The Horror of Kim Mingyu

Don't Kiss Me I'm Scared!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mingyu turned up for our date (gosh, is this really one?) in a new shirt that happened to match with the colour of my checkered boyfriend shirt that day, his distinctive backpack on his back. Vernon and Minghao had tried to convince me incessantly that putting on an ugly dress would still be better than the best oversized shirt or torn jeans I had in my closet. "It's a date for God's sake, not one of your shopping trips!" Vernon rolled his eyes for the nth time as he and Minghoa tried (to no avail) to get me to buy a dress. 

 

They didn't understand. The last thing I needed was to turn up looking like a clown to entertain my own wishes. Mingyu knew me for the girl who never wore dresses, and I would only feel like being myself in my comfy tattered pair of jeans. I did, however, scrub my sneakers so clean they looked brand new. 

 

"So, what are we up to today?" His eagerness was visible through his tapping feet and his inability to stay still that morning. He had arrived a tad bit too early that morning and waited outside my door at the dorms, so Hyeyoung nicely helped me buy some time by having a short exchange with him at the door while I straightened the beanie him and Minghao gave me for my last birthday atop my head. He grabbed my shoulders and rushed my down the stairs, all the while humming a happy tune I didn't recognise. 

 

"I got two movie tickets to watch a horror movie, and then there's an amusement park nearby we can hop to. All from my lucky draw winnings at the supermarket." I wasn't lying. I did win those tickets. It was a matter of whether I used it on my roommate or Mingyu. Sorry Hyeyoung. 

 

"Ah...so that's how you get repaid for errands? You sure are one of a kind." 

 

Thank goodness he was too happy to pay attention to anything, or he might have picked up on my blush in that instant. 

 

The unsettling feeling in my stomach started up again when we arrived at the cinema. It's not that I've never watched a movie with Mingyu, it's just that we've never watched it together alone. Minghao (and occasionally Vernon) was always there since movie outings were usually after class, when all three of us would spontaneously decide to catch the latest picture before a night study session. Mingyu and I were always more critical about the films, and Minghao would just be there watching the drama unfo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter