One

Tragedy of the World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun’s hands raided the kitchen cabinets. His friends were exploring another abandoned neighbourhood hoping to gather more supplies to be brought back to base. So far they were only able to come across a box of half eaten cereal and a carton of spoiled milk. It was most likely that other survivors has taken the food of this home before Sehun and his friends could.


The houses along the neighbourhood was fairly big and was still of high quality despite it being abandoned. They guessed that the rich had probably resided in this area before the spread of the unknown virus that has wiped out a little over 70% of the earth’s population. Only a few has survived the disastrous event. It was still a mystery on how the virus came about.


There are two ways to categorise the survivors. The immune and the non-immune. None of which are superior over the other.
The only way to know which category you belong is only when you experience it first hand. Those not immune, once bitten by a Taker, turns into a Taker. While those immunes are the meal of the Takers. They devour you even down to the bone. Truthfully, no one wants to know which of the two they belong.


Jongin said, appearing from the basement, “Dude, come look downstairs!”


Jongin dragged Sehun by the arm, eager to show off his recent founds. Arriving downstairs, Sehun had his mouth wide open. There were stacks supplies of food, clothing and even medication. It was as if this house had been prepare for some sort of apocalypse to happen.


“This is great, Jongin!” exclaimed Sehun.


“I know, i know. Let’s pack them and bring them back to base.” 


Sehun and Jongin reached out for a large black plastic bag from their backpacks. Sehun and Jongin began to load all the items into the bag. When done, both had two full bags in each hand. It was quite a weight for then but it was manageable for them to carry it upstairs.


Kyungsoo and Tao who had been exploring in the same house had their eyes and mouths wide open. Tao moved forward to inspect and confirm the things in the bag.


“But how?” asked Kyungsoo.


Tao who only had a bag half fill of supplies while Kyungsoo barely had any to fill in.
“You guys found all that?” asked amused Tao.


“All this in the basement,” replied Jongin.


“Let’s head back to base. Minseok would be pleased looking at all the items we got here. I want to hear him compliment us for once,” said Kyungsoo.

 


{’.’}

 


“Well done boys,” said Minseok.


Jongin, Sehun, Kyungsoo and Tao felt a sense of pride after being praised by hyung. Minseok hyung was the last person on earth who would willingly show his emotion.


When dismissed, Baekhyun had climb onto Sehun’s back.


“Where did you find all that stuff?” cheery Baekhyun asked.


“Jongin found them. It was down in the basement at one of the rich’s home that we were raiding through.”


“You guys are awesome. Always finding the best things

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter