Reminiscing [ bts x y/n ]

Reminiscing [ bts x y/n ]

Me and Jin have been friends for as long as I can remember so the thought of me having to move out to another city for college and leaving him behind was devastating. Luckly, he somehow managed to turn his grades around and get accepted into the same college as me,resulting in us moving together to Seoul.

*** (TIME SKIP) ***

Today marks 1 year since I moved out from my old place so I decided to meet with my old roommate (who also happened to be my childhood best friend)  in order to catch up and reminiscence while having a few drinks.

Me and Jin ended up going at the same bar where we used to spend our  early college days(or should I say nights ) in. Although the decor has changed quite a bit over the years,the place still holds some of our best memories.

A couple of drinks later,in order to "prepare the ground" for the news that I had to tell Jin , we ended up reminiscing about all of the adventures that we have been through together ever since middle school : he reminded me about that time when we were about 13 and he found out that his next door neighbour,Hoseok, had a massive crush on me and promised to help him kiss me(of course,as long as he also got something from this).Jin ended up tricking me into playing truth or dare with him and some of his other friends, resulting in me losing my first kiss to Hoseok and Jin getting free meals for a month from him as a thank-you-hyung type of thing.

We also talked about my highschool crush,Jimin,who actually ended up being my boyfriend in junior year and about how sometimes life has a cruel sense of humor, giving you the thing you always wanted at the worst time possible.

It was a funny story actually,the story of how me and him ended up together.

I saw him in a highschool talent show when we were in freshman year and I swear to god that it was love at first sight,I mean,when I laid my eyes on him there were even angels singing in the backround and stuff...or at least that's what my 14 years old self thought.(Oh,I was so naive back then,if only I realized a few things sooner...but we'll get to that later).

I spent most of my time with my childhood best friend Jin and his friends since I didn't have many of my own ( all of them being at fault for that since most girls were either jealous that I got to hang out with the "cool guys" or too intimidated by them to approach me...if only they knew that they we're basically idolizing a bunch of dorks...).

Taehyung,one of Jin best friends was actually really close to Jimin but for some reason whenever I tried to get him to be my wing-man or when he saw me getting along with Jimin he got all weird but I just thought that he was over protective of me since Jin was also entering him mama-bear mode whenever he saw us leaving the group in order to spend more time alone.

After a year of hanging out I just kind of lost hope that something will ever happen between me and Jimin since we were both very shy and I FOR SURE wasn't going to make the first move so I eventually asked Jin to set me up on a blind date,hoping that I will find someone and get over this stupid crush that has been tormenting me for the past year.

The guy with whom I ended up on blind date was Yoongi,a guy from the basketball team.We had a great time together ,he looked like a cold and tough guy in the beginning but after a couple of minutes I could already tell that it was all a facade.He decided that we should take a walk in the park and talk,in order to get to know each other.We talked for hours and we had lots of things in common.After the sun set we decided that the date was a success and promised to meet each other again but when I arrived home I found Jimin sitting on my porch, looking very nervous and frustrated.He ended up telling me that he had feelings for me from the very beginning but that he was too shy to say anything...long story short he confessed and we ended up together.

During our almost 2 years relationship we made many happy memories together and it looked like we were meant to be but it all ended when Jimin decided to go study abroad,leaving just a few weeks before prom in order to persue his dream of becoming a dancer.We desperately tried to make it work somehow but I knew that breaking up was the only solution.It was his dream,I wasn't going to hold him back but I knew that the distance would eventually be too much to bear.

Seeing that I was now single Yoongi begged me for another chance but I was too sad and heartbroken to even consider it.During our relationship,Jimin and Taehyung got really close and trusted each other with everything and anything(despite the fight that they had when Jimin told Tae that we're a couple and he ended up punching him in the face for some unknown reason).So,as a final favor, Jimin asked Tae to take me to prom since he knew that he wouldn't be able to attend it. When I asked Tae why he was suddenly ditching his date in order to attend it with me  he was honest and told me about the whole favor thing.I wanted to reject him at first because I felt like ,thinking that they saw me like some doll that once you get bored of you get passed on to the next person and so on. He insisted that I go with him and that he'll make me have the most beautiful night in my life so I eventually accepted.He kept his promise.

We remained good friends through college but we eventually realised th-

"Sir,it's closing time." the bartender told Jin with tired eyes.

"Oh oh okay,we're sorry about this.We'll pay for our drinks and leave."

Jin paid and we left. Since it was late and we had nowhere else to go he decided to call it a night but before he had the chance to call a taxi I stopped him.

"Uhm,Jin,before we go home...remember how I told you that I have some big news to tell you?"

"I think I remember you saying something like that...please don't tell me you're sick or something.Don't think I didn't notice how much weight you lost since you moved out.Has that pabo not been feeding you well? 'Cause I swear to god if - "

"JIN!" I lightly hit his arm while laughing in order to stop him from having one of his mom type of rants again. " Why are you like this???? Of course he's been feeding me. He can't cook like you,that's for sure , but - "

"That doesn't even surprise me.I mean,seriously, I have the best visuals in this city,I make the best food and I also have the best dad joke."He said while shamelessly interrupting me...AGAIN.

"Yeah yeah, sure,whatever.Now are you done talking about yourself so I can tell you tha-"

"Oh [y/n] you know I could talk about myself for hours,there are so many nice things about myself I wouldn't even know where to beg-"

"Taehyung proposed,Jin.We're getting married."