Chapter 4

Royally Blue

Yuta knocked for the 5th time.  The bastard was taking his sweet time answering the damn door.  After the failed knock, Yuta put his ear up to the door to listen for any signs of movement inside the room.  Nothing.

“Looking for me?” hot breath assaulted his neck from behind.  Yuta spun around and found himself face to face with the ice prince, their noses touching.  Aware of his lack of personal space, Yuta backed up until his back was flush with the door, Taeyong in pursuit.  Taeyong raised a hand, but instead of touching Yuta, he turned the knob to open the door.  Yuta, unaware Taeyong was opening the door, fell backwards into the room and landed on his from the lack of door to keep him upright. 

Yuta glared at the smirking vampire that was looming over him. 

“I think this view is more fitting, you below me.”  Yuta scoffed at Taeyong before getting to his feet. 

“,” he muttered as he dusted off his pants. 

As Yuta straightened, he fully realized he was alone in a room with Taeyong.  It wasn’t that Yuta was afraid of him, it was the spark in the atmosphere he was worried about.  Last night’s actions flashed across his mind as the two men stood staring at each other, only mere feet away from the other.  He was just as attracted and drawn to him as the night before, even more so they were secluded in a room.  Looking at Taeyong’s eyes, he could tell he felt the same, his eyes filled with lust.  Yuta began to wonder if this was normal when Taeyong stepped forward and around Yuta to his bed. 

Yuta followed Taeyong’s every movement with his eyes.  Taeyong looked back at Yuta, “If you’re sure about your decision then get your over here, I just want to get this over with.” 

He hesitantly took a step towards the bed, where the vampire was impatiently waiting.    

“Get on the bed,” he ordered Yuta.  Usually Yuta would snap at being ordered around like a dog, but his nerves were starting to get to him.  He obediently crawled onto the bed.

“Shirt off.” 

Yuta opened his mouth to retaliate, but Taeyong beat him to it.  “How the hell do you expect me to bite you with your shirt on, idiot.”

Yuta grit his teeth and gracefully pulled off the blue sweater Ten had given him earlier.  Goose-bumps immediately erupted all over his skin due to the chilliness of the room.  Yuta looked to Taeyong for more instructions, but he seemed to be in his own world, conflicted with himself, clenching and unclenching his fists.  Realizing he was stalling, Taeyong drew in a frustrated deep breath and met Yuta’s eyes. 

“Lay down.”  So Yuta lied down, keeping a weary eye on the blue-blood.  Taeyong reached the bed and started crawling towards him.  Yuta suddenly felt like Taeyong was a carnivore seeking out his prey, named Yuta.  The closer Taeyong got to him, the harder and faster his heart beat.  If he was honest with himself, part of it was excitement, not fear.  Soon Taeyong was on all fours, limbs surrounding Yuta. 

Yuta wondered if the lust was just as evident in his eyes as they were in Taeyong’s.  Taeyong’s eyes moved from Yuta’s eyes to his neck, and he started bending down.  Yuta could feel Taeyong’s hair tickle his chin as he bent forward.  Taeyong nuzzled his neck, took in a giant sniff, and moaned.  There was a twitch in Yuta’s lower regions.

“You smell so good, and I ing hate it,” he heard Taeyong mumble into the juncture of his neck and shoulder. 

And then Yuta felt it, Taeyong sank his sharp teeth into his fragile skin.  It was Yuta that moaned this time.  What they both didn’t expect was that it was a moan of pleasure, not pain.  And so Taeyong .

Yuta felt a pleasure like no other, a strong wall of lust immediately slammed into his body, pumping into his blood and flowing through the rest of his body.  He was already rock hard.  The more Taeyong , the louder Yuta’s moans and the more he squirmed underneath the vampire. 

Without any warning, Taeyong pulled away, a mix of lust and confusion on his face.  “Why aren’t you in pain?  Why aren’t you burning up on the inside?  This isn’t what should be happening.”

Yuta couldn’t hear anything Taeyong was saying; he was in a drunken daze.  All he wanted was that feeling of immense pleasure again.  Ignoring Taeyong’s dilemma, Yuta sat up and captured Taeyong’s lips with his own, wrapping his arms around his neck and bringing him back down on the bed with him.  There was no hesitating on Taeyong’s part to kiss back; he had wanted this all day.

Yuta brought attention to his throbbing by rubbing it on Taeyong’s thigh.

“Taeyong,” Yuta whimpered.  Taeyong smirked into the heated kiss.  He was going to have so much fun with this. 

