final

Late Regret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been a year after Jeonghan left Seoul for his own good. Leaving those painful memories behind, aside from the misery he buried within Soonyoung’s ash, he wanted to live anew, far from anyone could espy him. He wanted to make a good memory of himself, in a new circumstance. At least, he wanted to please himself, love himself more, because he knew no one would love him more than himself. 

Living alone in Hungary was likely a challenge for him, totally new and kind of urging himself to live like a local one and do away with all bad stories beyond. He had no one to rely on, plus he had no ability to speak in the local language. Moreover he got broken English to support him living in a foreign country. It was difficult for him, but it was better than still living in Seoul or Korea where anyone would bring him back into torment. Nonetheless, not, no one noticed his absence thus far. People who knew him, simply took it as a new job that stealing Jeonghan from their circle. Hmm and Jeonghan were glad to perceive that people surrounding him, probably gave out an opportunity for him to get off his unhappy zone. Sending him away far from Korea, cluelessly they never was discovered that he departed on the same day Soonyoung was sent away. 

Now, he was here, watching the classical performance inside a cafe with a nice drink. His mind otherwise did not exist, simply aimlessly wandering back to the past, to the day he met the person Soonyoung loved dearly. The person he almost hated to the death if only he had a slight feeling for someone. 

 

“Hyung, ” a familiar voice greeted him. Jeonghan turned around, setting an emotionless look. He wore all black outfit and had a straight face. It was not good for Seokmin’s day. Something was turned off his concern. “So..” 

“I’ll need to go to the point, okay?” Jeonghan instantly reduce to. The younger nodded. 

“Soonyoung has loved you till he died.” 

Seokmin dropped his jaw agape. He never imagined hearing a joke with a straight look over someone’s face, but it felt different. He tipped his head to one side.

“You’re joking, right?” Seokmin cracked an awkward smile, regardless of how Jeonghan kept setting his look same. He almost laughed. 

“No, because Soonyoung almost made me laughed enough if he didn't sing the same song over and over again.” 

“Song?” His thought pondered back to the time, scanning all the songs they shared mutually. But one song caught him to be a limb. “That song,” he muttered silently. 

Jeonghan stomped, dragging his feet to be close to the latter. As he got closer, he patted Seokmin’s back. 

“The lover he meant was you,” he said, leaving the poor man by himself afterward. 

Before he could leave completely, Seokmin stopped Jeonghan’s step by a simple question. “Where is he?” 

“Gone,” he answered, which made the latter roaring loudly until anyone ran to the young man and be worried about what he was doing, as if he was possessed. 

 

Jeonghan chuckled. He clapped his hand as the performance took a break for some time. He shall not mope about it, but he did otherwise. Although it had been a year, he utterly could not chase away that reminisce of it. Like it would stay fresh inside his head, replaying again and again when he wished to. 

He sipped the drink, piercing the cake by a fork, feeding himself. It was like a normal day and he became acustomed to it. Everything would do alone. 

He walked down the alley, passing one stall to another stall at the side as he trailed back to the way where he could get out of the crowd for a while. It seemed not helping overall to spend a moment with the drink and good music supporting it. All the forgotten memories, it came over back to him, gave a strike to him as well for over and over again. Like the wave that always came back to the land, it hit him hard yet it soon left him alone with the heartbreak. 

He let out a stoical sigh. The pain was still lingering, also drove him hard to breathe, even for the slight take. It was difficult for Jeonghan. Because the torment, left a considerable trace inside him and took something he did not regret after what thing had been confronting him. 

Jeonghan strolled the path still, stealing a glimpse of the stall. He found nothing to take his eyes to halt for a moment, so he kept on his foot walking down the alley until the end. It was probably a long journey for him to help forgetting everything inside for a short period. 

After two hours he took a walk, he stopped by an unexpected moment, well guess it, by an extraordinary person. 

He stepped back, trembling abruptly at the sight. He bit his lips, frightening as he popped out his eyes widely. 

The person showed him an awkward smile, rubbing the back of his head in a clumsy move while the person stepped forward to address him. 

“Jeonghan…” 

Silence. Everything deafened down at the moment. Every buzzing outside seemed mute in one way. And Jeonghan was being speechless, neither willing to greet, not have a gut to face that person. It was not like he was afraid. He just wanted to shun everything related to the person he saw right now. Although he had gotten rid the feeling long time ago, however it seemed unworked like he wanted. 

A little step closer. “Jeonghan, it’s me. I’m sorry.” 

He kept silent, foot still backed away. On the other side, Joshua exerted himself to bring to near to Jeonghan. 

“Jeonghan— baby, I’m sorry.” 

Jeonghan instantly stiffened then squinting his eyes at him. “I’m not your baby. It’s only Seokmin for you.” 

“It’s my mistake, we can get into it, can’t we?” 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter