pororo

pororo
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N Okay I'm really dumb, I thought the story had been posted since yesterday but I realized I had the chapter still hidden omg!! anyway please enjoy reading ^^;;;

---

Taekwoon takes the test after his sister suggests it to him. For six weeks now he's been nauseous, constantly sick in the mornings and sometimes throughout the rest of the day too. The smell of most foods made his stomach lurch but oddly enough he was still intensely hungry and ate more than usual. He noticed the very very slight bloat to his stomach, but just brushed it off as weight gain from the amount of food he's eating.

He complained to his oldest sister one day over the phone after she asked how he was doing lately. She was uncharacteristically quiet for a moment before carefully saying, "Taekwoon? I don't want to scare you but that's all classic symptoms of pregnancy."

What does she know anyway? Yes, she has two kids of her own so she does have more knowledge on pregnancy than Taekwoon does but still. There's no way he's pregnant.

There's no way. He internally repeats to himself as he stands in line at the corner store, a pregnancy test in his shaking hand. She had urged him to get a test or go to the doctor, so he listened to her just to put her mind at ease, because he himself is certain that he isn't.

The cashier gives him a concerned look as he passes the test over. He's dressed in an oversized black hoodie, in the middle of summer, hood thrown over his head along with a face mask so he would be unrecognizable. He doesn't want to run into anyone he knows with a pregnancy test in hand. It probably looks suspicious to the cashier though.

Taekwoon makes it home safe. He knows Hakyeon is still at work and won't be home until this evening. He still locks the door to the bathroom for extra security before sitting down and doing his business. The box says that it takes two to three minutes for the results to show up. It's the longest two minutes of his life. He paces around the kitchen, stress eating and shoving pretzels into his mouth right from the bag.

He doesn't know how he feels when the plus sign comes up onto the tiny screen on the stick. He's surprised, but also not. He's devastated, but also feels something like joy. He loves children, he works at a daycare, and he is constantly babysitting for his sisters. But he's in his mid twenties. He wasn't planning on adopting kids for at least eight or so more years. Hakyeon had made it clear that he didn't want any until they were more secure financially and emotionally. There's also the being trans thing. Taekwoon had worked hard to be recognized as a man. Would this harm everyone's perception of him?

Taekwoon tells Hakyeon as soon as he gets home from work. He hands him the test wordlessly, his hands still shaking after all this time, and watches as Hakyeon's eyes widen with disbelief.

"Are you sure this test is accurate?" he asks, turning it around in his hand and examining it like he's trying to find an error on it.

Taekwoon sniffs. "I bought the most expensive one, so I guess."

Hakyeon tosses it into the trash. "We can't trust it. I think a doctor should confirm."

"And what if he says it's true?" Taekwoon's voice is thick with tears.

Hakyeon's expression softens and he pulls Taekwoon into a hug, his hands combing through Taekwoon's hair as he cries into his shoulder. "If it's true," he says, "then I guess we're going to be parents."

"What if people forget I'm a man?"

"I won't let them," Hakyeon firmly says. "I promise."

It's not really a surprise when the doctor says it's true. He tells Taekwoon he's eight weeks along and is healthy so far. He refers him to an obstretician, one who has dealt with trans pregnancy before, and gives him some vitamins to take. Taekwoon can't believe he and Hakyeon are actually having a child. He still has plenty of worries but he doesn't cry anymore.

The two of them decides to keep it a secret for as long as they can. Once Taekwoon begins showing and questions are asked, they'll announce it. He's so nervous about what their families and friends are going to think of him. He can already hear his father's voice saying something like, "Why are you pregnant? I thought you wanted to be a boy." He can already feel the stares of strangers looking at him and his bump whenever he goes out in public. He's good at "passing" 100% as a man, and most people don't question him but once the baby is noticeable it'll be different. He thinks all of this is what scares him the most.

Hakyeon makes sure to soothe his worries. "You're the most handsome man and an amazing boyfriend, and always will be, being pregnant doesn't change that at all," he reassures. "You'll be the best father." It works for now, Taekwoon can already feel his anxieties going away and he thanks Hakyeon with a kiss.

For the next few weeks Taekwoon spends his free time on the internet in forums and facebook groups for trans fathers. There's more out there than he thought and it makes him feel less alone. He's grateful for all of their info and advice, because it's male centric. All other sources for pregnancy tips caters to women and it's really invalidating to read. He doesn't think he would be able to do this without the other dads, and Hakyeon of course, who makes sure to refer to Taekwoon as a man more so than usual.

Working at the daycare is even more enjoyable now that Taekwoon knows soon he'll have a kid of his own running around. Everytime he reads to them, or sings, or rocks one of them to sleep, he finds himself wondering about his child. Will they be a boy or a girl? Will they have Hakyeon's beautiful tan skin? Taekwoon's chubby cheeks? Will they like sports, painting, music, science, or animals? All of the above? There's so many questions and Taekwoon can't wait to find out the answers to them.

He's anxious again at his first ultrasound. Hakyeon takes time off work to go with him. They sit in the waiting room, which is filled with mothers. They seem to give Taekwoon and Hakyeon curious looks, wondering why two men are here alone. Hakyeon can sense Taekwoon's tension at this and rubs reassuring circles on his back. "We get to see the baby for the first time soon," he reminds the other.

Taekwoon nods, trying to ease his mind. "I hope they're doing okay. I hope they're healthy.. I've made so many changes to my diet."

"I know, and I know how hard it was to give up your twelve cups of coffee a day," Hakyeon chuckles. "I'm sure they're fine."

Hakyeon was right. The baby is healthy so far and doing great. They're still a featureless blob on the ultrasound screen but Taekwoon still feels emotions swirling inside him, and quiet tears falling down his face. He notices that Hakyeon's eyes has turned a little wet too. There's still a smile on his face though as he watches the screen.

The appointment was encouraging. Later that night as they cuddle in bed together, Taekwoon asks if they should announce it earlier than they had planned. "I'm already over twelve weeks, I'll be noticeable soon," he says. "And I'm actually a little excited to tell everyone."

Hakyeon isn't as enthusiastic. "It's up to you," he tells him, "but maybe waiting is a good idea? So you're prepared for whatever response we get."

Taekwoon frowns. Hakyeon's right again, but he still feels like telling someone. It's been hard to keep such a big secret. "Okay, but how about we tell our parents first? Then announce to everyone else when we're ready."

Hakyeon agrees. They make arrangements to go to each of their parents' house this weekend when they're both free. Taekwoon's parents should be a bit easier. His mother has been supportive of his transition, his father is too but is still confused about a lot of it. It's Hakyeon's parents that will be tough. They're not happy about their son dating a man, and not even a "real" one at that. Their words. It's why Taekwoon avoids them as much as he can.

They decide to get them out of the way first. Taekwoon is shaking once again as they arrive at their house. "If they say anything, we'll just leave. I promise," Hakyeon says.

They're silent when Hakyeon announces, "We're having a baby." Taekwoon can see his father shooting judgemental glances at his stomach and he brings a protective hand over it as to shield the baby from his stares.

"I'm twelve weeks," he says. "They're healthy and growing normally." Hakyeon pats him on the knee for getting the courage to speak to them.

Finally Hakyeon's mother says, "Well.. congratulations." It sounds somewhat sincere. Taekwoon exhales, it didn't go as bad as he thought it would. She even gives him a hug as they leave and mentions going through storage and finding some of Hakyeon's old baby clothes to give them.

Telling his own parents is easy after that. His mother cries with joy and seems genuinely excited, his father is less enthusiatic and says, "I thought you wanted to be a boy." Just like Taekwoon predicted. Bless Hakyeon for stepping in and gently but firmly explaining that Taekwoon is still a man and being pregnant doesn't change that. His father seems to be a little accepting after that and gives him a pat on the back.

More weeks fly by. Taekwoon's nausea goes away and his appetite grows. His obstretician says its okay to indulge some so that's exactly what he does. He's always loved food even before pregnancy but this is something else, he dips apple slices in ice cream and pours chocolate sauce on popcorn. Hakyeon watches his strange eating habits with a mix of disgust and admiration.

Taekwoon starts feeling really fatigued too. He sleeps a full eight hours or more but still wakes up tired. The daycare drains all of his energy, as soon as he gets home he just curls up on the couch and falls asleep. He orders delivery food several times since he's too tired to cook. His back hurts too as he gains more weight, and there's frequent bathroom trips. The physical changes to his body is the toughest. It makes him feel very... not man like. Even Hakyeon's words does nothing to soothe him.

People are starting to notice something is up too. They went out to dinner with Wonsik and Jaehwan, who raised eyebrows when Taekwoon ordered a water instead of a wine like everyone else. There was slight questioning but they dodged them. At daycare, a little girl climbed into Taekwoon's lap and asked why his tummy is hard. It's true, his stomach has rounded out slightly, still hidden under baggy sweaters, and is firm. Taekwoon was surprised that even a three year old could notice the changes.

He knows they can't hide for much longer. His stomach is growing everyday and he's now reaching sixteen weeks, and the halfway mark of twenty weeks is nearing. Taekwoon can't believe that he's almost halfway done already.

Hakyeon is still as supportive as ever. He checked out a stack of library books on pregnancy and parenting and is reading through them religiously. He comes to Taekwoon and says things like, "Did you know babies can cry in the womb?" It's cute that he finds these things exciting.

They decide to announce it on the day Taekwoon turns sixteen weeks. They take a picture of the ultrasound and upload it to social media. Almost immediately they get tons of notifications from their family and friends. Taekwoon's sister writes, "I knew it!" and Wonsik and Jaehwan playfully argues against Hongbin and Sanghyuk on which couple will be the godparents. Taekwoon is grateful that there's no negative comments but is still overwhelmed by the attention. He lays back on the bed and takes a deep breath.

Hakyeon lays with him, settling his hand on the  small baby bump. "I told you everyone would be excited."

Taekwoon nods. "I still have to tell my job though."

"They'll be accepting, they always have."

That's true. He has no reason to worry, their family and friends are happy for them, but he still has the feeling of anxiety in him. He's not sure why it's there. There's tears in his eyes again that Hakyeon wipes

Please log in to read the full chapter