Chapter 1

Chocolatier

Chocolatier,

You sweet me,

It’s like art to make.

Chapter 1:

Jongdae looked through the big window into the empty room.
He nodded and turned to the estate agent.
“I’ll take it! It looks beautiful! The scenery is great around here, it will be very cosy!” Jongdae smiled happily.
The estate agent nodded as well and stared at Jongdae for a second.
“So, Mister, shall we talk about your payment?” the young agent looked annoyed with the happy blonde man.
“Ah, yes! Thank you very much,” Jongdae glanced at the name tag of the agent, “Mister Oh Sehun! Let’s talk business.”

With a sigh, Jongdae plopped down on his sofa. He closed his eyes and relaxed himself a little.
After a few moments in silence, just listening to himself breathe, he got up and went to his fridge.
“Hey, you already back?” his roommate Yixing, a sleepy guy with a lot of love in his heart, came into the kitchen and grabbed an apple.
“Yes, I bought the apartment I looked at today! It looks very nice and the estate agent was very nice too!” Yixing nodded and took a bite of his apple.
“What have you done today, Yixing?” Jongdae asked him with his signature smile.
Yixing shrugged.
“Not much, really. I just played some online games and talked to our new neighbour.”
Jongdae cocked his head with curiosity.
“A new neighbour?” he asked with a raised eyebrow.
Yixing nodded, taking another bite.
Jongdae sighed.
“Can you tell me anything about him? His name? What does he look like?” he knew how forgetful and dreamy his roommate was.
“Oh, yeah. I think his name was like Minsoo? I can’t remember. Maybe it was Minjoo? Or Minseok?”, Yixing kept mumbling names to himself. Jongdae sighed again.
“I’ll take a look and visit him, okay? You take care of yourself in here. Have you eaten yet? Drink something!” Jongdae said while leaving their flat and walking next door.
“Kim Minseok? That must be it.” He said to himself and rang the bell.
After a few moments of waiting, the door flew open and a young man with black, curly hair stood before Jongdae.
Jongdae flashed him an unsure smile and bowed.
“Hello! My name is Kim Jongdae! We are neighbours!” Jongdae gulped, Minseok’s facial expression hadn’t changed a bit.
Then he gave a brief nod.
“Nice to meet you. I’m Kim Minseok, and I think I talked to your roommate earlier.” A smile crept onto his face and Jongdae let out a sigh of relief.
“Yes, Yixing is a very nice friend, even though he doesn’t pay attention to things sometimes.”
Minseok nodded again and looked behind him, into his flat.
“Now, if you’ll excuse me, we can chat some other time, I still have to unpack some things.” Minseok rubbed his temple.
“Oh, I can help you, if you want me to!” Jongdae exclaimed happily.
Minseok raised an eyebrow.
“If it isn’t too much trouble for you, please come in.” he stepped away from the door and gestured for Jongdae to come in.

“Aah~ finally done!” Minseok threw himself on his couch, Jongdae plopping down next to him.
“We did a great job! I really like how you put all of this together, Hyung!”, Jongdae smiled brightly.
“Thanks, dude. And thank you for your help. I’ll treat you tomorrow. There is this new Café in town, which is supposed to have some great food. And a friend of mine works there.” Minseok ran a hand through his dark curls.
Jongdae’s eyes lit up and he nodded in excitement.
“Thank you so much, Hyung!” he glanced at his wristwatch and jumped a little.
“Oh, I should get back and check on Yixing. See you tomorrow Hyung!” Jongdae bowed and rushed out of the flat.
At the door, he fumbled with his keys, not noticing how the door opened in front of him.
“Oh, you’re still awake?” he asked Yixing and entered their shared flat.
“Yeah, I practiced my dancing a bit. What were you up to?” Yixing asked, watching Jongdae’s every step as he rid himself of his clothes and changed into his pyjamas.
“I helped the new neighbour with unpacking. He is very nice, even though he looks a little scary at first.” Jongdae slipped into his bed and snuggled himself under the covers. Yixing stood at the door to his bedroom and nodded to himself.
“Good night, hyung.” Jongdae said to Yixing and turned off the lamp on his nightstand, putting the room in complete darkness, except for the small shimmer of light shining through the door, which Yixing had just closed.

“Chennie, wake up. Neighbour is waiting for you.” Yixing gently shook Jongdae’s shoulders, waking him up.
“What? Am I late?”, Jongdae threw a confused glance at his clock.
“No, he just arrived unannounced.”, Yixing shrugged and left the room.
With a sigh, Jongdae got out of bed and quickly changed into some comfortable street wear.
“Are you ready? We can have breakfast now.”, Minseok sat on their couch in the living room, wearing a black leather jacket and overall a black outfit. His black hair was styled back.
Jongdae raised an eyebrow.
“It’s 9 am, couldn’t you have told me about the time yesterday?”
Minseok shrugged and stood up from the couch.
“I’m a spontaneous person. Come on, let’s go. Your roommate can come too, if he wants.” Minseok added as he left the flat and waited outside.
“Do you want to come with us?” Jongdae asked Yixing, but he shook his head.
“I’ll meet with a friend later, you go and have breakfast with Neighbour.”
Jongdae nodded and left the flat, grabbing his keys from the rack.
“Is he not coming?” Minseok asked him as they went outside and to Minseok’s car.
“No, he meets with a friend later.”
“Okay then, let’s go.”

“Wow, this place looks nice!” Jongdae exclaimed at the sight of the small café.
Minseok grinned as they entered it and he waved at the cashier.
“Go sit down somewhere, I’ll order something.” He said to Jongdae and walked over to the cashier.
Jongdae sat down at a table near the entrance and stared in wonder at the decorations.
His gaze wandered over to the cashier. He was a young man with soft looking black hair and relatively dark skin, compared to Minseok. He seemed very friendly, from all Jongdae could tell.
Minseok came back and sat across from Jongdae, taking off his jacket and hanging it over his chair.
“So, do you have a girlfriend?”, Minseok asked with a grin.
Jongdae, completely thrown off by the sudden question, stuttered “N-no, I don’t. Why do you ask so suddenly?”
Minseok shrugged.
“Just curious.”
They chatted about some things for a while, and their orders arrived in no time.
“Here you go.”, The cashier from before brought their orders to their table and Jongdae could take a look at his name tag.
“Thank you, Jongin.”, said guy smiled brightly and walked back to the checkout after bowing.
“Do you have a job?” Minseok continued their conversation.
Jongdae took a sip of his coffee and determined, that it was very good.
“Well, I bought an apartment yesterday. I plan on opening a bakery. I hope it will work out the way I want it to.”
Minseok leaned back in his chair and seemed to think about something.
“If you need some people to work with, I know a guy. He’s currently looking for a job.” He stared out the window.
“Oh, that’s a nice offer, but I’ll have to furnish it first and get started and everything. But I’ll come back to it.”
“I know some people who could help you with that. I could help too, since you helped me yesterday. So we’re even.” Minseok said, taking a sip of his drink.
Jongdae nodded.
“Thank you very much! Here’s the address.” Jongdae wrote it down on a napkin.
“We’ll meet there tomorrow, then? Let’s say, 1 pm?” Minseok asked.
Jongdae nodded, smiling happily.

As Jongdae opened the door to his dorm, he heard laughter from Yixing’s room. He quietly closed the door and sneaked to his room.
“I still don’t know how to do it. Why is this so difficult?” he heard an unfamiliar voice say.
“Yixing?” Jongdae said as he opened the door to his room.
“Hello Jongdae. This is my friend, Baekhyun. Baek, this is my roommate, Jongdae.” Yixing was sitting on the floor and looking at some books.
“Hello!” Baekhyun got up from the floor and bowed before Jongdae. He had black hair with red streaks and was wearing glasses.
“Hello.”, Jongdae seemed a little confused.
“He’s a college student and I’m helping him with some of his homework.” Yixing explained.
Jongdae nodded and smiled at Baekhyun.
“I’ll be in the kitchen if you need me.” He left Yixing’s room.
Jongdae was a bit exhausted, so he decided to go to sleep early this day, since he had planned on starting with the bakery tomorrow.
He didn’t know how fateful the day would be for him.