final.

moonlight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

it's been a long day. first there was her MC job for inkigayo, then her birthday party with the fans, then the private celebration the girls had thrown later. it's been a good day, full of laughter and joy and memories that she'll cherish forever, but sooyoung would be lying if she said that she wasn't completely exhausted. 

she's laying in her bed, the room submerged in darkness as her heavy eyelids begin to finally drift closed. finally, time to rest–

"unnie?" yeri whispers, sliding out of her bed and into sooyoung's own, slipping under the covers in one swift movement. "i can't sleep."

sooyoung groans and flips over to face the younger girl, narrowing her eyes at yeri's barely-visible shadow. "seriously? i was about to fall asleep."

"tell me a bedtime story, unnie," yeri pouts, scooting closer to sooyoung in her small bed. "please?"

"fine," sooyoung sighs, trying her best to act the part of an annoyed unnie, but her heart is beating fast in her chest and it's only getting worse, especially with yeri's close proximity. "what do you want to hear about?" 

yeri turns around and snuggles into sooyoung's front, letting the older girl be the big spoon for once. (sooyoung would die if anyone ever found out, but when she has nightmares, the only thing that can calm her down is yeri's arms around her. it's nice to switch it up once in a while.) "tell me a story about love, unnie."

sooyoung's mind goes blank and suddenly she's struggling to form sentences, something that's becoming way too common when she's around the younger girl. what is she supposed to say? (sooyoung falls in love every time yeri wakes up with sunlight shining through her hair, falls in love every time yeri texts her a selfie in the middle of the day, falls in love every time yeri sings english songs to herself in the middle of the night.) "okay," she whispers into yeri's dark brown hair. "i can tell you a love story."

"once upon a time, there was a girl named yerim living in seoul. she had the voice of an angel, and she was the most beautiful girl in the city–"

"in the entire city?" 

"yes, yeri, in the entire city. now shhh, let me tell the story," sooyoung sighs, draping an arm around the younger girl's waist. "everyone wanted her, but there was only one person who she desired."

"who?"

"i'm getting there," sooyoung whines, enjoying yeri's little giggles. "

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter