Sympathy Syndrome: How it all started

Sympathy Syndrome


A small little boy was born in a not so busy city of Busan and a just right of living. A child who is deferential, wise, diligent and almost loved by their neighbors. He was named as Lee Jihoon, the only son of the family.
6 years of living in Busan he was trained to do the basic things in life just like washing the dishes, cleaning the house, and cooking simple dishes. He always stayed at the sea side enjoying the breeze with the sands on his feet. They usually hang out every weekend on parks, malls, or anywhere where Jihoon likes. The kid really loves Busan but still Seoul is his most favorite even though he hasn’t been there. But ever since his grandfather (father side) in Daegu got sick they needed to move there for the meantime. Luckily it was two months break from school for the kid.
Jihoon never forgot his travel from there. He sort of remembered the places that caught his attention. However, it was not the first time Jihoon saw his grandfather and grandmother; it’s the first time seeing Daegu and the first time seeing the house that they’ll be living for Jihoon doesn’t know when. He immediately run toward the door and simply knocks with his small fists to his surprise it immediately opened and greeted by a face of an old woman whom Jihoon knew well who it was. He hugged softly her as if she was fragile and was greeted back also with a hug and a kiss on the forward. Soon his parents came with each one of them carrying their bags. They were welcomed with a simple decorated house with sofas neatly placed with a flat screen television hung on the wall, framed family pictures, and a bookshelf twice as tall as Jihoon. The kid gasped while looking and wandering around. While he was busy looking at each of the photos he heard coughs from upstairs which made the little kid got curious. He slowly climbs the stairs, carefully not to fall down. He reached at the second floor and still the coughing continues and it made Jihoon track where it came from. He walked to the door and reached for the knob. He slowly opened it and peeked inside. What he had saw made him ran inside the room and sat on the chair beside the bed. He gets a glass of water on the small table and handed it to the old man lying on the bed.
“Thanks” said with a raspy voice. The old man begins to wonder such small pale hands did it belong. Then he saw the owner of it which made him smile and sat on a sitting position on his bed.
“Hey grandpa” Jihoon smiles from ear to ear
“Hey, little kid” he ruffles Jihoon’s hair which made the other whine. “When did you arrive?”
“Just a while ago, I heard someone coughing at this room and then I found you” Jihoon said it cutely which made his grandpa laugh at him.
Shortly his grandma, father, and mother arrived at the door with a tray of hot soup and medicines. Three of them looked at the two talking and laughing which made them also giggle on the scene.
It was once again a family outing but in a sort of unhappy way because his grandfather was very sick. This week they’ll be bringing him to have a check-up just in the city’s hospital. Jihoon was enjoying his stay so far. He got his own room for the first time because back then in Busan he was sandwiched by his parents when sleeping. So now it’s his chance, he decorated it with his favorite artists, singers, and glow in the dark stars on his ceiling, it was somewhat a temporary stay but he made the most of it. He almost fell down on the chair he was standing on while sticking the stars on top but since he cannot even reach it even with a single finger so he called his father to attach it for him. First dinner with the family was somehow the best for Jihoon if his grandfather was there with them but sadly he was now resting on his room. Jihoon got to finish the boiling meat broth with the matching cold weather. He immediately ran to his room and came to watch at the view of the stars on his window. His eyes were slowly dropping down because of drowsiness and tiredness. He might have fallen down if his mother didn’t call him to sleep. Jihoon’s mother lifted him up while tickling his stomach which made the other giggle. He was tuck-up on the bed then asked for a short bedtime story which his mother agreed without hesitation. 
The next day, Jihoon was left all alone in the house with complete supply of food up to lunch. They were going to the hospital because his grandpa’s condition is getting worse. They drove there with his father’s car while Jihoon only got to wave them good-bye. Back in the house, Jihoon was watching his favorite movie which made him focused for a while. After his two hours of watching straight on the television his eyes started to get sore. He went to the kitchen to get water to drink and saw the long’s hand clock on 12. He got a plate and started to eat his lunch, a kimchi, stew and grilled meat. When he was done, he placed his dish on the sink and started to wash it with the support of a chair. When he was done, he started to lie down on the floor while waiting for his parents to come so he positioned himself in which the door can be seen on his sight. Minutes turned to hours and still no signs of his family entering the door. It was already 3pm so Jihoon started to take a nap on the same place. 
Jihoon woke up from a soft mattress below him which made him stand up in surprise because he was already in his room. He was sleeping on the floor a while ago and he’s now on his room. The door opened and his mother and father entered and sat down beside him.
“When did you arrive?” Jihoon asks
“Just fifteen minutes ago, we saw you sleeping soundly on the floor so we brought you to your room” Her mother explained.
“How is grandpa?” Jihoon asks curiously with a smile
His parents looked at each other with a downhearted face.
“W-what happened?” Jihoon suddenly changed his expression into a worried one
“Your grandpa is suffering from a heart illness” His father explains “and the doctor said to perform a surgery right away”
Jihoon’s chest started to tightens and tears started to flow out from his eyes. He started to cry while breathing heavily. His parents hugged him and comforted him. 
“If your grandpa said that he was suffering from an illness back then it would have been cured easily” His mother said and still continued to comfort the little kid from crying. 
“Let’s just pray for his condition” her mother brushes his son’s hair while wiping the tears. “Don’t cry”
Jihoon nods and started to calm down.
In order for his grandpa’s condition gets well they need to perform a surgery immediately. Since the city’s hospital lacks in materials they were suggested to get the surgery in one of the best hospital which is in Seoul. So the point there Jihoon will be once again be left in the house but his mother hired him a baby sitter to look after Jihoon for almost a month and between those days it’s his seventh birthday. Jihoon helped his parents pack up their clothes while Jihoon would sometimes cry before them. They’ll be leaving by tomorrow by airplane. Jihoon always wanted to go to Seoul but in this situation he forgot about that. He planned to sleep between his parents again for the last stay before they will leave Daegu. 
Jihoon waved good-bye at his parents until they were nowhere in sight. Jihoon shut the door while lying down on the floor mat again.
“Don’t sleep there Jihoon” his baby sitter said
“Why do I have to suffer this kind of life?” Jihoon asked not minding what have the other said to him
“It’s your fate Jihoon, it’s really unexpected”
Days have passed but still Jihoon didn’t forget to call his parents. Every time he calls them they always talk about how Seoul looks like. The lights, the places, everything is beautiful; Jihoon will really love it there. 
When Jihoon woke up he saw nothing but darkness and then he realized it was a blindfold covering his eyes. He slowly gets it off and to his surprise confetti was surrounding him and a big ‘HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIGN’ plastered on his room with beautiful decorations. A plate of sunny side up and an orange juice was placed on a tray right on his bed. When he lifted the plate a letter was nicely placed so he gets it and started to read.
Dear Jihoon, 
It might be the first time you’ll be spending your birthday without us. Your grandpa is in a great condition once again he’s lively now but still he’s not yet to be discharged by the doctor. I wish you could come here but you can’t stay on the hospital because you can’t stand watching almost every hour bloody patients being carried inside but soon. I promise you can come here in Seoul and enjoy everything here. I hope you’ll enjoy this birthday by yourself and your baby sitter. I love you baby we’ll be home soon.
From your,
 Mother, father, grandma, grandpa
Jihoon almost tear up from the letter but then he needs to stay strong. Her baby sitter walked in from the room while holding a cake with seven lighting candles on the top. She sings the happy birthday song while heading beside Jihoon.
“Happy Birthday Jihoon”
“Thank you very much Eunhae-si” Jihoon smiles at her
“Make a wish” Eunhae hands her the cake
Jihoon closes his eyes for five seconds then blew out the candles. They sliced it first and ate just the half of it. 
