five

Maybe, this time

Chapter 5

 

It was 5 in the afternoon when I decided to leave the hospital and visit jinyoung hyung’s condominium which was located beside mine. I wanted to know his condition since things didn’t turn out well that morning. I passed by his favorite restaurant to buy him his favorite shake and pizza since he wasn’t feeling well the pass few days already. He said that he’s been feeling that heart burn of his every time he’s feeling stressed in the hospital.

 

After waiting for my order, I hopped on the bus and went straight to Seoul Hyatt Plaza, where our condominium was located. I went straight to the elevator and pressed the 15th floor where jinyoung hyung’s floor was at. Upon arriving I immediately pressed the buzzer.

 

“jiinyoung hyung are you there?” I said while looking through the camera of the security lock monitor. I’ve been pressing the buzzer for at least five times already and I don’t see any progress of him opening the door.

 

I decided to call him through his phone hoping that he will answer it.

 

“Hello? Thank God you answered hyung”

 

“Yeah, sorry youngjae, I was asleep”

 

“figures, I’m outside your door. Mind opening it?”

 

“yeah, wait”

 

“What’s with the grunting hyung? Are your hurt somewhere”

 

“Nothing just *sigh* I’ll coming over, hung up already”

 

By the time he opened the door, I already hanged up the phone. Judging by his appearance he looks like he wasn’t able to get some sleep at all, he had huge eye bags, his hair was a mess and the looks like he’s in deep pain.

 

“hyung what happened to you?” I said while assisting his back to his bedroom. I placed the things I bought in his coffee table, then tucked him in his bed.

 

“Nothing, I wasn’t feeling well since this morning” he said trying to look normal at least.

 

“are you sure? Do you feel this way because of what happened earlier?”

 

“Yes and no, I’ve been having this heart burn about two months ago. I think it’s because we always forget to eat lunch that’s why gastric juices rise.”

 

“ok now that you’ve mention, I bought pizza from your favorite resto. How about we eat some slices” I said why getting up from the bed and walking towards the coffee table where I left the things I bought.

 

“Yeah, I’ll just go to the bathroom”

 

 

Jinyoung

 

“Yeah, I’ll just go to the bathroom” I said trying to get up and walk towards the bathroom. I’ve been feeling sick since the last few weeks. And it trying to get in the way of my everyday activity. I would feel tired than usual and I would get the dizzy spells when I do too much work. But Dr. Tuan would be my source of medicine since he’s been my inspiration and my ultimate crush to get the work done every day.

 

It’s been 5 years since the first time I saw him, I was only an intern that time and I went here, to Seoul, to visit my grandfather, who was confined in Seoul Medical Hospital. We were hoping that he would still be cured but I guess luck wasn’t at his side since his cancer was already at stage 4.

 

Then I saw him. He was already one of the leading doctors of the hospital. He was still then assigned in the emergency department, Neuro center. He was good at assigning tasks to different interns, he thinks fast and he knows what to do. I said to myself that I wanted to be just like him. I bumped onto him one time I was really sorry, he was in the middle of something very important and here I was making a mess. But then he said “it’s alright, boy. Just look at where you’re going next time. You might get pricked by needles” while giving off that wonderful smile.

 

As I was nearing the door of the bathroom, I suddenly felt a stabbing pain on my left chest and grew lightheaded, the pain was unbearable that I had let out grunting noises which I guess was heard by youngjae since the last thing I remember was him running towards me and holding me unto his arms while shouting “hyung!”

 

 

~~”~~

 

“hello? Oh! dear where are you? Our guest just arrived” the lady on the other side of the table said, while looking at me and my parents, smiling.  I guess that would be my future husband she’s talking to, which is their son.

 

I am currently seated together with my parents in one of the fanciest restaurants in Seoul. My parents actually arranged me in a wedding with a guy who is said to be our family friend. I really do not mind being forced to marriage as long as I make my parent’s happy, I am fine with it.

 

Usually a person being forced to marriage would throw tantrums or find reasons that they’re still young and they want to live their life to the fullest. And my mom and dad are not getting any younger they wanted to have grandchildren that would be running around the house and I want to fulfill their wishes.

 

“What!? Emergency? What happened?” as I silently listen to the conversation she’s having with her son.

 

“ok, I guess we have to postpone your meeting with him. It’s okay, love you, bye” she said hanging up. “I’m sorry my son can’t come today, he had a really important emergency to attend to”

 

“it’s alright how about we talk about the wedding preparation” I hear my dad say beside me.

 

“is it alright, jaebum ah” Mr. Choi said while looking at me.

 

“Yes, sure”