final.

Resignation and Goodbyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Work Text:

  “Guanlin, what the ?” Their basketball coach yelled at the team captain, who was currently heaving on the center of the basketball gymnasium, crouched down as he tried to calm down his breathing.

“Coach, I think he needs some break.” Woojin pipes up, making his way towards the younger who was still chasing his breath, looking pale.

Once given the permission to have a break, Guanlin didn’t even think twice than storming his way towards the nearest restroom, probably to expel the bitter bile in his throat. His lunch threatening to force out of his system. Arriving at his destination, he held onto the seat, bending his back down as he expelled, expelled everything that was making him sick, making him feel all kinds of anxiety in his body that wasn’t really necessary. So much for the puking, Guanlin honestly expected his lunch to be visible on his sight, but no, it was certainly a species of another plant or more like flowers right in front of him. It was in the same shade, everything was similar, to the color of the petals, to the shapes of it. It terrified Guanlin honestly. He know he’s sane enough to not eat flowers, despite the fact that he can glob five meals a day, kudos to Seonho, his best friend. Though, he’s not ing stupid to eat a whole bunch of bouquet to puke this much petals and certainly why is he even ing puking them right now? He doesn’t even ing know what kind of flower he’s puking.

“ing great.” He muttered under his breath, seemingly still confused and pretty horrified at the scene unfolding.

 

To say that Guanlin was less anxious than what happened a while ago would be true. He was currently pressing the pad of his fingers on the doorbell. Preparing for an adorable Jihoon with his hair sticking out in every directions. That’s what Guanlin honestly looks forward to each day honestly. From the mornings he would see Jihoon, snoring adorably in his sleep. To the afternoons that Jihoon would greet Guanlin at the door with the most beautiful smile, hugging and clinging his tall and precious boyfriend.

‘Life’s perfect.’ As to what Guanlin says.

Instead of hearing a “Welcome home baby, how was classes?”, He spots a Jihoon, rubbing his beautiful eye. “Guanlin-ah? You’re early today.”

“Am I allowed not to be early today?” Guanlin grins, albeit teasingly though Jihoon just shrugged him off, the usual smile on his face oddly.. replaced by a frown today. He cups the younger’s cheek before pecking Guanlin on the forehead. “I made sandwiches, it’s on the fridge.” Jihoon dryly stated before poking Guanlin’s cheek. “Eat up, okay? You’ve been losing weight lately.”

Guanlin could only nod, letting Jihoon return back to their shared bedroom. For the first time in Guanlin’s 15 years of existence. He felt.. empty? He felt as if he’s missing out on something and he knows he’s not gonna like it?

 

Night came and Jihoon was supposed to be snuggling to Guanlin’s chest. Making these cute little noises that Guanlin would have a reason for him to ing think of all day, for him to remember how precious Park Jihoon was. Though tonight, his back was facing Guanlin.

“Did I do something wrong?” Guanlin found himself asking, seemingly too old and suddenly feeling a heavy weight on his chest.

 

“Jihoon hyung! Come on, let’s go home together!” Guanlin shouts outside Jihoon’s classroom. Guanlin expected a Jihoon whose cheeks would turn into a cute shade of red. Though, he was greeted by a wide-eyed Jihoon, another fella right beside him.

“Oh? I thought you have practice today?” Jihoon retorts, squinting at Guanlin before breaking into a soft smile.

“I skipped.. I want to spend more time with you, yeah.” Guanlin admitted, chuckling lightly before the guy right beside Jihoon clears his throat.

“Hey, you must be Guanlin. I’m Daniel.” Daniel says, a polite smile on his lips as he nods towards Guanlin’s direction.

Guanlin nodded as a reply before he was about to whine at Jihoon again, he was cut off by none other than Jihoon himself.

“Guanlin, I’m sorry, I have a project to do with Daniel, you could wait up, right?” Jihoon said, tilting his head cutely and Guanlin hates himself for being so whipped.

“Alright, take care hyung.” Sadness evident in his tone, Guanlin watches as Jihoon and Daniel started talking.

There was something that Guanlin found heartbreaking though, Jihoon’s gaze were different. It was so different because Guanlin knows that, that particular gaze was supposed to be sent to him.

 

Tired with all the bull and stress on his plate, Guanlin opted to search the internet on ‘Why do I puke petals’. It ranged from unrealistic answers to believable ones. ‘It’s a disease where one’s love is unrequited. Whereas you puke petals.’ Wait what? Guanlin suddenly can’t breathe, feeling as if his energy drained out of him. Unrequited? As in, one-sided? He was in love and still is to Jihoon though, god knows they were boyfriends. So he was thinking of two things right now. 1) Maybe I like someone else or 2) Maybe I’m just dumb it’s not actually the reason.

He would never fall out of love from Jihoon though. Taking the petal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter