Goodbye Home

Sweet Experiment

Destiny is laying on her bed reading her favorite manga book and eating her honey bun at the same time. Her manga book talks about a fujoshi, overweight girl, who turns into a beautiful, skinny, and healthy girl; who made five hot guys fall in love with her, but she wants them to be together so it will help with her fantasies. "Hmm...if only it happen for me too...about my weight." she thoughts as she finishes her honey bun and continue reading. Until suddenly, her mother barge into her room. "You're still not dress yet. Come on. We got to go shopping." Her mother said.
 Destiny rolls away from her mother. "I'm not going so I will look like a fatso out there. Go out without me." Destiny said. "I did not raise a coward. Now get up and take a shower!" her mom shouted. Destiny groans. "Fine." Destiny got out of bed, picked an outfit out of her closet, and went into the bathroom. There, she showered, thinking about her weight. Her belly is bigger than her s, and her hips is wide enough to touch both the shower wall and the shower curtain. She feel so embarassed to look at herself like that, and to go out looking like a fat pig out there. As bad enough as it is in her high school, people always call her fat for many years, including some of the younger kids. But she always grasp hope that she still have friends, who may not have the same weight as her, and her teachers who help her with her problems. Sometimes, her mom might help her try to lose weight but didn't work out. 
After when Destiny got out of the shower, she dresses up. She sometimes struggles with the jeans, which suppose to stretch. "Guess it's the right time to buy new jeans." She got out of the bathroom, put on some fragrance, and earrings that goes well with the outfit. Being stylish may suit very well to a skinny and healthy person, but at least Destiny is beautiful in some outfits she wears. She met up with her mother at the front door. They got out of the house and went inside the car. Her mother drive them to the city, where most of shopping takes place. The city is known as Denver, Colorado. It's not that big, but at least it got some big buildings. 
Her mom parked in the garage, which leads to a nearby mall. They got out of the car and started walking toward the entrance of the mall. Inside the mall consists of many stores and food courts, even vending stalls. The mall is big enough to have elevators, escalators, and stairs. For some reason, her mom decide to use the stairs. Destiny hate the stairs. She know that it help burn alot of calories, but it tire her out and ache her legs. Until they reach the second floor, Destiny try to keep herself from falling by holding the stair rails. Her mother looked at her worried. She hold her hand so she will make it to the nearby benches. "I know this is a frustrating exercise, but it helps with..." Her mom spoke but got interrupted by Destiny. "I know, mom. *pants* It helps *pants* with burning *pants* calories." 
"I'll get you some water. Be right back." Her mother left her daughter to go find a vending machine that have a water bottle for Destiny. While Destiny is waiting, some group of high school students who are probably from her school, snickering while staring at her. Destiny hides behind her long, dark-brown bangs and try not to cry. She knows that she's fat, and others don't know how she feels. Turns out, it all started when she was 6 years old. Her father used to be part of the family, until he have to go out to Afghanistan to fight for the country. Sadly, he didn't make it back home alive. It aches mostly to Destiny's heart to succumb to the desires of eating so she will feel better. But now she let her emotions get the better of her; about her weight. She have to do something that won't make her look like a freak.
"I'm back!" Her mother shouted for Destiny. Destiny wipes her tears away so her mother won't see them. "Here. Are you alright?" Her mother looks worried. Destiny is trying not to cry again. "I'm fine, mom. Thank you." Destiny started to drink the water out of the water bottle. Her mother sighs. "I know bringing you here is suppose to be good for you, but I guess it's not. I guess living here doesn't cut out either." Her mother whispered. Destiny didn't hear the last part. "Huh?" Destiny asked. "Nope, nevermind. Heheh. C'mon, let's buy you some new clothes."
The next day is school day. Destiny was talking to her friends who are all nerds of watching anime, reading books, and playing video games at their personal lunch table. Destiny loves to talk to her friends about some things like new anime shows and japanese snacks. "Oh yeah, I brought some Pocky's!" said Sally, Destiny's best friend since middle school. She is a white teenage girl, who likes romance and harem anime shows. She is also the only friend who have contact to japanese products. "You never cease to amaze me, Sally." Destiny said, as she picked one Cheesecake-flavored Pocky out. "I know right! And I still want to know where do you get these stuff that is all the way from Japan." said Jeff, the black boy who likes first-person shooter games and action anime shows. "Well, I got it from this website called Tokyo Otaku Mode. They got alot of stuff from Japan. Anime products, japanese snacks, cool merchandise, you name it!" Sally explained. "Hahaha! You sound like you could be in a commercial right about now." Mel laughed. Mel is a teenage girl who came from Brazil. She likes historical anime and adventure games. She even like mystery books. "Can Destiny Hooks please come to the office please?" said the speaker of the cafeteria. Everyone said "oohs" and picked on her of what she did this time, for example eating the principal's lunchbox. Destiny felt so ashamed, but of course her friends will cover for her. As Destiny went inside the office, she only see the principal inside. "Please, come to my office, Destiny." said Principal Mowen, the white principal, who's been a principal of her school for nine years. Destiny followed him to his office. Principal Mowen sat on his personal chair. "Please, sit down, Destiny." He lead her to sit down in front of him, across his desk. "Am I in trouble, sir?" asked Destiny, worried that she might be in trouble. "No, not at all. You've been a good student to me for almost a year and I'm saddened to say that I'm going to miss you." 
"What do you mean?" 
"Your mother is planning to move to another country with you. And that country is Japan."
"What?!"
"Yes. You see, your mother have also talked with her job about moving and they accepted because they have the same job as hers in Japan, so she will be transferring there. And as for you, you will be a tranferred student at Machinoka Public High at Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan."
"How come my mother didn't tell me?"
"I'm not sure. Maybe she went to work early, unless you're a bus rider."
"No! I was never a bus rider."
"Don't take your frustrations out on me. Talk to your mother about this explanation. Only she know about this situation."
Destiny sighs. "Okay."
The next day, Destiny and her mother is already packing to move to Japan. Destiny's friends are outside waiting to say goodbye to Destiny. "Have fun at Japan! You're so lucky!" said Sally. "I'm going to miss you, Destiny. Text us okay!" said Jeff. "Tell us of how you're doing there okay, Destiny?" said Mel. "Okay, guys." Destiny hugged her friends. "I'm going to miss you." Destiny started to cry. "Aw~ Don't cry." said Sally, holding her. Her friends started to comfort her. Her mother saw the scene and became saddened as well that she have to leave her friends and family from America to go to a different country with different cultures and different beliefs. "Alright, Destiny let's go." said her mother, who is now ready to drive away to the international airport. "Okay. Bye guys. I'll text you through Facebook." said Destiny as she got in the car. Her friends waved goodbye. "I hope she won't forget us while she's there." said Sally.
At the airport, Destiny and her mom went through the corridor to the plane and find somewhere to sit. They are sitting in 3rd class part of the plane. Destiny looked outside through a window toward the sky, wondering what it's really like in Japan, and will everyone pick on her weight at her new school? 
Arriving at Tokyo Airport at Tokyo, Japan for like 11 hours or so, we woke up hearing the pilot saying "Welcome to Japan". The pilot have asian accent, which means he's probably Japanese. "Finally, we're here." her mom said as she got up and get her bags. Destiny got up and got her bags as well. Later on after getting out of the plane, they walk into the section where they see people holding up signs, which have names of their visitor. Destiny and her mom saw their names written on a paper; held by a tall, handsome man. Destiny and her mom walk toward the man and wave their hands to him. The man looks confused of their actions. "Oh right, I forgot." Destiny bowed to the man as a greeting, while her mom doesn't. "Bow down like this mom. It's how they greet people." said Destiny. "Oh, sorry." her mom bow down as well. "W-welcome. Th-thank you." the man said with his japanese acccent. Destiny and her mom stood up. "D-do y-you k-know um...s-speak Japanese?" questioned the man. "I do, a little bit." said Destiny, making a hand gesture to show how little she know Japanese. "I don't understand Japanese." her mom said. "Mom! Then whats the point of coming here if you don't know Japanese?" said Destiny, getting upset with her. "Calm down. I did bring a Japanese coursebook and dictionary, and I even bought a Rosetta Stone language program. That way I'll know Japanese, and you should too." said her mother. "Um..." said the man, getting their attention. "W-we m-must um...g-go. Please. F-follow." said the man, walking toward outside to the parking lot. At the parking lot, stands out a limo. "Wow!" said Destiny. "Y-you t-two. Ride th-this." said the man, who is putting their bags in the trunk of the limo. "Thank you so much." said Destiny's mom, bowing. "Thank you very much!" said Destiny in Japanese. Their is surprised that Destiny can speak Japanese. "Your welcome." said the man. "What did he say to you, Destiny?" her mother whispered to her. "I forgot. I think he probably said 'Your welcome' to me." said Destiny whispering too. 
They got in the limo, and their drive them to their hotel. They got out the limo, got their bags, and carried them toward the entrance. The helps them by carrying the bags and speaking in Japanese for a place to stay. The hotel host told him the hotel room number, and they start going to that room. Their lead them to their room, open the door, and got in to place their bags on the floor. "Th-this is your r-room k-key." said the man who is back to his broken English. He gave Destiny's mom their room key. "N-nice to m-meet you t-two." said the man, leaving the room and closed the door. "What a gentleman, despite of him being so feminine looking." her mother said. "Mom! He just don't even work out as much." said Destiny, plopping on their king-sized bed. Her mother sighed. "Tomorrow morning, you'll be attending at your new school. You will have Japanese classes teaching Japanese to you so you will learn more about their language." her mother explained. "I know." Destiny said as she turn away from her mother. Her mother sighed again. "I know it's tough to live in a foreign country without knowing their language, laws, and culture, but we can go through this. Besides, I'm planning on taking you to gym for the whole month." her mother said happily. Destiny grab a pilliow and screamed inside it. 
