Cold Hands (1/2)

Cold Hands

Snow was falling ever so slowly and beautifully. It was peaceful to look at and it gave a warm feeling to my heart. I sipped onto my mug as I tasted the bitterness of the black coffee I brewed up this morning. I let out a small smile as I continued to admire the snowfall. I was interrupted by my phone ringing. Turning around, I bent down to grab my phone. It was Daehwi, my best friend. With a small smile, I answered and instantly I heard the noise of the cars driving past, a small honk, old ladies trying to advertise their street food, and people talking in the background. As I turned to look at the clock that was hung against the wall, I noticed that he was done with his violin lesson for today. 

"Hyung!" He said energetically.
"Daehwi." I sipped on my coffee again.
"What are you doing?" He asked in a loud voice. I heard cars honking in the background, yeah, definitely traffic hour. 

"I'm home, of course. Also drinking some coffee." I smiled through the phone, sat down on my couch as I gently laid my coffee mug down on the table. I leaned back as I looked out of my window again. "How was your violin lesson?" I asked as I placed my other hand on the back of my head.

"It was okay, the teacher was being mean to me today. Just because I couldn't get "Concerto, 2nd movement" down in two tries...tsk." 
I smiled as Daehwi began to complain about his lessons like he always does. I picked up my coffee mug and took a sip to notice it was getting a little cold. 
"What are you doing today?" Lightly clearing your throat, you placed the cup down once more. 
"Mmm.." Daehwi began to think. I could imagine him tapping his index finger against his chin while making his thinking face. I looked down at my hand and rubbed them against my linen pants. I swallowed my saliva as I started to get uncomfortable at his hesitant response.

"Not much, mother wants me home by 9 tonight. Why, did you want to meet?" Daehwi asked as his tone was raised with anticipation.
"Yes actually, I wanted to meet you. Can we see each other at the cafe that we always go to?" I asked as I looked out once more.
"Sure hyung, see you soon!" He excitedly said and hung up abruptly. I placed my phone down, let out a small sigh as I stood up walking slowly towards the big window. I admired the beauty of the snowfall, but for some reason, I began to feel empty.

-

I sat along the side where the big window was, opposite side of the entrance. I sipped on the hot black coffee while the steam of it covered my face, making me close my eyes. The bells above the door to the cafe chimed, I heard clear abrupt footsteps coming near. I softly smiled as I placed my coffee down fully aware that it was Daehwi.

The small figure stopped along the table, looking up knowing it was him. His lips curved upwards, displaying his straight teeth and his perfect smile. He waved at me as he sat at the opposite direction. He raised his hand and ordered a strawberry banana smoothie. He fixated his eyes towards my face, abruptly placing his hand against mine. 

"Did you wait long? Sorry, there were a lot of people today." He pouted lightly just in case he thought I were to be upset. I shook my head gently and showed him a soft smile.

"What did you want to do today? Why did you want to meet me?" He asked as the waitress placed down his smoothie. He grabbed it then started to drink it.
"It's snowing, reminded me of you then I missed you," I said as I let out a small laugh. "Thought that we could do something on your bucket list." My index finger started to gently rub his palm.

He looked at me with his thinking face again, making me let out a small chuckle, I was wondering what he was thinking. "What?" I asked.
"That is so random but sure!" He looked out the window to see the snow falling gently. His pink lips curved upwards again and he looked at me. "I've always wanted to go snow gazing." He said as he tightened his grip around my index finger. I nodded my head slowly as I placed a slightly confused look on my face. 
"But we're watching the snow fall right now," I said as I looked at Daehwi. He shook his head, looked at me with those soft puppy eyes, and smiled. "I wanted to go outside, at a nice big field, and watch the snow fall with the person I adore." His smile grew as he tapped his finger against my hand. His words made me give him a soft smile.