Chapter 11

I Can't

 

Sorry for the late update. I will try to get the next chapter up ASAP!

If there are typos or any confusion, feel free to message me (:

Nichkhun ran out of the apartment. He needed some air. Krystal said that she was gone. But where had she gone? When did she leave?  Why did she leave? Did he do something wrong?

His head was spinning and he couldn’t think straight. Suddenly, his phone rang. He hurriedly picked it up, hoping that it was Victoria.

“Yeoboseyo?” It was his manager. “Now is not really a good time … Come in now? … I really can’t… I … no … yes…alright see you soon.”

He had no idea why he was called in so late and honestly, he didn’t care. All he wanted was to see her again. All he wanted was for her to call him even if it was just to let him know that she was safe.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

He knocked on the door and entered.

“Ahh. Glad to see you, Nichkhun-ssi. Have a seat.”

Nichkhun really wasn’t in the mood but did as he was ordered. His manager tossed an envelope in front of him.

“Care to explain?”

Confused, he opened the envelope. There were pictures and manuscript. The title said “Nichkhun’s new love.” He looked at the pictures. He immediately recognized his apartment building. It was of him and Soo Yeon earlier that morning.

“What is this? Where did you get it?”

“I got this from the editor-in-chief from Hallyu Weekly.”

“You can’t be serious. None of this is even true!” He was angry. The paparazzi could twist anything to fit their story.

“But they don’t know that. This will be on the front page on tomorrow’s issue.”

“What?!? Can’t we do something to stop them?!?”

“Sorry. The editor gave this to me beforehand as a courtesy. The printers are already running and there’s really nothing we can do.”

Seeing how angry and upset Nichkhun was, the manager added, “This is could a good thing. Turn the attention away from your … other woman. It could work out in our favor if we coordinate with the magazine in the right way. It’s almost time for Gravity’s debut, so we should shine the spotlight on them.”

“No.”

“Excuse me?”

“I said no. This isn’t fair to anyone. Not to Soo Yeon, not to me… and definitely not to Victoria-ssi.”

“You will do as I say. I know she’s gone –“

“Wait. What?! Who told you?”

“You need to calm down, Nichkhun-ssi. I have my ways. What I need you to know is that everything I do and every decision that I make is for the good of you and all the other members of 2PM. Go home and rest. I expect to see you back here in a week.”

Nichkhun got up and headed towards the door.

 “Nichkhun, she’s not worth it. It’s not worth it to lose your career over a girl. She’s gone. And from what I understand, she won’t be coming back.”

----------------------------------------------

He took the picture frame off of his desk. Her eyes looked up at him, smiling. The picture was taken on their first “real” date. They had been so happy. What had gone wrong? Nobody could answer his questions nor did they want to. All he knew was that she was gone.