Thinking about you

I love you to the extent that it hurts;

 

1 week later

Howon is staring blankly on the papers without paying attention to the meeting. He is distracted, by Hana. He couldn’t stop thinking about her.

Am I in love again? No, that’s not possible. Is it? Howon chuckle.

Suddenly all eyes are on him.

 

 

“Oh nothing, I was just thinking about something else. Anyways, anything else you wants to say about this project?”

Silent.

“Ok then, I’ll wrap up this meeting now. Anything else please refer to Sera, she will deliver the message to me.” 

He smile and leave the meeting room.

 

“Sera, what’s up with big boss? He seems to be distracted today. And I’ve never seen he smile like that before.”

Shin Ae, one of the staff asks Sera.

 

“Ah you know, he seems to be in a happy mood lately. Well it’s not like he’s a moody all the time, but I think he’s in love.

I’ve never seen him smiling that much too, especially when he’s having a meeting like just now. But who knows right.”

 

 

Howon decides to go to the hospital today. He wants to see Hana again. He doesn't know why. He just wants to see her. He left the office 2 hours early. It was bored anyways. The big project he’s working right now going on smoothly and everything went well.

He went straight to see Myungsoo at his office.

 

 

“Hey Howon, what are you doing here?”

“What? I can’t meet my friend now”?

“Hahaha, that’s not what I meant Howon. But seriously, you didn't text nor call me before coming, and you’ve never come and meet me during office work because apparently, you are too busy working everyday.” Myungsoo .

“Ha ha ha, very funny. Well, I came here to ask about the patient who has the heart disease, named Woo.. Hyunwoo or something..”

“You meant, Woohyun?”

“Ah yes, him.”

“Well, what about him?”

“You know, I kinda bumped into his sister that day before I came to see you. She seems really nice. And umm...

I was kinda wondering about the costs for her brother’s operation.”

“It costs a lot Howon, for a person like her. I really pity her. I heard that she had to drop out of university and

working day and night to earn money.”

“How about their parents?”

“From what I heard, their parents died in a tragic accident and moved from Busan to here.”

Howon is in deep thinking. He wants to help her but he is afraid that she will be mad at him or decline the offer.

“I want to pay for the operation Myungsoo, I want to help them. But I want to keep it secret. I mean the donor of the money. I don’t want them to know that I’m the one who pay for the operation.”

“Well that is possible. But are you sure you want to do this? Don’t get me wrong, and I’m sure they will be really happy to know this, but why do you want to be an anonymous donor?”

“Because I don’t want them to feel thankful to me. I don’t want them to feel burden or thinking to pay back the money to me. I am sincere to help them and let’s just it be that way.”

“I’m very proud of you my friend, and I’ve always been.” Myungsoo smiled.

“Do you think I can meet this Woohyun guy, if it’s not disturbing his rest time?”

“Yes you can, in fact it would be good to have a visitor other than his sister sometimes. His room is 007. He should be in his room by this time.” Myungsoo glance at his watch.

“Thanks buddy. I will meet you later alright.”

 

 

Knock knock

 

“Just come in Hana ah, I know that is you”.

“Err, I’m not Hana, I guess...”

“Oh hi... Well obviously you are not Hana.” Woohyun flash his eyesmile to the male stranger in front of him.

“Who are you? And what you are doing here? Oh, please take a seat.”

“I thought that this is my friend’s room, but I guess not. My name is Howon.”

“My name is Woohyun, Jung Woohyun. This room has been my second house for the past months, so you must have gotten the wrong information. But it’s good to have another visitor for a while. My sister is the only who visited me every day.” He gave a weak smile.

“How about your friend?”

“Well, I don’t have any friend. My sister and I moved to Seoul just recently before I was admitted to the hospital.”

“I see. Well I can be your friend, if you want.” Howon smile.

“Of course, I’d love to. How old are you?”

“I’m 23 years old.”

“Well, I’m 25 years old so you will have to call me hyung then.”

“I don’t have any brother or sister, so it’s good to have a person that I can call hyung now.”

“Haha, my pleasure.”

 

 

Hana heard noises from her brother’s room and she was wondering who would be in his room since there’s no way that her brother would have a chat with the nurses here since he is quite shy around girls.

 

 

“Oppa?”

“Oh Hana! Come here lil sis, come meet my new friend.”

“Hi Woohyun oppa But I'm not so little anymore you know” She eyed her brother playfully.

“Aigoo, you will always be my little baby sister even if you are married eo? Oh yeah,Howon, this is Hana,

my precious little sister, and Hana, this is Howon, my new friend.”

 

 

Isn’t that the guy! Omoo..

 

 

“I’m Howon.”

“Hi, I’m Hana.”

 

 

Hana smile and Howon felt a sudden butterfly movement in his stomach.

 

 

“Well, I have to go now. It’s nice meeting both of you, and I will pay another visit soon. Bye Woohyun hyung, Hana.”

And with that he left the room quickly.

“Goodbye Howon, see you again.” Woohyun semi shouted.

“What is wrong with that boy, he seems nervous when you are here just now. Does he actually like you?” 

 

 

Woohyun teased his little sister. But little did he know that it might be true. He chuckle when he saw both of Hana’s cheek blush red like a tomato.

 

 

“Oppaaa, what are you talking about. Maybe he’s just in a rush who knows.”

 

 

Hana can’t help but to wonder what the guy was doing in her brother’s room ...

 

 

 

“I want the procedure for the operation to be prepared as soon as possible. I will transfer the money tomorrow.

The rest, you know what to do right, Myungsoo?”

“No worry Howon, I will take care of it.”

“Ok Then, I’m heading home now. See you later Dr.L.”

 

 

Howon laugh over his friend’s childish nickname. Myungsoo loved to be called L. It’s not that he doesn’t like his name, but since he likes Death Note too much, that’s why.

 

“Hey, don’t laugh! I will write your name on the death note later on if you don’t stop now.”

“Myungsoo myungsoo, I didn’t know how you ended up being a doctor, friend. Ha, I’m late already. Gotta go now. Bye.”

“Have a safe journey Howon.”

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment & subscribe if you like my story <3