fin

No Reason

It was like the other tough day he passed. Nonetheless, he kept facing it with a straight face. No, it was only an ordinary habit from Vernon. Yes, Choi Vernon. A student from the faculty of Philosophy which was famous for being alone, having a small circle of friend and a boyfriend of the top student in the faculty of Performing Arts. People who knew him, questioned his existence and his survival practice to encounter a formidable life. Perhaps it was just because of his friend’s moral support or the existence of his boyfriend. 

But for the boyfriend, every question from people, it was simply thanks to Vernon’s way of thinking. 

Just like today. Vernon walked straight to another building inside his campus after he finished his class schedule. Passing one by one, student by student from the same alma-mater he only paid a smile towards him as he headed to his boyfriend right now. 

He let out a groan when he saw his boyfriend singing aloud. 

“Boo~” he chanted. The blond man instantly halted from singing, directly turning his head to one side, beaming brightly as he saw Vernon. 

“Puppy~” he chanted back. Tossing himself into Vernon’s embrace, they simply showed off their affection in front of the public. Seungkwan ruffled Vernon’s hair while keeping his smile wide on his face. “I miss you.” 

Vernon chuckled. “I miss you too, my Boo.” 

Seungkwan pinched the inner arm of Vernon, hit him slightly before they broke the hug. “I have to continue, my petite leader is gonna kill me if I don’t practice regularly.” 

“I shall have brought my cousin to shut him off.” 

Seungkwan smirked. “That’s a smart way of yours. You should’ve done it, babe.” Vernon shooed him, giggling along owing to their idea. Seungkwan had gone back to his team, going on singing his voice loud while his boyfriend found a seat to wait for him. 

Vernon took one of his textbooks and opened another chapter. He read it thoroughly. 

one hour had passed… 

And the latter had paid any heeds to time. He was engrossed into his textbook while listening to his playlist. It was not like he disliked hearing his boyfriend’s voice. Just — he had a playlist to pay accompany while taking the serious task. Besides, Seungkwan was in practice mode. 

two hours had passed…

And Vernon still lingered on the same spot. Seungkwan had finished his practice and hurried himself to approach his boyfriend. 

“Done?” The latter nodded. Vernon got up from his seat, slung the bag over his shoulder as he slid his hand to interdigitate with Seungkwan’s finger. They walked out from the building. 

“How’s your class, puppy?” 

Vernon gave a resigned shrug. “Nothing special, just discuss here and there. That's all and I had a paper for my assignment.” 

“When the deadline?” 

“Next week. Don’t mind it.” Seungkwan hummed. 

“Vernon?” The man leaned his head against the shorter’s as they walked. He gave no response. 

“People asked something about you. About us, particularly.” 

“What did they ask?” 

“Well — why I chose you, you could’ve deserved better than me, also why you make use of me. Out of the questions, they sent to me, I wonder about…you could’ve gotten someone better than me, Vernon.” 

The taller man stopped their track, pulling him to appear before him, right putting their eyes to each other. “Do you want a break up with me? Do you want to see me with anyone else, showing affection to them like I do with you?” 

Seungkwan pouted, eyes on the land where their feet touching each another. He looked sullen to find out that imagine. He knew Vernon was asking those question to him, but he imagined if that happened, he could never imagine how to breathe without Vernon by his side. It was terrible to visualise. 

“So, don’t think about that comment. They go away whenever they want. They can comment whatever they want but in, this relationship, it is about us. We are having it without anyone’s interruption. Unless they are our parents. That’s all,” he deadpanned, chuckling at the end of his words. He acknowledged that he was angry to hear it. Nevertheless, he could not help it either. 

Neither they could do nor complain. People would always compliment or fuss regarding their status no matter what. Vernon knew it very well — or called it he recognised that people’s habit nowadays to meddle in someone’s business which not theirs. 

“Seungkwan,” Vernon lifted up his boyfriend’s chin. Eyes made an effort to get Seungkwan’s response, but the latter seemed held back to do so. 

Vernon smiled. Hand leisurely moved on its own to Seungkwan’s neck, tugged it gently as Vernon planted a chaste kiss on his forehead. “I’m not mad at you, boo, I’m mad at them who made you sad like this. You have no right to think negatively of something that will affect your mind. You need to hear sweet things.” 

Seungkwan hummed reluctantly. 

“Hey, babe, you are beautiful and I don’t want something bad ruining this pretty face,” he patted his cheek gently. 

“But-”

“I choose you because I love you, just like you choose me because you love me. No need to hear any specific reason because loving you is hard to explain. No words can describe how much I love you. You feel like Heaven’s match for me. Note that,” he commanded. He planted another kiss on Seungkwan’s crown. He wanted to get rid of any negative thoughts from his boyfriend. He never wanted to hurt his beautiful heart of people’s comments. 

“And I never want to get you for granted.” 

Finally, Seungkwan twitched the corner of his lips upwards, made it into a crescent-moon shape. “That’s my love.” Vernon praised him, taking him into a warm hug. He rubbed the smaller’s back. He was relieved to get his boyfriend happy again after a slight storm attacked them. 

“Although many people said, I should’ve gotten a better person than you, I will always opt to be a partner of my life.” 

“Thanks, babe,” Seungkwan muttered, “you’re all the best I ever have in this world, besides my family.” 

Vernon put another chaste kiss on Seungkwan’s temple, then they continued to go home before it was too late. 

END 


Author’s Note :

I have done short romance for JunHao and Meanie. Now I write it for Verkwan shipper. Hope you’ll like it and please drop some comments below. If you have checked on my writings for JunHao and Meanie, please drop some comments too there. I appreciate your feedback. Thank you.