o1. when he's honest

My Boyfriend (나의 남자 친구)

I knew from the start that my boyfriend's not big on skinships. His interaction with his friends prove that. It's sometimes frustrating, you know?

Don't look at me like that. A girl needs some loving too. I want to hold his hand, kiss him on the cheek, or even hug him just because I want to. But I don't, in fear of being rejected. Junhoe's one unique man, I can tell you that.

Speaking of which, a husky voice rang in my ears, its owner the one currently lingering in my mind. "What are you thinking?"

I blinked. "Junhoe... you're here?"

Placing an energy drink on the table, my boyfriend gave me a shrug while passing behind to occupy the seat beside me. His very presence made me put down the ballpen I was tapping against my cheek, a habit of mine whenever I get bored studying.

"What's this?" I asked, picking up the cold brown bottle on the table.

"An energy drink," he replied and I could almost tell that he was close to rolling his eyes.

I couldn't help but frown. I know that when you get into a relationship, you have to embrace everything about your partner, good and bad. But for me, there are still things I couldn't understand about Junhoe. One of this is his point-out-the-obvious answers. It just comes off as rude for me.

As if reading my mind, he sighed and gave me a much better reply. "It's for you. You look like you need it."

Now that's better. I unscrewed the cap off and gave him a smile. "Thank you! I thought I was gonna pass out from studying too much."

I suddenly grew conscious as I gulped the contents down my throat. My boyfriend had this smoldering gaze aimed at me. But then again, even his resting face had his eyes set to this kind of gaze that makes my knees weak. It sent a chill down my spine, in a good kind of way. Admittedly, he looked so hot like that.

Embarrassed about that thought, I blurted, "What?"

"Nothing."

"Junhoe."

"It's really nothing."

"You know I hate it when you do something like that. Speak up sometime for me." As I heard what I said, I realized it sounded harsh, so I added aegyo to my last sentence. "Please?"

His reaction was a faint smile with him ruffling his hair. He went on to lean his chin on top of his hand, his fingertips grazing my cheek softly like a feather. Junhoe may not be big on skinships, but when he does, he makes sure it'd make my toes curl.

"Nothing. I just thought randomly how I'm lucky to have you."

That sent me spiraling. "Really?"

He nodded once.

"Really?"

"Chaeyoung, how many times do I have to repeat myself?"

"Well, this is rare, even with someone frank like you. Usually, you don't admit to positive things, right?"

"I'm with that with the guys. You're... different."

"How am I different?" I countered.

"For starters, you're my girlfriend. Of course my treatment with you will not be the same. Secondly, those jerks need me to slap the truth in their faces since they look stupid. And lastly, how can I not treat you different when you make me feel like everyday's a dream?"

His words was enough to send my heart racing. Maybe the reason why Junhoe doesn't need skinship to validate himself is because he has a way of words already, knew from the start that it was enough to send me on fire. And he knew the right words to say at the right time.

As I analyzed his words carefully, I thought of something else, something I want to genuinely find out.

"Then can I do this?" I leaned my head on top of his shoulder.

He s his arm around my waist and pulled me closer. "Of course."

Smiling, I then confirmed that yes, I don't have to live in fear of being rejected by him. I am different from them after all.

~🌸tbc.
edited