Inertia

Serendipity and Zemblanity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Inertia

Newton's First Law of Motion

An object at rest stays at rest and an object in motion stays in motion with the same speed

and in the same direction unless acted upon by an unbalanced force.

 

After a month of vacation, Jihoon already forgotten the thing that he saw, scratch that, he already buried it, no one knew it except him and him only. Jihoon decided to bury it deep. Yep he decided to do that. It is not like Guanlin is unlikeable, it is because Guanlin is likeable, it is really bad for Jihoon, if Jihoon is his destined partner then the whole world will judge them and that is what Jihoon hates to happen, he don’t want to make Guanlin unhappy just because there is something destined for him. Jihoon also had a trauma with the thing about destiny, he saw many failed DESTINY because of society, that is why don’t want to ruin what Guanlin have.

Reality is hard opponent, even DESTINY itself gets defeated, how much more if you are a mere human being who can see destiny. Jihoon sighed.

“Let’s not think about this anymore.”

Jihoon hoped that this will be the last time that he will meet his destiny.

Eventhough he knew it will never be.

 

~

 

When Jihoon was waiting for the train, his mom smiled at him and hugged him once again.

“Stay safe, okay?” Mrs. Park said.

“Of course mom.” Jihoon said. “Don’t stay up late, don’t eat late and don’t overwork yourself, okay mom?”

Mrs. Park laughed and kissed Jihoon’s cheek, “I will.”

“Mom...” Jihoon smiled, “I love you.”

“I love you too, son.”

And with that, Jihoon’s life as a 2nd year student has begun.

 

~

 

When Jihoon arrived at the dorm, he knew the rooms will be changed. So basically, him and Woojin and Hyungseob are not roommates anymore. He wonders who it will be this time. When Jihoon grabbed the room key he will be using, he immediately went to his room. Room 2033, that is kind of weird. Well, everything went weird after realizing his soulmate is a guy and not only a guy but a very tall guy. Since it is at the second floor, the rooms are kinda different from what he had when he was in First Year, now he had to share his room with 3 more guys and he wonder who they will be.

Jihoon sighed as he opened the door of his assigned room, and there he saw a guy, tall and a bit skinny, but have this broad shoulder, he resembles a dessert fox, and maybe Ditto of Pokemon. “Ah, you must be my new roommate?”

The guy nodded, “I’m Kim Yongguk...” he offered his hand for a handshake and then after that he looked away. That was a bit awkward.

“Park Jihoon.” Jihoon said with slight confusion, well, this is really weird, again and awkward. Why do things keep on getting weirder, is this his curse for being a 2nd year?

“Ah...” Jihoon looked at his roommate, “I’m sorry for being... weird.” Jihoon frowned.

“How did you know—“

“It is written all over your face.” Yongguk said.

“Ah...” Jihoon said, he thought maybe Yongguk have this special ability too, he hoped he had a cool one but Jihoon also hoped Yongguk don’t have one too. “Wait... are you... a sophomore?” Yongguk looked at Jihoon and Jihoon was taken back a little, but he felt at eased when Yongguk looked away to laugh, “W-what?”

“No... I’m a third year, I moved here because my friend who lived with me was hospitalized...” Yongguk explained.

“Oh...”

Then once again, they were eaten by silence, but Jihoon is comfortable with it, as he looked at Yongguk’s pinky finger, he smiled, Yongguk is connected to someone. It must be nice, being connected to someone, then Jihoon looked at his pinky, his red string is now connected to someone.

Jihoon sighed, “Why?” Jihoon looked at Yongguk. “What happened?”

“Ah... nothing... I’m thinking of something.” Jihoon said.

“Okay—“ then they heard someone knocking, so Jihoon, being the younger one opened the door, and he saw Kenta, Youngmin’s friend, smiling in front of him.

“I can’t believe we are roommates now.” Jihoon was amazed too, by Kenta’s sudden appearance. “Can I talk to Yonggukkie in private? We need to discuss something really important.”

Jihoon nodded, “Sure, I’ll just go to Daehwi’s room first, I kinda need his help too.”

Kenta smiled, “Thank you.” Then Kenta entered their room, Yongguk was just done unpacking his clothes so he sat on his bed, and he also asked Kenta to do the same, Jihoon’s bed, parallel to it, was still full of his luggage so Kenta suggested to sit on his bed. “Ah, Jihoonie, I think Daehwi’s roommate is someone new too, they are at Room 2001.”

“Thanks.” Jihoon said. “So... I... I’ll go now, I’ll be back later.” Then Jihoon left the room. Upon closing the door, he heard Kenta telling Yongguk to stop being awkward with Jihoon, and to stop answering him in words only, but answer him in full sentence, and Jihoon find it cute. He knew Kenta is somehow bright, good, kind, and awesome and the epitome of fluff ball, and Yongguk seems to be his opposite. He decided to check the fingers later; they are such a good match.

Jihoon was walking at the hallway, when he saw Hyungseob carrying boxes, “Hyungseob?” Hyungseob looked at him and smiled. Jihoon knew he dont have any choice but to help his friend.

“Are you the owner of these boxes?” Jihoon asked.

“No... Justin is the owner of these boxes that kid ran away after realizing that he needs to do this on his own.” Hyungseob said. “I’m going to find ways to let him pay for this.” Hyungseob’s tone is so serious that it even made Jihoon shivers.

“Are you sure you are not planning anything that is dangerous.” Jihoon asked.

“Nah, I’ll just ask him to pay for my lunch for a month, that kid is rich, so paying for my lunch is nothing for him.” Hyungseob said. Jihoon was amazed, earlier, you could feel Hyungseob’s bloodlust and now he was surrounded by flowers, the duality of Hyungseob is really amazing.

“Ah—“ Jihoon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter