Yeri in the Know

LoveUP!

Wendy felt as though her stomach was attempting a gymnastics routine, flipping and flopping, threatening to jump up . She staff and video crew moved about, shifting cameras and checking light as they prepared the kitchen for filming. She paid them little mind, her eyes locked on Yeri as the young girl leaned against the counter, phone in hand. Every now and then Yeri would let out a little chuckle before typing something, probably a reply to one of her many idol friends.

Wendy jumped as she felt a small hand fall on her lower back, fingers curling to gently tug at her top. Eyes wide, she whirled her head to find Irene next to her, the small woman's red lips drawn into a beatific smile. She felt her worry wash away, forgetting the fear of talking with Yeri that had been overwhelming her most of the morning. She smiled in reply, her eyes turning soft as she gazed into those of her girlfriend.

"Now is a good time, don't you think?" Irene's words were a gentle prod, her eyes flicking towards Yeri. Wendy drew in a long breath, tightened her lips and nodded. They stood there, Wendy unmoving for 10 seconds while Irene looked at her expectantly.

"Oh," Wendy said, "I should probably go over there, right?"  She stood still, wanting to will her feet to move but every fiber of her being refused to budge. From the corner of her vision she saw Irene roll her eyes before dropping her hand to give Wendy's bottom a quick pat. 

"I'll bring her over here instead," Irene said. Before Wendy could respond, the small girl quickly strode across the large kitchen. Wendy watched as Irene leaned in and whispered quickly to Yeri, the younger girls’ eyes scrunching, confused, before nodding. With a gracious grin, Irene took Yeri by the hand and all but dragged her to Wendy. Once they got close, Irene grabbed Yeri by the shoulders and planted her, firmly, in front of Wendy.
"Okay, Wendy-ah. Here she is!"
Wendy stared at Irene in shock, wondering where this forthright demeanor came from. Irene had always been their leader and would take charge but never quite like this, so forceful. Yet she liked it, almost more than she was willing to admit. A quick poke at her belly by Irene snapped her back to her sense.

"Tell me something?  What's going on?" Yeri looked between the pair, confused. "I'm not in trouble for teasing you or kicking you out of the room, am I?" 

Wendy shook her head quickly, "No!  Not at all! In fact, I'm glad you didn't let me be your roommate! It gave me time to talk with Joo-hyun-ah about some stuff." Yeri's eyes went wide at the familiar way Wendy address Irene.

"Joo-hyun-ah?  Wah, Wendy!" Yeri looked at Irene and pointed at Wendy, "Did you give her permission to call you that?"

Irene's face turned bashful as she nodded, her eyes big and filled with love as she looked over at Wendy, "I sure did. I had to! Go ahead and tell her why, Wendy-ah." She batted her lashed at Wendy, causing her to get flustered. 

"Well.. uhhhh... you see.  Here's the thing! Something happened the other night, right?  Something good, I promise!" Wendy could see Yeri rolling her eyes as she stammered, rambling on without ever getting to the point. Pausing a moment, she drew in a deep breath, counted to three and let everything go with a loud exhale.

"Joo-hyun-ah and I are dating."

The air hung still for a moment, Yeri simply blinking in response. Irene merely grinned like a child who got the last cookie and Wendy cringed, eyes averted, afraid of what Yeri's response would be.  Finally the younger girl spoke, her voice surprisingly calm and even.

"Dating. As in girlfriend girlfriend?"

Wendy and Irene both nodded in unison.

"Not like two girls practicing kissing with each other like Saeron and I do?"

Wendy and Irene both shook their heads before letting out a simultaneous, "Whaaaaaa?" A loud, barking laugh escaped Yeri's lips as she watched both girls process what she said, their faces contorted in shock.

"You what!?" Irene gasped but Yeri held up a hand to cut her off short.

"Let's stay on topic about you two!  So, dating as in girlfriend and girlfriend?" She narrowed her eyes, her lips twitching upwards as she waited for a response. Wendy nodded slowly.

"That is correct. We are girlfriends now."

Yeri let out a sudden whoop and threw a fist happily up in the air.  Twirling, she gave a rolling laugh that made Irene jump and cling to Wendy. "I knew it!" Yeri said while laughing and pointed to Wendy. "I had a bet with Joy that you were totally gay and I won! She owes me 100,000 won!"

With a fist pump of celebration, Yeri grinned at the pair, "Yah, don't tell Joy yet, though. I want to make a bet that Irene is gay too so I can get more money from her, okay?" She gazed at them, her eyes hopeful, Wendy swearing she could see little Won signs in the dark pupils of Yeri's eyes.

In complete shock, neither she nor Irene could find words but instead only nodded at Yeri. The young girls face blossomed with pure happiness at the thought of getting more money out of Joy. "Oh, I almost forgot! Congratulations to you both!" With a grin, Yeri began to back away, winking at the pair before turning and head back to her cameraman.

Wendy and Irene stood there together, watching the girl move away, disbelief on their faces. "That... did not go as I expected," whispered Irene.
 

Authors Notes: Another late chapter. I had the draft ready last weekend but I was so caught up working on my thesis it simply didn't happen. I'm hoping that once this semester is over that I can more than catch up! I hope everyone enjoys the chapter :)