ii. The 7th Sense | Automatic

Limitless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The 7th Sense | Automatic
| NCT U | Red Velvet |
(ii)
"A short but strong blue light
My seventh sense has awakened
One becomes two and sometimes becomes 100
The hardened world becomes flexible..."
- Limitless -
X

. T  A  E  Y  O  N  G .

Taeyong buttoned his sleeves as he walked to the mirror, a tie draped over his shoulder. He buttoned the last button at the collar before tying his tie.

Once his tie was adjusted properly, he fixed his hair and walked off. He took his blazer hanging on a rack and his laptop case and left the house. 

As he drove his car, he forced himself to not think about anything at all. Parking his car in his parking space, Taeyong donned his blazer as he made his way up the headquarters.

As he buttoned his blazer and adjusted his suit, he greeted the colleagues he saw with a nod. His expressions stayed the same when he greeted them.

'I would like to see the day he smiles.' 

Taeyong overheard his colleagues who just walked past. Taeyong didn't bother reacting but only quickened his walking pace.

Coming to a stop in front of a big door, he placed his eye near a scanner and he placed his thumb on a separate scanner as well. Taeyong waited for a 'beep' to emit and the door to open before he walked in.

He walked to his supervisor's office straight. Knocking on the door, he entered and bowed.

'Good morning, sir.' Taeyong greeted his supervisor formally.

'Good morning to you, Agent TY Jack.' The supervisor greeted with a smile and rummaged for a file.

'I would like to confirm my task that I've been assigned this evening.' Taeyong said politely and his supervisor smiled. 'Yes, everything is confirmed and here is the file that you'll need to work on as soon as possible.'

Taeyong bowed and took the file with both hands. 

'The information that you have been tasked to secretly acquire is of great importance to us, so I trust you know how to handle it well.'

'Yes, Sir.' Taeyong said and his supervisor smiled. 'Thank you, agent. You may be dismissed.'

Taeyong gave a final bow before exiting his office. He opened the file that was just passed to him as he made his way to his personal office.

He looked up from his file as he stopped in front of his office. It had been awhile since he had used his office. 

As he was granted access after identification, his eyes darted left and right as he familiarised himself with his own office again. Putting the document on the table, he took a seat and his eyes stopped at a photo frame that laid facing down.

Taeyong's hand reached out to lift up the frame, momentarily forgetting what picture was in the frame.

He froze when he saw who was in the picture and his hand almost proceeded to face it back down but Taeyong felt his lips curled up, prompting him to keep the photo frame up right.

He remembered that exact day that happened; he had never seen her this happy before. 'She wouldn't stop laughing and her eyes were like crescents...' Taeyong thought as he admired the photo of the both of them. His mouth forming a bitter smile.

Taeyong sighed. 'I ended that happiness we shared...' Taeyong thought as he continued to stare at the photo. He looked to his agent name in front of his table.

Taeyong stood up and walked to the window.

Taeyong walked wth heavy footsteps back to his house where she was. So many thoughts were racing in his mind as he recalled what his supervisor said to him. He had been driving for a few hours before he could park his car and return home.

'Agent TY. Do what you must to protect your loved ones. You're in a position that makes others vulnerable. I know you've been seeing someone for a long while but it will not be favourable to both you and her if you get into trouble and she might be a target.'

Taeyong looked to his supervisor; he was being serious and there was something grave about his expression. His supervisor may be jovial but this seriousness was unmistakenable.

'It's hard, TY, I know, I've been there done that but it was for the better. Your concealed identity doesn't make it healthy for such a relationship as well.' The supervisor continued and Taeyong was trying his best to digest whatever he said.

Taeyong sighed but tried to keep a straight face as much as possible.

'In this profession, you are almost alone. There are exceptions but you can't jeopardise your life or her life and the company as well.' The supervisor continued.

When he opened the main door to his apartment, he saw her reading a book by the sofa and she lifted her head up immediately..

She hopped off the sofa and went to him, hugging him, glad to see him home. He hugged her tightly and pulled her face closer to him.

When was he ever going to hug her like this again?

His heart was breaking as he looked at her face. After a long pause, Taeyong spoke.

'We..need to talk.' Taeyong said as he saw her face fall slightly. Taeyong fidgeted around before continuing what he had to say. He knew he would regret it but he couldn't compromise her safety.

The rain's intensity on increased as the tension between them increased...

Taeyong forced himself to snap out of it and he resumed his work.

For some reason again, Taeyong could feel his spirits being lifted each time he saw that photo and time didn't seem to pass that slowly today.

The sky was almost dark when it was time for him to go for the mission. He packed his table and took one more glance at her face in the photo frame.

He headed to the armoury and took whatever he needed and whatever was mandatory on his mission. Taeyong loaded the gun and fired a shot to test if it was functioning. He kept the gun in his blazer before walking out.

X

. S  E  U  L  G  I .

Seulgi opened the confidential envelope she'd recieve and read through the details. She then opened her tablet to refer to the document she'd sent out weeks ago.

As Seulgi read through the details, she nodded her head and walked around the house, taking out her outfit and her special bag.

It was a commisioned task and Seulgi was ready to accept it. It was satisfying for Seulgi because ever since he left, there wasn't much thrill in her life.

As evening drew near, she put on her outfit; a black halter top, black high waisted shorts and a pair of boots. She casually wore her black blazer and she combed through her blonde hair, deciding not to do anything with it. She popped on a floppy hat to prevent her hair from getting all over the place and to conceal her identity.

Seulgi was almost about to leave but she paused and walked to her room.

She stopped in front a drawer and contemplated. It had been a while since she opened this drawer, because for her past missions, she didn't need it.

She pulled the drawer out carefully and her eyes laid on the gun. She stared at it hard and long before she resolutely took it out and loaded it. She took the gun and hid it in her back pocket that was shielded by her blazer.

She took a case of tools and slid them into the pocket of her blazer before wearing her knee high boots. She slung her small backpack over and exited the house.

She made her way to the site of her operation. It wasn't a secluded area, in fact, there were many people at that time. Seulgi pulled her hat lower as she stealthily weaved her way around.

Taking an elevator, up, she was finally away from everyone and the environment had gotten significantly quiet. She treaded silently, finding a way to enter the protected area. She stopped when she saw a vent which was big enough for her to crawl through. Remebering the layout of the whole area, she unscrewed the vent.

After sealing the vent entrance, Seulgi crawled her way silently, her small navigator showing her where to go.

When she was inside, she unscrewed the vent and entered the unit. After screwing back the vent, she walked around the unit. Seulgi scanned the area and her eyes instantly spotted what she needed.

As she observed the condition of the room, she stopped a few feet away from the window. She saw a car stop just below the building from the window and she ducke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter