Chapter 2

Roommates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa’s P.O.V.

 

Thump. Thump.

My head.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!

Hangover. I abruptly opened my eyes, the thumps in my head getting stronger and more painful. Then I sat up in my bed, trying to massage my temples to ease the pain, but I suddenly forgot about the pang in my head when I felt something—no—someone stir beside me.

Without noticing it, I was already staring at a beautiful peach-haired girl, a faint smile playing on her lips as she slept comfortably right beside me. No. She wasn’t just an ordinary girl… she was a princess.

I wanted to wake her up, millions of questions roaming my mind in a millisecond, but a part of me wanted to enjoy the sight and the moment that I just woke up beside a princess. And then another set of gajillion more questions flooded my mind when I asked myself why was I enjoying the moment staring at this gorgeous girl.

As I memorized each line of her face, her eyes slowly fluttered open, which made me yelp and fall down on the floor.

“Ow…! It hurts!” The throbbing pain in my head came haunting me again, and I felt the girl sit straight up in surprise.

“Omo, gwaenchanha?” she asked as she put her hand on in surprise.

“Wh-who are you?!” I demanded, my eyes bulging out wide.

She frowned. “No, who are you?”

I shook my head multiple times. “No. No, who are you?”

“Shouldn’t I be the one asking you that?” she said. “How did you end up sleeping next to me, and… and hugging me?”

I blushed beet red. I turned my face away sheepishly. God, I never felt so bashful and ashamed to anyone before. I had a high level of confidence and pride. I’m like… the most popular girl in school!

She cleared , sensing that what she just said was just… so… not right. 

I went up and sat on her bed again, looking everywhere else but her.

“Whatever. I mean, let’s forget about that part. What I meant to say is… is…” she trailed off, but the topic was leading her nowhere. She had to get straight to the point. Me waking up next to this princess was the real issue, but saying those words would make us feel very awkward.

But how… how did she… how did I…

And then memories started flashing back into my mind. Everything that had happened last night. All of it.

Without knowing it, tears were already streaming down my face. My head hurt a lot, but I couldn’t utter a single word. My heart broke into a million pieces.

Oh, no.

 

🖤💗 F   L   A   S   H   B   A   C   K 💗🖤

 

“Jagi-ya, I missed you.” I scooted in closer to him, attempting to lean my head on his broad shoulder, but he suddenly jerked and fished out his phone from his pocket in haste.

“Y-yeoboseyo?” he said, trying to avoid meeting my eyes. “Yeah, yeah.” He nodded, biting his lip. “Sure thing, man……… Ye……… Ye……… Arachi.” He laughed, which I could swear that it was fake. “Aniyo~ Hahahaha……… I’mma hung up now……… Annyeong.”

“So… where do you wanna eat dinner tonight? Barbecue? One of those famous grills here in Seoul? Thai cuisine? Or that restaurant where they serve the best bibimbap and gamjatang?—our favorite!” I asked, smiling.

Jungkook scratched his nape, looking a little bit antsy. “Uh, Lisa-ah… I’m afraid I can’t take you out tonight. I’ll drive you to the school.”

My smile started curving downwards in disappointment. “What? Waeyo? Where are you going?”

“I, uh… to a family dinner, yeah… It’s gonna be important, you see.”

Oh, God. I knew he was lying. When he talked to the phone, it was obvious that he was talking to one of his friends. And now, he’s going to a “family dinner”? Unbelievable.

I sat back in my seat quietly, looking out the window.

“Hey, hey… I’ll take you out tomorrow night, I promise, okay? Just… not this time.” He flashed me a smile. “You know that I can’t miss a single family dinner, right? They’re damn important.”

I feigned a sigh. “Uh, yeah, sure. Just drop me by the school. I’m a bit fatigued from the trip so I need to take a rest.”

“Thanks, babe.”

A couple of moments later, he dropped me by the school entrance with my luggage and everything. I placed my stuff at the corner of the school lobby and asked one of the security guards on night shift to guard them for me. Then I went to the lonely football field and sat in the middle of the grassy field, cherishing the cold night breeze blowing on my face and the bright stars up in the sky. I wondered how I could still see a lot of stars even if light pollution was a problem nowadays.

As I sat there, I kept on thinking if my boyfriend had been lying.

 

🖤💗🖤💗🖤💗🖤

 

Two hours had already passed, and I already came up with a decision. I dialed one of Jungkook’s friends, the one whom I trusted the most, Kim Taehyung. After several rings, he picked up.

“LISA-AH!!” he greeted me cheerfully. In the background, there was booming music—like the one in a club—and noisy cheering everywhere. Also, Tae-Tae sounded drunk. “YEA, I’M TIPSY!!”

“Taehyung-oppa, have you seen my boyfriend?” I asked.

“WHAT? *hiccup* I CAN’T HEAR YOU ALL THE WAY FROM HEAVEN, NALALISA~~~!!” he said loudly because of the noisy partygoers.

“TAEHYUNG-AH, WHERE’S MY BOYFRIEND?” I demanded loudly. “ALSO, YOU’RE DRUNK. GO HOME!”

“*hiccup* OH, YOU MEAN CHIM? HE’S BUSY WITH HIS PHONE, PROBABLY STALKING HIS NEW CRUSH FROM SCHOOL. THAT… THAT NEW STUDENT FROM AUSTRALIA WHO HAD A DAMN GOOD AUSTRALIAN ACCENT, I THINK?”

I scowled. “ANIYO! I MEAN JUNGKOOKIE. JEON JUNGKOOK.”

“AHH!! NE, NE, I REMEMBER. HE’S HERE WITH ME, CHILLIN’ WITH SOME HOTTIES IN THE VIP BOX,” he answered, which made the veins in my head pop.

“AISH… JINJJA! WHERE ARE YOU?!” I demanded.

“ON THE DANCE FLOOR

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter