you're fast, i'm slow | chapter two

your image in the sunset | a love story

you're fast, i'm slow
                                                                                                                                                                                    
chapter two

 

“God, Chilhyunnie,” Heejun sighed, throwing himself over, what Kangta figured was, his bed. Heejun and Kangta were assigned to be roommates, Whoohyuk and Tony as another pair and Jaewon roomed with their manager. These room assignments were almost predetermined, as they happened every time they went somewhere. Even at home, in their dorms, they had this arrangement so Kangta was a little confused as to why they fussed about it every time…. “She was beautiful! I only wish I could have spoke to her…”

Kangta got the full scoop from his band-leader; she was petite, with long black hair and big black eyes. Her skin was tanned and quite perfect, from what he could tell. Kangta just sighed and said, “She might still be downstairs, go talk to her.”

“nahh…” Heejun sighed, “The odds of me catching up with her… besides, I don’t know if she knows Korean. She looked foreign…” Kangta shrugged and said it was up to him and that he was going to shower. Towel in hand, Kangta disappeared into the bathroom. Heejun just sighed again and rolled over, wishing by some luck that he’d see that girl again.

 

“Did you find it, Mia?” the girl asked as the other returned. She just sighed and sat down. The girls were identical in every way, the only real difference was a slight tonal one when they talked, everything else the girls created on their own to help their peers distinguish between them.

“I didn’t Cara,” Mia said, sighing again. She cursed this place, mainly because of her lacking knowledge of the Korean language. The girls were in the city, specifically in the country, to study Korean and improve their skills, which had happened – just a little. Mia looked up at her sister; the younger one looked back with curiosity glittering in her black eyes and if it weren’t for some stylistic differences, Mia would think she was looking at her reflection. Cara’s dark brown hair, dyed to create some difference, was pulled back into a ponytail, stylized with two braids trailing the side of her head; Mia’s hair was black and loose.

Cara just smiled at her sister and grabbed her purse. “Then we should pay,” she said matter-of-factly and Mia followed suite, “then we can look together.” The girls paid for the meal they ate in the hotel’s restaurant and proceeded to look for what Mia was looking for previously: a bathroom. Together, they found it easily and Mia was more than just a little frustrated.

“You know,” Mia began, turning on the water to wash her hands. Her sister was at the sink beside her, checking her make-up. “Looking for this place, I saw a very cute guy.”

“Doesn’t surprise me,” Cara replied, squealing when Mia flicked water at her.

“He was very… interesting,” Mia continued as if Cara hadn’t said anything at all. “He had long bluish hair, cut kind of like Nick Carter’s. Just longer; framed his face well.” Cara nodded and grinned, holding her hands up in defense when Mia scolded her for the look. “I didn’t get a good look at him, though, because the elevator doors closed.”

Cara hummed, “maybe you’ll run into him again?” Mia shrugged and pushed Cara towards the door. The girls left the hotel, returning to their own just down the street a little further. It was less glamorous but still just as nice, the girls walked past all the loitering tourists in the lobby to the elevator. Their room had a nice view of the street leading to the ocean – if you looked hard enough, Mia believed you could see the water. Cara wasn’t so sure.

They had two beds, nicely made every day by the friendly workers in the hotel. They had a desk and a table, a TV that got a couple channels clearly, others were a little fuzzy, and a kitchenette, complete with a sink, a microwave and a mini-fridge. The room was a little larger than they were expecting, but still a little small.

Mia threw herself over her bed and sighed. “I don’t want to go out today,” she said, “I just want to stay here and be lazy.”

Cara shrugged. “Ok,” she hummed, walking to the desk where she flipped open a notebook. “we don’t have to do anything.” Mia nodded and rolled over. “But we’ll go to the beach tomorrow?”

"Yeah…” Mia hummed, “tomorrow. I can’t wait.”


                                                                                                                                                                                    
end of chapter two