Chapter Fourteen

Unexplainable: Season I

After being stuffed with the delicious food, Hana and her parents sat down at the table eating some multiple colored songpyeon with a cup of tea. She picks up the light purple crescent rice cake; tearing it apart piece by piece, “Umma, appa?” Hana drops the torn dessert down and looks up glancing at her parents. “What am I suppose to do?”

A hand reached over to her hand, her mother comforts her youngest daughter. “What is the best for you and Junghee is to be there for her.” The head of the family agrees along his wife’s advice.

“But unnie says-“ The girl was cut by her father, lastly finding his words to help his daughter.

“Even she said to stay.  When someone is down and they articulate they’re fine, it probably indicates that they are not really fine.” Hana smiled at her father’s wise words.

“Junghee isn’t just a member, she’s also part of you three’s family. Our family.” The mother continues to give more advice.  “As a mother it’s extremely hard to not to see her child, but it’s still worse when her child is suffering by herself. Since her family is far away, imagine how she feels.”

“Your mother and I are very happy that you came home for several days, it’s alright for you to go. It doesn’t mean this is the last time we’ll see our little girl.” Hana’s father cups his wrinkled hands onto her cheeks and kisses her forehead. “I’ll drive you to the train station.”

Hana takes the stairs towards her old bedroom, smashing her belongings back into the dark-gray luggage.  A few minutes afterwards, she’s all ready to head out of the door, standing near her parents, she runs into her mom’s warm arms to say goodbye before leaving the house.

“Here’s some of the leftovers and desserts. Eat it with the members.” She pokes her daughter’s nose, “And remember to share.” Hana giggles as she grabs the bag of containers of food.  “You took that from your dad, he can be food hoarder.”

“Hey!” He lets out a shout.  Hana hugs her mother one more time, she walked out of the cozy house to the frigid weather outside.

“See you soon.”

“Drive safely, honey.” He kisses his wife gently.

While on the way to the train station, Hana texts the maknae line, ringing up the team.

 

image   image

image