Realizing Taeyong wasn’t going to help his situation, he reached for his own , but Taeyong slapped away his arm and secured it above Yuta’s head.

“You can only touch when I let you.” Yuta whined in disappointment and need, bucking his hips up for friction.

Taeyong continued savaging his lips, nipping and until he tasted everything he could reach with his tongue. He detached their lips and moved down his neck where he had bit him not too long before.  Yuta gasped and shuddered in pleasure as Taeyong the bite mark. 

Yuta felt Taeyong move down to his s, where he nibbled and , twisted and pulled, leaving Yuta writhing and crying out for more.  His was in so much pain from not being touched he thought it might explode.

Taeyong moved even lower, leaving bruises and a wet trail down his stomach, past his navel, and towards Yuta’s most sensitive area.

Finally separating his mouth from Yuta’s body, he sat back on his haunches and took a good look at the beautiful mess he had made out of Yuta.  Yuta was struggling to breathe, and now that Taeyong was no longer giving him pleasure, he desperately tried to touch his again.  Before he could reach his , Taeyong’s lips attached themselves to his length.  He briefly wondered when and how his pants had been removed but immediately brushed the thought aside as he screamed as the pain turned into heated pleasure, his eyes watering in relief. 

Taeyong , salty with the taste of his pre-, and followed the throbbing vein down to the base of Yuta’s with his tongue.  Tired of teasing, Taeyong wrapped his lips around the head and .   He took Yuta’s length, all the way to the base, hallowed his cheeks, and started moving at a steady pace.  If Yuta was loud before, it was nothing compared to now.  Taeyong was sure the whole kingdom could hear Yuta’s screams.  The more Yuta squirmed, the faster Taeyong , until he could taste Yuta’s in his mouth.  With a satisfied swallow, he crawled back up to the spent boy and kissed him one last time.

Yuta was barely conscious at this point.  As Taeyong got off the bed, Yuta touched the bite mark on his neck.  Before he fell asleep, he vaguely remembered thinking something wasn’t right.  Taeyong left the room.

 

 

Hardly 2 hours into Doyoung’s transformation, Jaehyun heard a knock at his door.  Confused, he left the chair he was sitting in by the bed to answer the knock.  Everyone knew the transformations were going on, so who could possibly want him right now?

It was Taeyong; a very disheveled Taeyong. 

“Wh-“ Jaehyun began, but Taeyong immediately cut him off.

“It didn’t work.” Jaehyun could easily tell Taeyong was slightly panicked on the inside but refused to actually show it on his cold face.

“What do you mean it didn’t work?”

“I bit him, but instead of pain he felt pleasure.” Taeyong frustratingly ran a hand through his silver hair, looking to Jaehyun for answers.

“You mean he reacted to the bite like a vampire?” Jaehyun furrowed his eyebrows at his cousin.

“And he’s not even transforming.  Almost like he’s already a vampire.” Taeyong accused.

“Taeyong, there’s no way.  He’s a human and always has been.  Where is he now?” Jaehyun looked behind Taeyong towards his room, wondering if he was still in Taeyong’s room.

“He’s in my bed unconscious.” Taeyong quickly muttered, not making eye contact with Jaehyun.  “And don’t ask.”

Holding his head in his hand in irritation, Jaehyun rasped, “Can’t you keep your hands to yourself for at least 2 seconds?  My god that’s two nights in a row!  You treat him like yet you attack him every chance you get!”

Taeyong grabbed Jaehyun by the collar, “I ing told you he’s the one that started it!  And like I said,” he quickly let go of his cousin, “There’s something weird about him that makes me very attracted to him in an instinctual way.”

“Not this mate again-“ 

“Forget it.” Before Taeyong completely lost his temper he turned heel and slammed his way back into his own room.

Jaehyun simply shrugged his shoulders and softly closed the door, hoping he wouldn’t wake the feverish Doyoung. 

Sitting back in his chair, he took Doyoung’s tiny hand into his and rubbed the back of his hand with his thumb.

“Everything will be ok, I promise.” 

Red.  All Yuta could see was red. 

Waking with a start, he realized he had his nightmare again.  Twice in one week is more than usual.  He immediately forgot about the dream as he looked around the room.  The memories from the night before came flooding back to him. 

He looked at his arms, his bare chest, felt his face, but he didn’t feel any different.  Wasn’t he supposed to be a vampire now?  Yuta leaped out of bed in search of a mirror.  Finding one in the bathroom connecting to the room, he closely examined his face.  Nothing.  Absolutely no difference.  He went through all that last night with Taeyong for nothing. 

Yuta could feel his cheeks heat up at the way he begged for Taeyong, the way he moaned and wiggled underneath him.  Talk about embarrassing.  Face palming himself, he went back out to collect his clothes before he left the room.  Luckily, he was able to reach his own room before he could run into anyone in the hallway.  He washed up, put on new clothes, and took his daily pill before going out to get answers and food.

If Yuta remembered right, the map had the kitchen on the first floor.  As he reached the stairs, the twins came running past him.  Before they could get out of reach, he grabbed onto Mark. 

“Hey, where’s your kitchen at?  I’m hungry.” Yuta let go of Mark as soon as he had their attention. 

Mark wearily looked around; certainly making sure they didn’t get caught by Taeyong for being out of their rooms before transforming back into vampires.  “Uh-“

“We’ll show you!  Just follow us!”  Apparently Donghyuck wasn’t as afraid of getting caught as Mark. 

Mark gave Donghyuck a look, but Donghyuck waved him off, “Come on, Mark!  We can go see Jaemin!  He works in the kitchen with his mom.”

Ignoring Mark, Donghyuck took Yuta’s hand and led him down the stairs.  Mark shook his head and silently followed behind the duo.

“Are you one of the 10 chosen ones?” Donghyuck peered up at Yuta with shining, inquiring eyes.

“I guess so,” Yuta shrugged his shoulders.

“How come you’re not a vampire then?” The kid gave him a perplexed look.

“I actually don’t really know.”

“Who was the one that bit you?” Man this kid was full of questions. 

Yuta grit his teeth, “Your brother.” 

Donghyuck stopped in his tracks and stubbornly stuck out his chin.  “There’s no way Taeyong hyung bit you.  He would never fail at something!  He’s the crowned prince and my big brother!  He’s the best at everything!”

“Donghyuck, that’s enough.” Mark entered the conversation

After many twists and turns they finally entered the kitchen.

“Jaemin!”

“Donghyuck! Mark!  I thought you guys were in trouble!” a kid Donghyuck’s size but with a wide, radiant smile ran towards them.

“Nah, hyung’s just been really moody ever since the humans showed up.”

Yuta raised his eyebrows.  Interesting. 

“You better not hear your brother say that,” a new voice warned.

The boys turned around to find Jaehyun rounding the corner.

A chorus of hyung! rang out as the boys darted over to one of their favorite hyungs.  Jaehyun smiled at his little attackers and looked up to focus on Yuta.

“I’m supposed to be in charge of you but didn’t realize you had already woken, sorry about that,” Jaehyun apologized before continuing, “Taeyong is in a meeting with his father discussing our next steps, so you’re stuck with me for the day.”

Not caring at all about Taeyong’s whereabouts, Yuta wanted to know how the others were.  “How’s Taeil?  Or the others?”

“How about we get you some food and discuss everything later?” Jaehyun offered.

Not long after Yuta was fed, Yuta found himself walking with Jaehyun in the courtyard.  It had been awhile since Yuta had been outdoors.  Soaking in the sunlight, he looked around at the colorful array of flowers that decorated the area. 

“Taeyong’s mom loves flowers.  Sometimes, when Taeyong travels, he’ll often bring back a new type of flower to surprise his mom with.”  Jaehyun chuckled when Yuta whipped his head up in surprise.

“He doesn’t seem like the type.” All Yuta could envision right now were his smirks and glares that he was always on the receiving end of.

“He’s just frustrated right now.  He doesn’t understand you.  I’ve honestly never seen him so riled up before.  You’re truly an enigma.” 

That answered one of Yuta’s questions.  The bite was supposed to work but had clearly failed, and what were those instinctual feelings he always had when he was around the silver-haired bastard?

“When I left Doyoung, he was just finishing up his transformation.  He did really well.” Jaehyun had a small smile on his face that Yuta felt was not for him but Doyoung.  “He’ll just need to rest for a while.” 

“And the others?”  Yuta saw Jaehyun shrug his shoulders.

“As far as I know, they’re doing just fine, too.  You’re the only one that had any trouble.”

Yuta kicked a rock off the stone path they had been following.  Of course it would be him.  It’s always him.  However, he would rather him be the one with the worst luck rather than his friends.  What was he to do, though?  He would be completely useless!  What’s the point of being part of the 10 chosen ones if they always had to protect him?