The next day, her mother left to start her transferred job at a sister location of her original job. Destiny saw that her mother left her a uniform with long skirt and knee-stockings, and black clad shoes. Her uniform is the right size for her heaviness. "Maybe I should go to the gym with mom. It won't hurt, won't it?" Destiny thought. She washed up, put on her uniform set, and went out the door with her school bag and spare room key. It was long walk to school. At least she made it to beat the school bell ringing. While she walks toward the school entrance, every student starts staring at her. Destiny feels uneasy. "What are they looking at? Is it because I'm fat?" she thought as she ran to school. She pants for air and remembered that she have to take off her shoes and put on some school slippers. She did that and walk through the hallways to find the office. The office was around the corner, luckily for her, so she went inside the office doors. The principal, or dean, of the school is already waiting for her. "Here." said the dean, speaking in good English. He gave her a paper of which classes she need to take. 1st period is Japanese; 2nd period is Biology; 3rd period is Physical Education (figures); and last period is Japanese history. Homeroom is in the same class as her 1st period. Destiny bowed to him so she can acknowledge him; thanks to what she seen in j-dramas and anime. She walked away from the office and try to find her 1st period class. She found it by going upstairs, which is tiring. While she's at the entrance of her 1st period, she felt nervous that she swallowed . The teacher of the class, who's a woman, saw her and smiled. The woman faced her students and shouted that Destiny is going to be their new classmate. The woman then faced Destiny and motioned her hand for Destiny to come to where she's at. Destiny followed directions and stand in front of the class. Everyone gasped and stare at her like they never seen her before. Some look at her in awe, while others look at her disgusted. "Do you speak Japanese?" said the teacher in broken English. "A little." said Destiny, quietly. The teacher nods that she understands her. "My name is Amatchi Mana. You can call me Amatchi-san. And I want you to sit behind that sleepy one over there." said Amatchi-san, as he pointed at the sleepy, handsome guy with black, shaggy hair and long eyelashes. Destiny is about to go where the sleepy guy is at but she was stopped by Amatchi-san. "Oh, where are my manners? Please, introduce yourself in front of the class." she said, smiling. Destiny felt nervous and shy. "M-My name is...Destiny. Destiny Woods." she said as she turn to look at Amatchi-san, who is writing in Japanese for her. Everyone said "ooh's" alot. Destiny started to go to her seat behind the sleepy guy. As she did that, the sleepy guy woke up to see her walking behind him. Destiny sat down behind him, and he raised his head and turn around to stare at Destiny. Destiny caught more of his looks now. He's really handsome with a small beauty mark beside the corner of his upper lip, dark brown eyes, long eyelashes, and black, shaggy hair which is medium sized. Destiny blushed of his staring and looks, even though he can't see them because she have brown skin. Throughout the whole period, he stare at her for that long. Destiny don't even know what to do to study from her class because of him. Once class have free time, he went back to sleep. Destiny was confused of him going back to sleep. The other classmates start coming to Destiny's table to ask her some questions in Japanese, which she cannot answer at all. "Um...um..." Destiny don't know what to say. The bell rang, gladly. Everyone went back to their seats to get their school bags and left the room. The sleepy guy went out of his seat too, groaning that he didn't get enough sleep. Destiny got up too, but was stopped again by Amatchi-san. Amatchi-san gave her a paper in English about a homework talk about writing vocabulary in kanji five times. She also gave her a Japanese alphabetical sheets of Hiragana, Katakana, and Kanji. 
After when Destiny thank her teacher for homework, she went to find the Biology class. It was down stairs, almost close to what it looks like a concession stand with vending machines beside it. She went toward the door, then suddenly she bumped into someone who was holding some chemical stuff. Some splashed on her uniform and body. Embarassed, she try to ran away but slipped from the remaining chemical liquid on the floor and hit her head; knocking her out after. She suddenly hear noises and screams in Japanese. She almost caught sight of the man who bumped into her. "I have to take her to the infirmary. She was exposed by my chemicals, which might have some effect in her. Those effects will be..." said the man who bumped into her. "What effects? And who is he talking...too?" she thought as she fainted. After for a few hours, she woke up in the infirmary. She feel lightweighted for some reason so she try to check her body. The man who bumped into her showed his face. He is also a handsome man with dirty blonde shaggy hair with glasses on his head. He have green eyes, a lab coat, brown shirt, and green pants. He saw her and dropped his stuff in shock. Destiny also couldn't believe her eyes. Destiny have lost weight miraculously in the best shape ever; with curves by hips and bust. The effects that the man spoke of is losing weight!

A/N: Wow! I wonder what her mother will think of this. Who was that man talking to? And will this kind of weight change her life? Find out next time for chapter 2 until the end of next month. Depending if I have internet or not. lol XD Subscribe this story or follow me, my 100% cuties!