The Stranger

Stress Reliever?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Yongsun usually spend her weekend watching movies at home with her girlfriend. Or going out for dinner date. Or just stay in bed until she falls asleep in her girlfriend's embrace.

 

But not this weekend.

 

If it wasn't for her recent break up, she wouldn't feel as bored as this. Going to the bar with a friend of hers because she said it's a regular night where her crush visits this bar. She thinks her friend is acting a little like a creep for always sitting at the same table with the perfect view of her crush.

 

Surprisingly enough, her crush always sits at the same spot too.

 

She rolled her eyes.

 

I swear if they turned out to be liking each other and been doing this on purpose, I will just say it straight to their faces that they should just each other already—

 

Well, maybe that's a little too far.

 

She wasn't being serious either.

 

She sighs as she takes another sip of her drink. Nothing alcoholic in it since she was aware enough about her low alcohol tolerance.

 

Too bad for her friend, Ahn Hyejin, though she owns the company where Yongsun works at right now—meaning money is never a problem—she barely has the ability to have a serious relationship with anyone. No, she didn’t go around and screw with anyone she likes, in fact, she never really hook up with a single human being. Yongsun remember that one time she thought Hyejin was not fond of the word ‘dating’ or just be with someone else in general—she mistook her by thinking maybe Hyejin takes all relationship she has with people as a platonic thing and was sure nothing will lead a friendship into something more.

 

Later on, she understands what the younger woman means. She has the excuse of 'I don't go around and play with feelings' — it sounds a little naive but who is she to judge? Although, nobody would believe her if Hyejin admits to others that she has been single for all her life because she's waiting for "the one".

 

Alright, she needs to stop judging her friend's love life.

 

It's not like hers was any better.

 

She can hardly even move on from the last break up with her ex-girlfriend. Her ex been saying the same thing to her. "—but I still love you." but two days ago she saw her out with a girl—a girl that even by appearance, has way below Yong's level. But that's not the problem here.

 

Her ex lied to her and she hates it the most.



This should be one of her attempts in moving on. 14 months long she's been with her ex and now everything has to end. It takes time to get used to and though it's hard, she's still trying her best. She still remembers things about her. The little things she does, the small conversations, the light touches when their hands brushed against each other—

 

"Yah, unnie, you're crying again."

 

Great. This is a little embarrassing.

 

Yong looks away and tries to wipe her tears. "No, why would I be crying? It's just— some dust got into my eyes." But it was a horrible lie.

 

Hyejin knew better than that.

 

"Unnie, you really need to try going out again. Pick someone from the crowd—a good looking one and have a one-night stand."

 

Yong laughs at that. "Stop talking nonsense. I'm not really up for some bed action."

 

“It doesn't really have to be on the bed, you know.”

 

"Hyejin."

 

"Alright, I get it. But seriously, it's been almost a month. A month, unnie. It's really time for you to try getting into a relationship again. Not to mention, you must be in a lot of stress these days." Hyejin pats her on the head, acting as if she's the older one. "I think you'll need some…stress relief."

 

Yongsun only rolls her eyes again. "It's been exactly a month too that you've been spying on the same girl. Honestly, aren't you going to talk to her soon?"

 

"Now that you mentioned it. Yes, I’m going to talk to her. In fact," Hyejin got up from the couch with her confident smile. "I'm gonna go to her now."

 

Yongsun's eyes went wide. She was beyond surprised. Ahn Hyejin surely full of surprises.

 

"Are you, like, for real now?"

 

"Mmhm." She bends down and grabbed her phone. "Stay still and watch me, unnie."

 

Yongsun stood up in an instant to grab on Hyejin's arm. "W, wait—Seriously, are you really sure? I mean…" She took a quick look at Hyejin's long time crush and back to Hyejin. "Doesn't she look like…you know…underage?"

 

Hyejin frowns at that.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter