Snow

Snow

 

Junsu stood at the wall of the practice room looking up to the small window right below the ceiling. It was snowing again. And again Junsu couldn’t see it or even walk through the snowflakes. Again they had to practice, being trapped in a room in the basement of the building. It was always like that.

 

The lead singer loved snow. The white glory turning everything in a lovely light, muffling everything – even the noise of a big city like Seoul.

 

But due to his life as an idol Junsu hadn’t the time to enjoy it. Every time since the winter started he was somewhere inside or even in another country, not able to see his beloved snow.

 

He breathed a sigh as Minjae called him over. Putting a smile on his face, knowing he couldn’t change the situation, he walked over to their favorite manager who was talking to Chansung.

 

“Hyung?”, he asked a little bit confused because Minjae shouldn’t be here by now.

“Junsu-ah, you and Chansung have to go to an interview now, which suddenly came up. It’s for an important magazine, so we can’t cancel it.”, the manager said, side-eyeing Chansung, who just nodded and smiled.

The smaller boy was a little bit irritated since it was more than rare that he and the maknae had to go to a schedule alone. But he said nothing and just followed the other two to the van.

 

He took a deep breath of cold air and watched the little snowflakes dancing around him, while getting into the car. Sadly it has toned windows so the singer couldn’t see much. Chansung climbed on the seat next to him, pulling a huge bag between his legs. But Junsu wasn’t curious enough to ask him what was in this bag. He fetched out his iPod and looked at the taller boy.

“Channie, would you be mad at me, if I just listen to some music?”, the older asked. He knew it would be rude to shut out the other without asking.

“Sure hyung. Go ahead.”, Chansung said with an understanding smile. Junsu was in a gloomy mood the whole day.

So Junsu smiled a little bit and put on his headphones. While listening to his music he surfed on twitter with his Blackberry, tweeting about how he again wasn’t able to see the snow properly.

 

He didn’t recognize how fast the time flew by and how they stopped.

He got out of the van automatically, while reading a reply from Ian, who promised to bring his favorite candy from the states.

He didn’t recognize that he wasn’t standing in front of a building; he didn’t recognize that Minjae drove off till he heard a little cough behind him.

 

As he turned his eyes went wide.

 

Chansung was standing in front of a park, wearing a thick parka while holding another one in his hands. The smile on his face was warm as the sun that had fought the clouds and was shining on his face now. The whole park behind them was white, everything covered with sparkling snow.

 

“Chansung-ah.. What..?”, Junsu didn’t know what so say or think. The maknae just smiled at him and came closer to his hyung, handing the warm coat over.

“We have two hours till Minjae-hyung is going to pick us up again.”, he explained with a calm voice. “Two hours for you to enjoy your snow.” A little wink followed his words.

 

Junsu really didn’t know what to say again, he just smiled more than happy and hugged his dongsaeng, before pulling the parka on.

The first minutes they walked in silence. Junsu was looking everywhere, while walking through the snow with his hands in his pockets, enjoying the scrunching under his feet. Chansung was walking one step behind him, his eyes glued to his hyung.

 

“Chansung-ah? How did you know?”, the older asked after a while, looking at the other with blinking eyes. Chansung chuckled at the cute sight and shrugged his shoulders.

“I know you for a long time now, hyung. I just know how much you love snow.” Junsu just smiled and nodded – right.. they know each other in and out, but the singer didn’t know that one of would have recognized his love for snow and winter, especially since he was the one who was all covered up when it gots a little colder.

 

“And how did you managed to get two hours free?”, he asked again.

“Hm.. I talked to Minjae-hyung and he talked to JYP-hyung. He gave me the permission because we won’t have any long break soon. So two hours wouldn’t harm anyone – these were his words.” Chansung explained with a smirk. He didn’t tell the other that it took him some time to convince their Manager to help him. Not only with JYP, but with the whole planning and stuff.

 

Butterflies were celebrating a party in Junsu’s stomach as he listened to his dongsaeng. The feelings he buried a long time ago came back with a huge BANG and hit him right away. Chansungs surprise caught him unprepared and his heart was beating faster than normal, he felt like he was floating. But he can’t let his hope get him. Chansung just did this as a gift for him; he would do this for every other member, too. At least those were Junsu’s thoughts.

 

The daegu-boy discovered his feelings one year ago, but at first he denied them – he wasn’t gay, so he couldn’t be in love with one of s. After some time his feelings just got bigger and Junsu realized he was in love with the maknae. But how could he tell him that? They all were straight and even if Chansung would be gay, he and Junsu weren’t that close. The lead-singer was afraid of losing the taller one as a friend and of harming the group. So he just buried his feeling deep inside of his heart and tried to be happy with what he got.

 

Chansung tilted his head a little bit as he saw that his hyung was lost in his thoughts. He smiled and poked him into his cheek.

“Earth to Mars! Earth to Mars! Su-ah.. Are you still with me?” Junsu snapped back to reality and stared at the younger. “Oh..sorry..!”, he said while blushing.

“What were you thinking about, hyung?”

“Hm? Oh.. Nothing special. Just something from the past came to my mind.”, Junsu said while turning around and started walking again. He rubbed his cold hands against his cheeks, trying to vanish his blush.

The maknae blinked twice and then chuckled soft, following the other one again. Minutes later he saw that Junsu was again drifting away and he felt a little bit left out. He frowned a bit and chews on his lower lip. But suddenly there was an evil, little smile on his face as he bent down and grabbed some snow.

The next seconds the air was filled with a high screech and Chansung’s laugh. He had sneaked up to the older and shoved the snow in Junsus collar – the frozen water sliding down his neck. Then he ran some meters away, followed by Junsu whose hand were full of snow.

Chansung was fast, but after some time he slowed down his pace and let Junsu caught him. The older sneaked his arms around the maknae and tackled him down. While straddling him he shoved handfuls of snow in Chansungs face. The taller boy tried to get away from his hyung, but he laughed so much that he couldn’t do much.

“Mercy!”, he called out and swallowed a lot of snow.

After some moments, when Junsu thought that the face of the other was wet and cold enough, he rolled of and laid down next to him. Snow wetting his hair and clothed, but he couldn’t care less because at the moment Junsu just felt happiness.

 

Both were looking at the blue sky. All clouds were gone, just as the clouds which blurred the feelings and thoughts of the lead singer.

A wonderful smile appeared on his lips, letting his face shine.

“Thank you Chansung.. Really. You made me happy today.”, he said without looking at the younger boy.

But the latter did look at the boy next to him, being amazed by his beautiful smile. He inhaled a deep breath of fresh air and crabbed the hand of his band member – interlacing their fingers. Because of that Junsu tilted his head to look at the other but Chansung was now looking at the sky again. His thumb gently caressing Junsus back of the hand.

“Hyung..” The voice of the younger boy suddenly was solemn but calm. “I.. I have something to tell you..”  His voice got shakier with every word. A deep sigh slipped over his lips, being annoyed of himself and the slightly fright he felt now.

 

Junsu was a little bit confused by the sudden change of the atmosphere and he kept looking at his dongsaeng. Wondering why the other had a cute blush on his cheeks.

“What is it, Channie? You know you can tell me everything!” He tried to encourage the taller one and squeezed his hand lightly.

 

“I love you.”

 

3 simple words. Nothing more. But to Chansung it was everything he wanted to tell his hyung since month. It was everything what was in his head since month. It was everything what confused him since month. Junsu was his everything.

 

The tall boy had closed his eyes. He didn’t want to see the reaction of his hyung, he was afraid that all he would see was disgust and hate.

 

Junsu at the other hand was frozen. Not because of the snow. Not because of the cold. But because of the 3 words he buried in his heart and thought he wouldn’t never hear from his beloved maknae. But as soon as the meaning of these 3 simple words really hit his brain, he couldn’t stop the butterflies in his stomach anymore. He couldn’t stop the happy smile on his face and he couldn’t stop his body as he sat up and straddling Chansung once again. But this time he didn’t shove snow on his face. Instead of that he cupped the face of the younger boy and pressed his lips lightly against the others.

 

Chansung was shocked. After he felt the movement of Junsu he thought the older boy would just leave him, but then he was sitting on top of him. The second thought was, that Junsu would hit him. But all he felt were those soft lips on his.

His eyes snapped open and he stared at his hyung. His brain wasn’t working at this moment. It couldn’t handle what was happening right now. So it just shut down and his heart took over – what led to his arms sliding around Junsus body, hugging him tight. Chansungs eyed closed again and he respond to the gentle kiss.

 

After some moments, which felt like hours and seconds at the same time, Junse broke the kiss and backed aways slightly. His eyes staring down at his dongsaeng. And again his face was adorned with this beautiful smile.

 

“I love you too!”