Anyone up for a party?

[currently] Seiko vs Horikoshi: Hidden Love

 

The brisk cold air sent down from Old Man Winter seemed to brutally push through the crowded busy city. It seems to want to leave no doubt that winter was only just starting. Along with the thick falling snow it proved its dominance is supreme, at least for the time being.

 

The month of December was closing; the festive activities of Christmas had only just ended the day before, yet the lights of Christmas were still twinkling-- calling out to all that still listened that the celebrations of the season were far from over.

 

Consequential, that was the main topic of discussion between the two girls who were seating at a local ramen shop that was hidden in small neighborhood in the concrete jungle called Tokyo, Japan. They sat in the corner next to a window, and from time to time the girl who had the longer hair of the two would watch the snow as she half-listened to her best friend talk about her “Stupendous Outrageous Marvelous” Party that was to be her New Year Eve’s party. It was actually going to be her first party.

 

Yuichi Nakamaru, the girl with the long hair, continued to half listen to her friend who was apparently super excited about this party. Turning her head from the view of the falling snow she attempted to focus her attention back to best friend Tatsuya Ueda.

 

“….so we are going to go shopping starting now after we finish here.” Tatsuya said. That statement made Yuichi widening her eyes while her lips turned down in a frown. When had the subject of shopping entered the conversation? She should have known that she needed to pay more attention to what Tatsuya was saying. She HATED shopping.

 

“Oh stop looking like that. It won’t hurt…much. But what girl DOESN’T like shopping?” Tatsuya asks as she takes a sip of her drink, while Yuichi just glares at her “ Oh wait…my best friend in the whole world.”

 

“Why are you making me go shopping? This is just a regular party right? Just us and some of your associates from school and your father’s business partners’ daughters right?”

 

“So you HAVEN’T been listening to me?” Tatsuya propped her face on both of her hands and looked at her friend square in the face. Tatsuya was a beauty that was noticed as soon as she entered a room. Her chin length amber-auburn hair highlighted her porcelain skin, it was styled where her bangs covered one o f her eyes; her eyes were almond shaped and perfectly spaced. Her eyebrows were thinly tweezed. On  anyone else it would seem overdone. But this was Tatsuya Ueda and she is never overdone.

 

“ Anyway, as I mention earlier, this party is My Party which means instead of inviting guest my parents decide I can invite anyone I want and it’s unsupervised.” She an eyebrow.

 

“Wait…key words here are ‘you decide the guest list’ and ‘unsupervised’ which can only mean one thing. There are going to be guys at this party?” Yuichi asked. Now her eyebrows are raised in question.

“Damn, straight!” Tatsuya smiles in approval that her best friend got it. “SO that means you can not wear those clothes that you wear every other day. You have a reputation to live up to. Which is why we are going shopping”

 

“What reputation? I have no reputation.” That was true. Yuichi didn’t have a reputation. She was barely acknowledged as a friend of Tatsuya’s at school. By all accounts she was a no-body and Yuichi thought she kind of liked it that way.

 

“That’s the point. Maybe beginning this year you can get a reputation. I mean Senior Year is almost over. Your high school life is about to end in six months and you will have nothing to show for it. No boyfriend, and no social life, again no boyfriend.

 

Why  is Tat-chan bringing this up? Yuichi wondered. Then a light bulb went off in her head.

 

“Does this have anything to do with Ryo?” Ryo was Tatsuya boyfriend.

 

“Not exactly..okay...maybe. I feel like I am leaving you out since Ryo and I started dating. So I was thinking that maybe I could invite some eligible guys to the party and maybe something will click then you and I could go on a double date.”

 

It was true that since Tatsuya and Ryo had become an item, Yuichi had felt a little lonely. But it didn’t warrant Tatsuya going to this extreme. Don’t get it wrong it wasn’t like she was ungrateful for her friend being worried about her it, but guys and her didn’t mix. No, she wasn’t a lesbian; she just didn’t connect with them. The only one she did was her kid brother.

 

Over the years, ever since her hormones kicked in, she had had a crush on one guy or another. She even approached one in middle school to express her feelings, on Valentine’s Day no less, and that had been a spectacular embarrassing mess. After that she stopped liking any guys and was extremely glad that she had gotten a scholarship to attend Seiko High School.  Seiko High School was an all girls high school where the rich and highly intellectual girls of Tokyo went to school; So no boys, no worries.

 

“Tatsuya, please don’t worry about me, I will be fine. I know that I’ve never had a boyfriend but there isn’t any guy that has captured my attention yet. That’s all.”

 

Tatsuya wasn’t so sure about that. Since they had met and become friends since they were freshmen at Seiko she sensed that Yuichi had gone through some romantic trauma but Yuichi never talked about it and Tatsuya didn’t want to bring up any painful memories. Yet, she really wanted Yu-chan to be in a happy relationship like she was. Which was why she would go ahead with her plan, whether Yuichi agreed with it or not. She would just thank her later for her meddling.

 

“Fine, but you are still coming to my party. So come on. Let’s pay and let go shopping.” Yuichi opened to protest, but before she could Tatsuya continued. “And before you say you have no money, which I know is true, this is all on me. So shut up and take it like it like the gift that it is, okay.”

 

Yuichi just pouted. She knew that tone. Unless she wanted to regret it she better accept this for what it was. Getting up she and Tatsuya paid for their lunch and exited the shop.

It just didn’t seem to be Yuichi’s day because she ran smack into a warm hard solid body the felt like a steel wall.  She feel hard on her back side.

 

“Hey, watch where you’re going would ya!!” Tatsuya scolded the poor unsuspecting guy.

 

“Gomennasai!! I was in a hurry. I didn’t mean too…are you okay?” He offered his hand to Yuichi and helped her on her feet.

 

Yuichi dusted herself and inspected her hands; they throbbed from landing on them too hard. When she was sure they were okay she looked over at the young guy who she had had a collision with and was about to answer his question when her eyes met his.  Her breath caught in . He was gorgeous; his eyes were a chocolate brown, deep and mesmerizing. He was a little shorter then she was but he was built. He had a on a white tank top that showed off the definite muscles in his arms.

 

Yuichi tried to move , but before she could she heard someone call out his name.

 

“Koki!! You’re Late! Get in here. We need you!!”

 

“Hai!! Excuse me. Sorry about that.” And like that he was gone. Yuichi watched him walk away.

 

“Koki” Yuichi whispered. Why was her heart racing so fast, and her once throbbing hands had began to sweat. It didn’t make any sense.

 

“Yuichi, Come on. We don’t want to waste precious daylight. You are okay, right?”

 

“Yeah, Tat-chan. Let’s go.” And they went on the shopping exhibition, Tatsuya smiling all the way while Yuichi glanced back at the ramen shop willing her heart to stop the odd beating in her chest.

 

A/N Well here is Ch 1. Sorry if its really short. I will try and make the chapters longer!! You know me, I love long chapters. I will already warn you this fic will be super long. How long...I don't know but I have a feeling it will be more the 30. :] So please stick with.

 

Also I wanted to pimp this fic But he's Sweet

It is a really awesome fic and I love it!! it definitly needs more supporters

Comments are love!!