeks giving me a teasing smile.

 

“Nooo! You still look like the 18 year old Krystal I met back in New York… beautiful, smart, bold, the perfect girl for me…” we grinned at each other and remembered the past that started it all.

 

“I love you Am… and you are still the sweetest and loving Amber I love. And you are not getting old! You are hotter than any oppas out there!”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yes! No doubt about that! Even Joey tells his friends that he got his handsome looks from his Appa. Our son is getting some attention and he doesn’t even care about it… looks like he’s a picky guy.”

 

“He’s too busy with school and the Swimming Team he doesn’t even go out and meet girls. That’s better than hear him one day and say, ‘Eomma… Appa… my girlfriend is pregnant.’ My God I can’t! I don’t want to be a Grandma in this early age!”

 

The twins will be turning 18 next year and it makes me nervous because that was the age their Mom and I met in New York and had ... XD

 

I can’t imagine my Bo Na meeting a guy and getting acquainted with him then he’ll try to get inside my daughter’s ! No! NEVER!

 

Krys gave me a side hug and a quick peck on my cheeks “You don’t want your twins to do things we did back then when we were 18 huh?” I pouted at her and she giggled so cutely I’m gonna die!

 

Who said Chef Krystal Jung is turning 44?! She’s actually a 44 year old hot Momma who loves giggling and sweet kisses. Having coffee date with our twins and the 2 Cookie monsters.

 

“NO!” I exclaimed. My precious Bo Na… T-T

 

She raised her right brow at me and chuckled amusely “Really?! Why?”

 

“I’m afraid… I’m afraid for them Krys…” I looked back at her and sighed “But I gues we have to let them go and explore the world, right?”

 

“Don’t worry about them Am… your twins are smart and intelligent. They know what they will do if in case they have the same situation as ours.” we smiled at each other and shared a sweet and long kiss.

 

Kissing her is addicting, the most delicious lips I will ever taste in our whole lifetime.

 

We broke the kiss and nuzzled each other giggling. I turned around to face her and took her hands wrapping it on my neck while we stare at each other with love in our eyes.

 

The only girl I will ever love and the Mother of my children, good hearted person and loyal friend.

 

“Amber Liu, you are the most kindhearted, responsible, and loving wife and I thank God for giving you to me. Meeting you 27 years ago is the best thing that happened in my life, I will never stop saying this to you…I Love You..” Ayieee~!!!! I can’t stop smiling like a lovestruck teenager on what my wife said.  

 

She gave me an Eskimo kiss and both of us smiled at each other feeling the unchanging love we have over the years we are together.

 

The clock in the living room chimed when the clock strikes 12. We were going to share a long passionate kiss when we suddenly heard the kids shouting.

 

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY APPA!!!!!!!!!”

 

The kids started to come out where they are hiding. Joey has Se Na beside him holding a banner and balloons while Bo Na is carrying our little Adrian with a milk bottle in his mouth wearing his llama decorated pajamas. All 4 of them were already in their pajamas but still managed to wait and surprise me.

 

How blessed I am to have these children! I thank God everyday for giving us these kids who grew up to be nice, loving and respectful.

 

They all came to me and wrapped their arms on me and Krys singing in an off beat tune of Happy Birthday. After the singing, we all broke our hug and Adrian reached for me to carry him and wrapped his arms on my neck smiling with a bottle hanging from his mouth.

 

“Adrian… why are you biting the rubber of your bottle? Come on baby give the bottle to Noona..” He let go of the bottle and smiled cheekily at his Bo Na noona. Se Na sat in Krystal’s lap and smiled at me too giving me a wink.

 

“Appa… Happy 44th birthday!” Bo Na exclaimed and gave me a peck on my cheeks and a tight hug. My Bo Na is growing up to be a beauty like her Eomma… sigh.

 

“Your Appa still look so young isn’t she?” Krys said and smiled at me wriggling her eyebrows playfully. I laughed softly at her and pinched my Bo Na’s cheeks tthen ruffled her pretty hair.

 

“My classmates thought Appa is our older sibling just like when they see you Eomma. Tell me, did the two of you found the Fountain of Youth?” Joey flicked her twin sister’s forehead while laughing.

 

“Bo Na! There’s no such thing as Fountain of Youth! Eomma and Appa are really just fit and healthy that’s why.” he turned to me and saluted “Happy Birthday Appa! May we spend your birthday until you're 100 years old and more!” he gave me a hug and placed a kiss on my cheeks then went to his Eomma’s side and hugged her too.

 

“Appa! Happy Birthday Saranghae!~” Awww~… my little Se Na greeted me making a finger heart and reached for a kiss on my forehead.

 

“I didn’t know all 4 of you are still awake!” Joey grinned cutely at what Krys said and answered his Mother.

 

“We want to welcome Appa’s birthday that’s why we all went down here Eomma. I know Appa already arrived earlier because I heard the engine of her car that’s why we waited a little while before getting down here in the kitchen Eomma.”

 

Se Na raised her hands like a good kid and said “I told Oppa and Unnie to wait because I know you and Eomma will be kissing here in the kitchen..”

 

My eyes went wide and laughed unbelievably at what my Se Na said. She really is one good spy…

 

Our kids started to talk one after the other telling me they want to have a picnic tomorrow and fishing plus camping. Adrian yelled saying he wants to go to the amusement park while Se Na countered him saying she wants to go camping. Bo Na was chattering away telling me that we should go to Hamptons for a week before school starts while Joey said he prefers going home to Busan. Krys and I were just looking at each other with amuse smile on our faces while the 4 of them bicker.

 

In any lifetime I wouldn’t exchange them for anything. Ever.

 

Amidst all the chattering and laughter, my gaze landed on my beautiful wife who is also looking at me mouthing the words I always hear and feel from her “I love you...”

 

I leaned at her ears and whispered making her smile “I love you too Krys...”

 

She smiled at me and cupped my cheeks forgetting that our kids are around us still arguing on what to eat tomorrow and what to do.

 

“You may be 44 right now, but you’ll always be the 18 year old Amber Liu I met in New York who ran around the city with ketchup stains in her chin and gave me my first kiss. The 18 year old I fell in love with and searched for me in a span of 7 years just to continue where we left off.”

 

“Happy Birthday Amber… I love you…” she traced our symbol on my chest just above my heart and smiled lovingly at me.

 

“To infinity and beyond…”

 

 

There’s nothing else I can ask for.