Sensing that Yuta was upset, Jaehyun wrapped an arm around his shoulder.  “I wouldn’t worry too much about it.  There’s a reason you’re one of the chosen ones.  We may not know why right now, but everything will unfold in the future, good or bad.”  Yuta was really starting to like Jaehyun.  He wasn’t so bad for being a vampire; he was honest and trustworthy.  He couldn’t exactly say the same of his cousin.

 

 

The next morning, Yuta woke up peacefully for the first time in many days.  Or so he thought he was going to.

Before Yuta could haul himself out of bed, someone was banging on his door.  Not a second later, Johnny came bursting forth into his room, all smiles.  Yuta had to do a double take.  It was Johnny, right?

His friend seemed slimmer and more angular, his skin a pale white.  What threw him off the most were his amber eyes.  He was indeed a red-blooded vampire now.  Yuta was too busy inspecting Johnny to realize Johnny’s confused expression.

“Hyung, did you not do the transformation?  I thought we all agreed…?” Johnny stood frozen at the door, eyes scrutinizing Yuta’s appearance

“It failed.  We don’t know why, but it didn’t work.” Yuta’s eyes were downcast.  It was so embarrassing to him that he was the weakest one now, where he used to be the strongest of them all.

Doyoung was the next one to barge into Yuta’s room.  “Taeil just woke up.”

All three of them, with Yuta still in his pajamas, ran to their prince’s room.  His hair stuck up in all directions from sleep, but ignoring the bird’s nest on his head, his transformation was also successful.  Taeil was small before, but he seemed even tinier, more fragile.  Yuta, however, knew that wasn’t the case. 

His eyes landed on Yuta, disappointment evident on his face.  “Taeil, it’s not what you think.”  And Yuta explained what had happened, excluding the ual stuff, of course.

They all jumped when Ten appeared at the doorframe.  “After you guys wash up, I’m going to take you guys down to feed since it’s your first time.”  Remembering there was a human in their presence, “Oh and Yuta, we’ll have your breakfast brought to your room.”

After Ten left, heavy silence filled the air.  Yuta knew.  This is the way it was going to be from now on.  For everything:  eating, training, fighting, etc.  He would always be the odd one out.  Not wanting the others to witness his loneliness due to his plight, he quickly left the room to begin his day.

Once breakfast had been had, Ten once again gathered them up.  “The chosen ones are all meeting with the King and Queen to discuss our next plan of action.”

On their way to the throne room, Johnny stuck to Ten like glue.  It wasn’t just Johnny anymore, but neither one could keep their hands off of each other, always teasing and bickering.  Taeil and Yuta knowingly shared a look and smiled.

Upon entering the throne room, the four were dazzled on first glance.  Beautiful crystal chandeliers hung from the ceiling.  Rows upon rows of golden seats filled the enchanting room.  At the end of the red carpet were the Kind and Queen in their respective seats.  Their chairs were inlaid with hundreds of gems.  This room and all the riches in it could feed an entire kingdom.  It was easily the fanciest room in the entire castle that Yuta had laid eyes on. 

Taeyong, Jaehyun, and Hansol were already standing in front of the King and Queen as they walked in, bowing in respect.  Looking up from his final bow, Yuta took in the royal’s appearances.  Even though Yuta knew they were at least in their mid 50’s, they didn’t look a day older than 20.  It seemed even though vampires had the same life cycle, they did not age.

King Jongin, like his son, was extraordinarily handsome with thick lips and icy blonde locks.  Queen Victoria was the most beautiful woman Yuta had ever encountered.  Her petite face and long brown hair were a truly a sight to see.  It’s no wonder Taeyong turned out the way he did. 

When it was Yuta’s turn to introduce himself, he noticed the Queen was glaring at him.  Concerned, Yuta looked around to see if he was doing anything wrong, but no one else noticed.  He turned back to the Queen, but she was now choosing to ignore him.  Perplexed, Yuta stepped back with the others.

After the introductions were made, King Jongin got down to business.  “Now that we have found 8 of the 10 chosen ones, it is now time to search the northern vampire clan.  You 8 are to take the heart to find the final 2.  I have no doubts in my mind that you will find them there.”

The King shifted in his seat and looked at his son, “Taeyong, as the Prince, you are in charge.  I have already notified King Yifan that you will be coming.  Yixing has made more batches of medicine for the human, well once human prince, to take home with him.”

Taeil bowed and quietly thanked the King.

“The sooner you find the last chosen ones, the sooner you can train together to learn how to fight against the demons.  Please travel quickly and safely.  You are dismissed.” 

As soon as they exited the throne room, Taeyong turned to all of them and announced, “We’re leaving at dawn.  You’ll be left behind if you’re late.  That is all.”