Final

Please Come Back

I met him under the cherry tree outside of campus. He sat there, back against the tree with a pencil in his mouth, staring out at the lake.

    “You look lost in thought.”

He turned his head to look at me and smiled softly, taking the pencil out his mouth.

    “Well, I’m just waiting for inspirations to come to me.”

He was an amazing artist but he always pushed himself to make sure no two pieces are the same.

    “Inspirations always come to you.” I smiled, sitting down next to him.

    “You’re right because it just sat next to me.” He blushed slightly.

The crimson tint on his cheeks which painted his pale skin just makes my heart burst.

    “Ah Yoongi, you’re not going to draw me again are you?” I teased.

He shut his book immediately and I swore I thought his bleached hair tinted red also. That’s why when he disappeared, I was devastated.

    “What do you mean you don’t know where he is?!”

    “The cameras weren’t able to identify the captor or the plate of the car.”

I was full of rage, shock but mostly sadness.

    “Please, you have to find him! He’s all I have!” I cried, tears running down my face.

I remember giving him a locket with our picture in it. My favorite picture of us. He had that stupid pencil, that I have safe in my room, in his mouth with a surprised expression. He told me to delete it but it was a masterpiece to me because he IS the masterpiece.

    “We’re doing everything we can.”

If you were, you would’ve already found him by now. But Why? Why did they have to take you away?! What do they want from you?!

    “Please come back.”

5 years later and there was still no sign, no lead, no nothing. The love of my life has completely disappeared without hope of saving him. My life has been void of happiness, no more smiles, no more cheerfulness, nothing. I never go to the tree anymore. It brings back too many painful memories of us. Too many things I can’t enjoy anymore.

    “It’s not fair.”

One day, I went back to the place where I graduated from and stared at the tree from a distance away. I no longer was the same.

    “Why did you have to go away like this? Why did they take you from me?!” I paused to bite my lip, “Why couldn’t I save you?!” All my anger turned to myself. It’s my fault I wasn’t with him. If only I had walked him home, none of this would’ve happened! I stared at the cherry tree, something about it seemed to call me. I walked over while still self-loathing then I noticed the bleached hair.

    “Yoongi!!” I screamed.

I ran over and sure enough, I was correct. It was Yoongi, but not my Yoongi. He had bruises everywhere on his pretty face, his hair was matted, and the bright red spot in the middle of his shirt told me I didn’t have long.

    “Yoongi, baby. Look at me. It’s Hoseokie!” I took him in my arms.

His breath was warm but ragged. His eyes looked broken and defenseless, not filled with wonder like before.

    “Ho...bi.” Yoongi tried to smile.

I noticed the blood on his teeth and I just knew it was his.

    “Who did this to you?!” I wanted revenge, “I’m going to call an ambulance!”

He grabbed my phone and lowered my arm.

    “I want to be alone with you, not surrounded by people who can’t save my life.”

Tears started to form in my eyes as I watched him smile softly.

    “Yoongi no.” My tears started to fall.

    “Tell me the story about the turtle and horse.”

I shut my eyes and sniffed, the story about us.

    “Well….There was once a lonely turtle that was always stuck on projects that his teachers threatened to fail him…. I can’t do this.” I hiccuped.

    “Don’t stop.” He grabbed my hand and squeezed it slightly.

    “....T..Then a happy horse appeared in the lonely turtle's life and everything turned around. They planned on graduating college together and getting marr..married and adopting two little girls and name them… Yoonji and Hyoseok….. Then living happily ever after…. But this isn’t how I want this to end Yoongi!” I screamed.

    “This must be the test ending ever.” He chuckled before coughing.

    “You are my happy ending.” I sobbed.

    “And you are my inspiration..... I love you, Hoseok.”

I felt his hand go limp as I try to hold back my emotions. I failed, holding onto him so tight like his body would disappear.

    “YOONGI! NOOOO! PLEASE! NOT MY YOONGI!” I screamed, “ PL E Ase…. Please… come back.”

I met him under the cherry tree outside of campus. He sat there, back against the tree with a pencil in his mouth, staring out at the lake. He met me here under the cherry tree outside of campus. He laid there, his damaged body held gingerly in my arms, holding onto the locket I gave him as I said goodbye.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Now excuse me while I hide in a hole (/-\)