Chapter 4

How do we go against fate?

A short chapter shall suffice. I hope you guys continue showing this story love and supprt. Please do leave comments to keep me going (: Really appreciate everyone of you and do message me if you want or follow me @geuronimalhae on twitter. Next chapter will be juicy ;) take care and stay safe.

 

 


 

 

Irene's pov

 

You know how it's like finding the right one? It feels like pure bliss. It feels like you won't be alone anymore, you'll have someone with you through your good and bad days. It feels like life is actually worth living. It feels like having the world upon your two hands. 

 

It feels like you're always home when you're with them. 

 

Wendy makes me feel like I'm home. 

 

The thought of waking up everyday, knowing that Wendy is my girlfriend... It still hasn't struck me yet. It's been two years and yet Wendy does things that causes my heart to flutter, that makes me thank God for letting me live in the same century as Wendy. Because honestly, who would I be without Wendy?

 

As far as it's true that Wendy makes me feel a million things every single time, there's more to than just that. Wendy makes me feel like a woman. A woman who's worthy of love and living. And I don't think it's that easy to cross paths with someone like that. 

 

Every night, I pray. I pray to God that He keeps Wendy by my side, and that she never finds a reason to leave me. Although there are many reasons she could, I pray that she looks past all that and holds on to me. I've never loved anyone like how I love Wendy. I crave to crawl beneath her skin and memorise her every vein. I crave to call out her name each time we're apart. I crave for her attention, her love and her. 

 

Since the day my eyes laid upon her, I've felt whole. 

 

"An iced latte please?"

 

This sweet, sweet voice rang through my ears. I looked up to find the most beautiful being I've ever seen bending over the counter. With her blonde hair tied into a bun, her flannel slipping off her shoulders showing her dangerous collarbones and her brown eyes shining, anyone would take a second or a 1837822027730th look at this human. 

 

My jaw hung wide open, drowning in her beauty. Who allowed her to walk out of the house, looking like that? How could anyone even look like that? How lucky must it be to be her mirror.... To be able to see that wonderful fa-

 

"You alright?" 

 

I was taken out of my trance, and my eyes reverted back to meet hers. A familiar blush crept up to my cheeks. I rubbed the back of my neck, avoiding her eyes that were like a black hole. 

 

"Ye-yeah. Sorry. An iced latte, got you. Be right back.", i stammered horribly like a loser before rushing to pull a shot. 

 

She lets out a giggle. Even her giggle is perfect? How unfair. 

 

I was fighting with my feelings behind the machine. Why is she so pretty? Is she straight? Am I ugly? Is she single? Should I get her name? No stop, you shouldn't. But what if I don't meet her again? You-

 

"Um... I think you're pouring too much milk...", she pointed to the cup I was holding. 

 

I looked down to find the cup overflowing. .

 

She giggles again. Oh my god, stop. 

 

"Should I just grab an ice latte elsewhere? You don't seem so good.", she says softly with this ing amazing smile on her face. I get lost again. 

 

"Okay I'm gonna leave now.", she immediately turns her back but I hold onto her arm. 

 

She pivots, looking so confused. 

 

"Don't go. You're so pretty, I can't focus. I promise you, I'm usually better than this. I'll make you one, on the house. Just turn your back on me, your eyes keep me in." Where the hell did that confidence emerge from?

 

She slowly smiles. 

 

"Okay."

 

I successfully made her the drink and handed it over to her with trembling hands and chattering teeth. 

 

"Thank you, cutie. Should I use shades on our date then? Wouldn't want you to get lost in them."

 

My movements came to a halt. 

 

"A d-d-date?"

 

"Meet you tomorrow here at 8pm. Let's go stargazing. I'll stare into your eyes and you stare into mine."

 

Author's pov

 

Irene was on the way home, whistling to herself. She was feeling good. Her boss had just given her a pay raise and he had added on a week worth of leave! Luck was finally on her side. The sleepless nights of working overtime were paying off. This meant more time for her Wendy. They could finally finish season 8 of Adventure Time and catch up on the new season of Rick and Morty. 

 

She decides to take a shortcut to their home. Wendy always advised her never to take that path since it was filled with dark alleys and scary people but Irene was willing to take that risk tonight. She couldn't waste any second at all. She really wanted to see Wendy right now.

 

She takes a left turn here and a right turn there, skipping away as each step brings her closer to her lover. The moon was eliciting a strange aura tonight but Irene could care less. 

 

She suddenly hears footsteps behind her and her ears perked up. They weren't tricking her right? She  brushed it off but decided to pick up her pace. The footsteps got faster and louder. 

 

She was starting to regret disregarding Wendy's words. Wendy always knew best. She began to walk even faster before finding herself running. The suitor followed suit and fear started to consume her every cell. Bad thoughts were rushing through Irene's mind. 

 

What if she didn't make it? What if she dies. What if no one ever finds her?

 

But still, all thoughts led to Wendy. 

 

She wanted to get back home to Wendy. 

 

The suitor was not far behind. Irene pushes through, running as fast as her two legs could carry her. She wasn't going down tonight. Not when Wendy was probably waiting for her by the door, with a cup of cocoa in her hand. 

 

"Stop! I'm not trying to hurt you, Irene!"

 

Irene abruptly stopped. It was a lady. And how the did she knew her name?

 

Irene slowly turned, approaching the stranger cautiously with both hands balled into fists placed infront of her. 

 

"Reveal yourself! Who are you?!", Irene yelled angrily, hoping to intimidate the woman. Knowing her personal information was exposed to the anonymous, her senses were on a higher alert. 

 

The stranger let her hood down, brushing her red hair out of her face. 

 

"I'm Wendy's soulmate."


Wendy was anxiously waiting by the door. The hot cocoa was getting cold. What was Irene doing? Why was she taking so long? Why wasn't she picking up her phone? Wendy couldn't stem the growing fear in her body. Wendy was just hoping everything was okay. 

 

She suddenly caught a glimpse of Irene. She rushed to the older girl, enveloping her in a hug. 

 

"Where the have you been? I was so worried... Why didn't you inform me about anything?!", Wendy screamed. She didn't mean to burst at the girl or anything but her emotions were beyond her control. She thought something terrible really happened to Irene. 

 

Irene kept mum, pushing Wendy off before heading into their bedroom. 

 

"What's wrong with you?", Wendy questioned, holding onto the older's shoulder. 

 

Irene looked at Wendy with dead eyes. Wendy stepped back for a moment. 

 

This was the first time she had seen Irene like that. Her eyes had nothing. Her eyes showed no emotions or anything. It was like she had no love in her eyes anymore. 

 

Wendy holds onto both Irene's arms more desperately this time. 

 

"What happened, babe? You're scaring me. Why do you look as if your soul has been out of you?"

 

Irene closes her eyes, letting a lone tear run down her left cheek. 

 

"Try feeling anything if you find out your girlfriend already has a soulmate."