final

Caraphernelia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sana raised her right eyebrow.


Because everything is hitting her nerve; the silence did not make things any better with her three students who seem to find the floor more interesting than Sana’s raised eyebrow.


“Where and which part did I not get myself clear?” 

Everyone choke on their own throats not knowing how to give a response to the head surgeon who's still waiting for a valid answer on why they almost messed up the practice surgery.

Everyone felt their lives at the edge.


Chaeyoung nudge Dahyun “Speak you little rat”


“Open that sneaky mouth of yours” Tzuyu nudge Dahyun this time.


“Shut up; ai-“


“I’m asking a question, I did not ask for you guys to nudge each other’s ribs until they broke” letting out an exasperate sigh.


“I-“ 


“Dr. Minatozaki, it’s lunch time, let’s go” Mina, another head neurologist surgeon said with its head poking out the door of Sana’s classroom.

The three failures sighs in relief, and obviously this perked up Sana’s nerve when she turned her head back in a snap, towards the three; immediately causing the students to straighten and to choke their selves on the sigh they were trying to release.


“We’re still not over with this” she squinted her eyes.


And of course that was enough to make the three to shiver.

--

“Stop saving that smol’s a*s”


“What are you saying?” Mina did not mind to glance at her fellow head surgeon.


Putting down her fork, scoffing towards her friend. “Don’t play on me, Myoui, of all people you could have like is Son-“


“Sana, you’re being too loud” grimaced Mina, finally facing her friend’s face who had an unamused expression written on its face. “And I’m not saving her a*s, okay? It’s lunch time and I’m getting hungry”


“I remember our lunch being on twelve noon, not on ten freaking o’clock” rolling her eyes to the beat red Mina “I guess I need to be reminded that our lunch time had been moved”


“Shut up, Sana unnie”


“Now we’re on close friend basis? I’m not letting you off the hook”


“Why-“


“Dr. Minatozaki, there’s an emergency on the lobby!” and that made Mina to be off on the hook.

--

“What happened?” Sana immediately put pressure on the girl’s wound (on its head) who’s bleeding endlessly.


“She was push by a classmate and her head hit the corner of the railings, causing her to receive a deep wound”


“And the wound?”


Tzuyu lift the clipboard to the next page “It’s deep but not enough for her skull to show”


Sana nodded “Prepare the room”

--

Momo opened her eyes. 


It felt so hard to lift those eyelids, feels like she swallowed sand; as the itchy feeling strikes she slowly sat up while she keeps coughing, and when her coughing had finally subsided she finally took notice of the new-found surroundings.


This is definitely not her room. 


And this is definitely the hospital.


She grimaced upon feeling the needle of the IV along with the sudden pain on the right upper part of her forehead; touching it; she felt the rough texture of the dressing.


“Oh, you’re finally awake!” she felt terrified by the sudden appearance of Dahyun who’s holding her clipboard “Oh, sorry to scare you. I’m going to call Dr. minatozaki” the nurse smiled.


“Wait” her voice sounds like a sand too.


“Uh yes?”


“Can I ask for a glass of water?


“Sure”

--


“So your wound is not that deep but deep enough to bleed that much since your cut went over your muscles so we need to put stitches on it to prevent further infection in your flesh as well to prevent any more damage” Sana lift up the clipboard before continuing “And you might feel some headaches but that is because of the surgery, so far there’s no other complications and you may leave after a week as I need to see if any complications will appear”


She closed the clip and glanced at her patient.


Momo, who seems to be dozing off or might be staring at Sana.

It’s the second reason; she was astonished on how beautiful the doctor is, as Sana looks like a greek goddess, Aphrodite. 


“Did you get any of the word I’ve said?”  she did not respond so Sana raised her eyebrow. “Dahyun check any further complications, it seems her head had hit the corner of the railings really hard”


Dahyun nodded.

--

“Omfg, Momo are you okay now? You were like out for two days” Jihyo, Momo’s chaperone slash friend slash mother had said (but feels like screaming) and totally Dahyun who’s beside checking Momo’s IV was shook because of how loud the voice is.


“Yeah” Momo cutely uttered while munching her food.


“Are you even sure? Like omg, you got a surgery on your head”


“I am, don’t worry” Momo uttered before gulping the fruit she was eating.


“Ma’am please do not shout; the other patients will be disturbed” Dahyun said glancing at Jihyo.


“What? I’m not shouting” Dahyun covered her ear for a minute. 


“Ma’am I’m going to call for the security if you won’t stop shouting”


Jihyo looked so ing offended “Omfg” she murmured but still felt like a shout. “So what did the doctor said?” Jihyo asked once Dahyun was out of earshot.


Momo shrugged and glanced at Jihyo “She’s pretty”


“She said she was pretty?” Jihyo looked like some has slapped something nasty to her.


“I did not get anything she said cos she was too pretty” Momo softly uttered before brushing her hair as it was getting in her face; Jihyo was sure Momo had took the surgery but she doesn’t know if her friend did get any better after surgery or its mind had finally given up living.


“You what?” Jihyo shook her head, before pressing the button to call the doctor “I’ll talk to her instead” 

--

Seeing the light on her call, she closed the clipboard while the three students of hers, breaths in relief as they are still being scolded by Sana who still had not gotten over their failure this morning.


“We’ll continue this later” she said as she puts the clipboard aside before grabbing her stethoscope.

--

A knock resounding on the wooden expensive door had rung inside the room of Momo with a goddess doctor appearing inside of their room, gaining the patient’s attention while Jihyo smiled politely towards the doctor.


“Did something happen?” the doctor asked which was met by a shake of head by Jihyo.


“I just want to ask about her condition” Jihyo politely bowed and smiled.


Sana nodded “It's okay but can I know what are you to her? We can’t give any info unless it is the guardian or the parent of the patient”


“Ah, I’m her guardian since her parents are in Japan” the doctor nodded “I’m Park Jihyo” extending a hand which was met by a handshake by the doctor.


“I’m Dr. Minatozaki Sana” 


“Japanese?”


“Ah yes” the doctor smiled politely.


“Dr. Minatozaki...? Sana...?” both got startled by a sudden voice erupting behind them.


“Ah y-yes?” sana answered awkwardly.


“Pretty name” and that choked her while she felt a heat on her nape. It wasn’t that she was shy being complimented, it was a usual thing for her but the way her patient said it sounds awkwardly cute and… embarrassing for her.


“Um, don’t mind her doctor, the anesthesia seem to be-“


“No, it is really a pretty name” Momo cutely muttered while staring at Sana’s orbs, startling the latter once again. Tearing her eyes off the patient and focusing it on the guardian.


She coughed, clearing “Um, so what do you want to know?” She can notice how the guardian tried to be in its composure.


“H-how long does she needs to stay?”


“Oh, for one week since I still need to check if there are any complications that will appear on her and it seems like...” Sana trailed off glancing at Momo who’s still deadly staring at her making her to cough off.


“W-well, that’s all, if there’s any info you still want to know feel free to call me”


“What’s your phone number?” she got startled again due to the sudden personal question.


“I think I should go ahead now, Ms. Park” Sana ignored the question.


“Y-yes, I think you should”

--


Sana had her knots on her forehead as she made her way out as she sees Tzuyu walking around, reading its own clipboard.


“Chou” she easily gained the attention of the latter who immediately bowed at her.


“Yes, Dr.?”


“Have you put the right amount of anesthesia in this patient?” Sana said pointing the room of Momo which was met by a nod from Tzuyu.


“I measured it correctly, was there a complication regarding it?” Sana shook her head.


“I was just making sure something”

--

Putting down her coat because she finally finished her night rounds while massaging her neck as she slumped herself to the swivel chair making creaky noise as a sigh had escaped her lips due to the fatigue she’s feeling right now. Staring at the ceiling as her eyes is slowly dropping when a call had been made she let out an audible cursed as she stood up and glanced whose room is it, seeing it was the weird patient.


“Oh, god”

--

She was about to knock when the door slammed open revealing a stressed out Dahyun, like the tofu had aged for 10 years: forgetting who is Sana to her. She grabbed the stunned doctor’s shoulder like asking for help before making her words out “Help me, this patient is, dear lord save me from this misery” Dahyun muttered before slipping away making Sana to stare before peeking inside.


Which she was met by a woman sulking.


“Did something happen, Ms. Hirai?” she made her way inside as she glances on the food, it was past nine and obviously this is not good for her patient “You don’t like the food?” approaching the latter while examining the food that had been prepared: it was pretty edible in Sana’s opinion.


Momo glanced at her “Pretty”


Not minding the compliment, “Do you feel any pain?”


Momo shook her head.


And Sana almost cursed.


“if you got nothing to ask I wi-“


“I want to eat: but I’m wobbly” Momo silently uttered which made Sana to irked her eyebrow.


“There was a nurse earlier here, Ms. Kim, she-“


“I don’t like her, I like you”


Another irked of her eyebrow, “I’ll call the-“


“I’ll eat, don’t leave” Momo muttered picking up the spoon.


She felt her eyebrow twitching “Ms. Hirai I’m a doctor. I’m here to assist you if there’s any complication in your head, but with the reason that you can’t eat is not valid for me as a doctor. I’ll call back the nurse so eat then take your medicine” Sana muttered in distress whilst a pout had made their way to Momo’s lips.

--


“There’s no complication? Or do you feel any pain?” It’s the fourth day and as Sana had conclude base from her observations, no complications can be seen on this flirtatious patient of hers who for the past four days had been trying to get on her and it’s irking her. 


Momo shook her head.


“Then I think you’ll be discharged tomorrow, since-“


“O-ow” Momo faked and touch her healed forehead.


“You’re completely fine” Sana smiled mockingly before closing her clipboard, focusing her attention to her patient “And you’ll be discharge tomorrow morning”


Momo pouted while playing with her blanket, touching a little bit of Sana’s love for cuteness but being a professional “Well then, I’ll be off Ms. Hirai”

--

“YA! COME OUT NOW!” Jihyo shouted pulling the blanket away from Momo who’s curled like a ball while sulking.


“No”


“Oh my god. Jesus, what no?! You’re already discharged, Momo”


Shaking her head as a gesture of her no while Jihyo had her hands on her hips looking so unamused with her friend’s sulking antics “I don’t want to go, Hyo”


Letting out an audible sigh “You’re the first ever person I saw not wanting to get off into a fcking hospital building”


“But pretty is here!” Momo reasoned out, bolting up into a sitting position while giving Jihyo a look.


“Are you still on the doctor?” Momo nodded her head, gaining another dying sigh from Jihyo. “Just go back here” Jihyo said in desperate manner.


Thinking Momo wouldn’t do such an act.

--

“You’re okay now? I'mma kill that guy for pushing you off” Momo busied herself with her smoothie as she listens to the talk of her friends were having. After her discharge on the hospital and another two days of rest, she was finally able to go back to her university where she met her worried classmates and friends as she nearly disappeared for almost two weeks and now she is being secured like she was some kind of glass.


Even when the guy who pushed her off had tried to apologize but was met by a kick from the one and only Im Nayeon, and truly if Jeongyeon did not come, that guy would never be able to do the push and pull.


“I am, and it was an accident” Momo uttered.


“Accident? He really did push you off like we can’t do anything about it if his girlfriend wants some gay sh*t with you” Nayeon said in a sassy manner.


“You already remove the guy’s treasure” Jeongyeon grimaced before looking back at Momo “So who was this chick that you got your eyes on? Jihyo had been ranting about you not wanting to leave the hospital just because of someone”


“Chick? Why didn’t I hear a thing about this?”


Jeongyeon shrugged before drinking her smoothie “Like Jihyo was so triggered”


“Dr. Minatozaki, the one who did my stitches”

--

Standing in front of the enormous building, now that she had looked on it; this hospital was really a high class one. Thank god she came from a well-fed family; clutching to her strap as she was about to step her foot on when an ambulance came and almost all the nurse had step on her with them rushing and pushing the stretcher bed while applying the necessary first aid towards the patient.


“Move aside please!” she did what Doctor Minatozaki had-


Dr. Minatozaki: her eyes trailed, following the doctor who’s applying the first aid by applying pressure to the wound with the other nurses pushing the bed, without any second thoughts she run and pushed along making it easier for the nurses.


“Move aside!” she smiled as she heard the voice.

--

She glanced at the light. It’s still on meaning the surgery hadn’t been finished yet. It’s been five hours since the doctor had gone in and she had been waiting for that long. Some thought she was a family which she denied quickly; deciding that the doctor won’t be out any minute from now. She stood up and slowly made her way towards the exit.

--

“It’s a success. It’s done” Sana breath in relief as one of the nurses wiped her sweat; giving the signal to the nurses, they all moved to move the patient towards its room while she made her way out removing her mask as well the gloves; tiredness can be seen on her beautiful face but nevertheless saving a person’s life is what matters the most to Sana.


Letting herself to sit on the bed as she had been doing the surgery for seven hours; closing her eyes as felt the sleepiness creeping to her when a warm thing had been placed on her cheeks, opening her eyes she was met by a familiar per

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter