Mark and his Sun

Here Comes the Sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Waaaaaah! It's the ocean!!!" 

 

The Dream members just arrived at the beach where they are gonna do their photoshoot for their new album, We Young. 
Jeno, Renjun, Chenle and Jisung were so excited that the moment they stepped out of their van, they came running towards the ocean like there was a magnetic force pulling them towards it. Their excitement was best represented by Chenle, who was running and screaming towards the ocean like a dolphin who was away from home for a very long time, dragging an awed Jisung with him as he never let go of their hands.

On the other hand, Haechan and Mark was just standing near the van watching them. At some part of Haechan, he wanted to run with the rest of the members and throw sand at them, then cackle evily. 
But he restrained himself because he just can't leave Mark alone. Not at this moment. It was near noon and the sunlight was so strong that Mark was having trouble opening his eyes.

 

"Hyung, gwenchana?" He asked Mark. The older just replied with an awkward eyesmile. 


"Okay, it was stupid for me to ask. You look awful." Mark's eyesmile turned into a poker face because of the remark, and just slapped Haechan's shoulder in reply.

 

"Arwi Hyung, do you have a pair of sunglasses with you?"

 

"What are going to do with a pair of sunglasses, Haechan-ah?"

 

"Maybe, I'm going to eat it, Hyung. It was a long ride going here. My stomach is screaming." Haechan replied, pretending to rub his stomach in pain.

 

Now, it was Manager Arwi's turn to make a poker face and Haechan gained a laugh and another slap in the shoulder from Mark because of the sarcasm.

 

"Just kidding, Hyung. -peace sign plus force eyesmile- Mark Hyung needs it to survive this shoot, he can't even open his eyes, see? We can't let his face be this awful in our album, right? That would make it We Old, instead of We Young already. "

 

Haechan gained his third slap on the shoulder from Mark. 

 

"Please, Hyung. I just can't" Mark managed to say.

 

"Okay don't worry. I'll ask the stylists to provide sunglasses for all of you to be fair. I think Chenle also needs it. He has been stumbling on the sand as he run a while ago and I wonder if he's okay. I can never tell because that boy is just always smiling, you know. Now go find yourselves some shade first."

 

Mark just sighed, as Manager Arwi ran towards the crew who were setting up nearby.

 

The younger wrapped his arm around Mark's shoulder while the older's hand automatically held on to the younger's waist.They started to walk towards the hammock under the palm tree nearby which the staff just finished putting up. Haechan guided Mark in every step.

 

"I was expecting that you'd be the first one to run towards the ocean, you know. You've been talking all night on how your are so excited that we are shooting on a beach because it reminds you of Jeju." Mark attempted to open his eyes to make eye contact with the person beside him, but it only made his eyes sting that tears started lidding in his eyes.

 

"And leave my boyfriend there alone like a lost puppy who can't find his way home under this scorching heat? Yeah I would really enjoy that." Haechan nagged, wiping Mark's eyes with his handkerchief.

 

"Oy. Someone might hear you." Mark pinched the younger's cheek.

 

"And why of all things, the thing you've really forgotten to bring is sunglasses? I already reminded you last night that there will be two suns present today, -points up and points to himself- so you really have to be ready." Haechan added, pouting in annoyance.

 

"Arasso. Arasso. I'm sorry." Mark just laughed at Haechan's cuteness, resisting the urge to kiss his lips shut because both of them are out in the open and it would really be dangerous if someone, aside from the NCT members who always knew, will find out the real score between him and Haechan.

 

"Ah molla, HYUNG. Just promise me you'll play with me in the water later, okay?" the younger lowered his guard down as they arrived by the hammock.

 

Haechan was startled when Mark suddenly kissed him on the cheek. "Of course! Sealed that for you." Mark winked at him and layed in the hammock, not leaving his stare from Haechan who was looking around to see if someone was watching, his cheeks and ears were already the same color with his hair.

 

"Yah! What if... That was... yah! Ah jinjjah what am I going to do with you, Lee Minhyung." 

 

"I was restraining myself a while ago, okay? It's your fault being too cute. I checked the surroundings first don't worry, babe. It was completely safe."


"Eyyyyy pabo." Haechan just sticked out his tongue and finally, ran towards the ocean to join the rest of the members, leaving Mark to rest in the hammock.

 

Mark just closed his strained eyes as he relax himself and enjoyed the smell of the ocean, the peaceful sound of the leaves of the palm tree, dancing in the wind and the sound of the Dream members' laughter from afar. He can distinctly tell each member's laughs and his favorite will always be Haechan's.

 

"Mark! We'll start in 10 minutes." He heard Manager Arwi said as he passed by. Mark sat up in the hammock and just watched the members play in the sand. He reached for his phone in his pocket, put on his earphones and decided to spend the remaining time to listen to some of their songs in the album. He pressed shuffle and the song La la la love played. 

 

Perfect!

 

The song was a perfect background music as he watched Haechan laughing his heart out at Renjun who stumbled face flat on the sand. A very sim

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter