{Napink} - Why does it hurt so much?

Pristanic (one-shot collection)

 

It’s just so hard. 

 

And with her being so blatantly obvious doesn't help you one single bit either, it only makes your heart wrench every second you see her even glance at that girl. And it broke you inside even more because... it was the exact same way she used to look at you. Eyes shining. Bright and beautiful. So in love. 

 

Unknowingly your breath hitched as you accidentally let out a quiet sob. But of course she noticed, she always did when it came to you. It’s just that now, you think that maybe you aren't as special anymore as she had started to take notice of someone else as well, more than she actually ever did you.

 

“Kyulkyung-ah, are you okay?” Nayoung gently asked you as she approached you with a bottle of water and sat down right next to you on the practice room floor, offering her shoulder like always.

 

At that moment everything seemed like it wasn't falling apart and that all was right and well as she carefully swung her arm over your shoulder to bring you in closer to her. And of course you leaned into her more, you couldn't help it. Your heart still pounds when she's like this, so gentle and caring and warm, no wonder you couldn't help but fall in love with her.

 

Nayoung-unnie.....

 

“I’m fine unnie. Why are you asking?” you mutter out, most of it being muffled into her collarbone but she still heard you anyways.

 

She paused for a bit and you felt her shift above you as she was probably now looking down at the top of your head, “Uhhh you just seemed out of it during dance practice that was all. Just wanted to see how you were doing and if you needed a little rest. Leaning against wall isn't as comfortable as a person you know, so here I came.”

 

She then chuckled lightly almost as if that was enough to lift the slightly damp mood, and it did, somewhat. You crack a small smile against the fabric of her shirt and she feels it as she then begins to your hair, coaxing you into a much needed rest as your eyes fluttered closed. 

 

Rest... You haven’t much of that lately and your heavy eyebags proved it. Not even Eunwoo dared to tease you about them. But it was because you couldn't stop thinking about her again late at night when the whole dorm is quiet and most likely asleep. Nayoung, and her slowly but surely changing heart. It’s been what? Almost 2 months now that you've seen this change. The exact same amount of time since the appearance of these dark circles of yours. 

 

You feel her shift above you again and you open one to see the reason why. Your little happy bubble is popped by reality and suddenly Nayoung’s half embrace doesn’t feel as warm as it did mere seconds ago. She staring again. At that girl, who's busy fighting off a pair of sweaty Kangs that keep pouncing onto her with their gross, sweat saturated bodies. 

 

"YAH KANGKYUNG, KANGYE STOP IT!" 

 

You can hear Nayoung giggle as she continues to watch the trio mess around. Once the sound escapes her lips, that girl looks up at her immediately from across the room, through the curtain of her messy hair, breathless, her eyes twinkling and still with the 2 Kangs now hanging off of her, succeeding in their task. And as of that moment you can't feel anything except for the continuous shattering of your heart as Nayoung's breath stops, her heart beating erratically. 

 

That girl. You have a sour taste in your mouth just even thinking about her and an even more intense feeling of guilt and self loathe in your gut. Cause that girl isn't just any girl, no. She’s one of the most sweetest and kindest people who shouldn't ever be on the end of someone’s malicious thoughts, the exact ones you’re having right now. 

 

Minkyung-unnie.

 

Incredibly sweet, kind, caring, clumsy, smart, loving, always dependable, Minkyung-unnie. Even you could see why Nayoung would suddenly fall out of her love for you and fall for Minkyung instead. But maybe.... what if it wasn’t all of a sudden, what if the feeling had always been there and she’s just playing with you, giving you false hope, pitying you and is just dating you for the sake of having to not not deal with you feeling all depressed and stuff.

 

No. No, Nayoung-unnie isn't like that at all. And she is in love with me… was in love with me. I could tell. Cause she used to look at me just like that. The same way Minkyung-unnie is looking at her right now... 

 

Poor Minkyung. And Nayoung too. They're so in love...... but so are you, and you can't help it either. You've tried to let her go, multiple times, especially when you witness moments like these where they just stare longingly at eachother from across the room, so helpless.

 

You want to let her go, you really do. You want to free her from this unfruitful relationship because as long as Nayoung is happy, so are you but... why does it hurt so much?

 

Nayoung-unnie..... I'm sorry but I want to be selfish a little while longer. I know that Minkyung-unnie is an amazing person and would treat you wonderfully but please, I want to be selfish. At least just until I'm ready and prepared enough to see you happier with someone else, someone that's not me. 

 


Prompt:-

Ship: Napink/Naminky

NonAU

Concept: Nayoung slowly finds herself falling in love with Minkyung while Kyulkyung finds it incredibly hard to let go


I feel like by putting this into Kyulkyung's POV just made it 10x more angsty.... and now I'm really sad?

So that was the first one-shot guys,, whatcha think about it

Good? Bad? Sad? Kinda eh? 

(Sidenote: I am not that great at angst so please don't bash me,, but some helpful crticism would be appreciated) 

And don't worry our leader-nim loves and will always love our Kyulkyungie, even tho this ship has got to be the most tragic ship that exists right now

Haha well anyways stay tuned till next chapter, who will it be hmm??

- J