“What have you wished for?” Eunhae asked curiously 
Jihoon looked at her then smiled “I want to be a doctor because I want to help those people who are sick just like my grandpa right now”
“How about your music career?”
“I will set it aside first”
Jihoon was able to enjoy his birthday. He received a video call from his parents which Jihoon almost cried seeing them. Jihoon asked for a birthday present from there and his mother immediately agreed and will immediately arrive tomorrow morning. Jihoon only stayed at home unlike his other birthdays they always went out for family outings. Jihoon hoped this will be the first birthday all by himself and also the last.
The next day Jihoon woke up a bit late when he was about to leave the room he found a box on his door. He already knew it’s the gift from his parents but didn’t know the content of it yet. He unwrapped the box and opened it. To his surprise he saw a nicely folded jacket with an ‘I LOVE SEOUL’ printed on the back of it. He hanged it on his door and proceeded to the kitchen. He went to the refrigerator to still find his birthday cake so he gets a piece and it will serve as his breakfast already. His milk is already served on the table. He ate his lunch while Eunhae cleaning the kitchen so when he was done he helped her to make the work easier and faster. After cleaning the house Jihoon readied his new clothes from his room and went to take a bath. He almost spent fifteen minutes because he kept splashing the water and play with his toy boat. Jihoon got into new fresh clothes and got his coat because he’ll be going out to enjoy the cold air.
“Eunhae noona, I’ll be going outside” he happily said while tying his shoes.
“Sure, don’t go too far”
Jihoon hums and went outside which made him shiver because the coldness can still be felt. He greeted his neighbors and tried to memorize the surroundings. He kept kicking the scattered dried leaves on the ground. He stopped kicking for second because something caught his attention. A kid about the same age as him was across the street and was sitting on the rocky ground while his head bowed to the ground. Being a kind kid, Jihoon crossed the street carefully and went near to the boy.
“What’s wrong?” Jihoon asked and sat down beside the boy
The boy looked at him then answered “I’m hungry”
Jihoon thought of something and it gets him an idea “Wait here, don’t go anywhere”
Jihoon runs to his house and quickly went to the kitchen. He opened the refrigerator and got the cake and put it inside a small container, he made milk and put it inside a bottle, and he went upstairs to get a small bag from his room hanged on his door. After he got the bag he stopped from his steps and looked at the cloth hanging from his door. Jihoon sighed deeply and put it inside his bag including the cake and bottle of milk. He immediately went outside and luckily for Jihoon the kid is still there in the same place and position.
“Here” Jihoon handed first the cake and milk. The kid took it and started to consume the cake all then followed the milk without any residue left.
“You must be that hungry”
The boy only nods and started to bow his head again.
“I got a last one thing for you” Jihoon got the object and gave it to him “It’s a present from my parents in Seoul for my birthday yesterday; I want to give it to you because you must be freezing from that worn out jacket of yours”
The boy takes the jacket and wears it; it was just the perfect size.
“See it looks good on you” Jihoon smiles which the other kid smiled back at him.
“Where are your parents?” Jihoon asks
“Home” the boy replied
When Jihoon has the courage to ask him many questions like why he’s wearing ragged clothes, why he’s carrying a back pack and why he’s outside in the cold. He keeps telling him his story, how he got here in Dauegu, about his parents, his dreams and etc. He also told him that he wants to be a doctor and the other wants to be in a radio company. 
“Oh before I forgot I’m J---“ Jihoon was cut off when rain fell down suddenly. Jihoon run from his house to get his umbrella but when he looked back he didn’t saw the boy. He kept looking from left to right but still he didn’t find him so he went inside and straight to his room. He stayed by his window to watch the rainfall with a frown. What a bad timing that’s what he thought, he was about to introduce himself to the boy that time. The kid was daydreaming and his mind was far away from himself when his Eunhae noona called him from downstairs. He went back to his senses and came down to eat lunch with her. 
Everyday Jihoon would watch at the window outside just for the unknown boy. Days turns to weeks then a month until Jihoon’s parents was able to get back at home and so he just forgot about the kid since he got new friends from next door. Three days when they arrived at the house Jihoon’s family went back to Busan. It was like a vacation though for Jihoon, a lonely one. 
Jihoon went back to his studies and studied hard to pursue his dream. His grades were improving as every end of semester and graduated as a salutatorian in elementary.
*15 years later
“You have to fade under in this part, and then add some music after this, okay?”
JIhoon managed to finish his studies but ended up not as a doctor but a manager in one of Seoul’s best radio station. Still Jihoon’s attitude of being sympathetic is still in him. He never shouts at his colleagues and even takes easy on his work.
“Okay good job everyone pack up now” Everyone packs their bags, arranged the wires and one by one headed straight.
“JIhoon” he turned back and saw the CEO calling him
“Oh, good evening sir” he bowed then smiled at him
“You did a good job this day Jihoon, our listeners are increasing which is a good news, well keep up”
Jihoon bows while thanking the other
“Oh, before I forget I want you to read this article” he hands Jihoon a news article in a newspaper
“Seoul’s greatest doctor” Jihoon read the headline
“Yup and tomorrow we’ll broadcast it first thing in the morning”
Jihoon accepted the article then went back to his apartment. 
He has been living in Seoul since when he got a job which is two years already. His grades didn’t got accepted when he started to apply as a doctor so he tried in broadcasting in their town’s local broadcast station and that way he got cased to be in one of Seoul’s famous radio station, he gladly accepted it and told his parents about it which they have celebrated it the night before Jihoon will leave. He still didn’t forgot the first time he arrived at Seoul’s airport he was really excited to see the city. He got a week to enjoy Seoul before his work will start so in those days he went to different places, the parks, malls, towers, not almost missing one famous tourist spot.
He arrived at his apartment in which the first thing that welcomed him was his roommate, Mingyu working in an electronic store
“Hey Jihoon I’ve prepared already for dinner” Mingyu said while heading to the kitchen
Jihoon went to his room to change new clothes then went to the table to see meat broth steaming that it made his stomach growl. 
They ate silently when Mingyu suddenly broke it “How was work?”
“Good as usual” Jihoon continues to eat “Why are even asking me that almost every day you look like as if your my mother”
“That’s the only thing I can help, I think”
“Treat me for street foods you can help” Jihoon says
“Street foods are not healthy”
“I know but still treat me”
“Soon, when we have no work”
Jihoon just smiles.
When they were done, Mingyu did the dishes then Jihoon went straight to his room. He got his bag and got the article then started reading it. He thinks of a title first which took him almost thirty minutes. The door opened from his room then Mingyu came in with a cup of coffee. He placed it on Jihoon’s table then sat on his bed.
“What are you doing?”
“Work”
“Writing a story about the Seoul’s greatest doctor” Mingyu read the headline “You told me once ago that you want to be the greatest doctor right?”
“Yeah, when I was a child but sadly I ended up in this job”
“Me too, I always wanted to be a doctor” Mingyu laughs
“Hahaha, very funny” Jihoon laughs sarcastically “Why, what happened?, you failed also in your grades so you went to fixing electronics which is similar to a doctor, that’s it”
“I’m serious Jihoon, I really want to be a doctor but since my father didn’t want to so I went to fixing stupid televisions, radios, and computers and by the way I was good with my studies, unlike you”
“Hey, I just can’t understand science really”
“So, who’s this doctor that they are getting crazy of?”
“He’s known as Dr. Choi as what I have read” Jihoon pouted “It should have been Dr. Lee Jihoon”
Mingyu rolls his eyes looking at Jihoon like he’s the most pathetic person he has ever seen
“Remember Jihoon you have failed science”
Jihoon just threw pillow at Mingyu’s face then continue to write his article. He had finished writing his story which he will read it by tomorrow by exactly 10 and Mingyu already went back to his room. He went asleep on his bed tiredly as ever.
“Now let us listen to our company’s best radio producer slash manager”
Jihoon laughs about what the other said. He’s inside of the studio with a microphone in front of him ready to talk about what he has made the other night.
“Today’s story is about the so called Seoul’s doctor” Jihoon started “He’s story is quite common actually like starting from nobody then one day you became somebody. He’s a man from Daegu and grew up nothing but his family and a poor life but he didn’t give up he asked for help from people around his town for food, clothes and his other needs. He was an intelligent kid, he finished his elementary as valedictorian unlike me my family can support my studies but I graduated only as salutatorian. Until then, he continued his studies not giving up even there were consequences facing his way. When he was in college he can finally support his family already from their needs. Now he is in Seoul’s famous Hospital working as the highest position as a doctor. I hope this story will inspire some of the lives of people. For those people who are having difficulties in their lives never give up just like Seoul’s doctor, Dr, Choi” Jihoon ends the story and looked at the CEO which is mouthing a good job.
“Woah we have lots of comments and tweets already” his partner said “Let’s have from 143@doctors, it was a nice story and if you’ll ever met Dr. Choi he looked like he came from a very rich family”
Jihoon’s job was done so he went out of the studio and went beside to the CEO to listen to the comments.
“Oh, what do we have here from DR.CHOI(official), thanks for telling the story DMR’s radio producer”
Jihoon smiled about that, the doctor is actually listening to him while delivering the story. He got his phone then called Mingyu which the line got easily connected.
“Mingyu, let’s hangout later at 6”
“Sure where will we meet up” the other asks
“Just outside my company”
“Yeah, call you later I still have to fix something”
“Bye”
“By the way the story of the guy is great, why don’t you broadcast my story as being a doctor”
“I’m going to kick your Mingyu”
Jihoon ends the call then continued to hear the other comments.
JIhoon waits outside of DMR and it was quite cold already. Mingyu runs to his direction then pants in front of him. “You’re late”
“It’s just 5 minutes”
“Still you’re late; c’mon I don’t want to waste my time”
They really went to eat street foods and then drink soju which Mingyu ends up carrying a drunk Jihoon spluttering some nonsense words to home.
Jihoon woke up with a headache and ends up being late to work. The following days were full of works in which Jihoon really do it with so much effort. The air becomes colder because it was near November already and November means Christmas is near and Jihoon’s birthday also. He has been saving money for he will be having a birthday party at his work.
“Your birthday is two days from now” Mingyu says while they were eating their dinner
“I know, who forgets their birthday anyways” Jihoon rolls his eyes
“People with amnesias”
“Sadly I don’t have”
-
“Let’s have a life inspiring story for our advanced birthday boy, tomorrow is his birthday and we should listen some of Lee Jihoon’s story” his partner says from the microphone which can be heard throughout the country. 
“It was a story of my seventh birthday. Me and my family were happily living in Busan but my grandpa got sick so we moved for the meantime in Daegu. When my parents checked up my grandpa in the hospital they said that he has a heart illness so I was left in the house with Eunhae, my baby sitter, I don’t know where she is now because they will send grandpa will be in an operation.  And when I was celebrating my seventh birthday, I only have Eunhae-si by my side and we both celebrated it. It was a fine birthday though because I got a call from my parents and a letter and that day I wished to be a doctor that time but sadly I end up in here but I enjoyed it anyways. The next day was very fun for me because I received a gift from my mother, a jacket with an ‘I LOVE SEOUL’ printed at the back. I was very obsessed of Seoul at that time because my friends said that there are many parks and malls there which probably they thought that I’d like it. I got bored staying at the house so I went outside. I was kicking the dried leaves on the ground then I something caught my attention across the street, a kid sitting down on the rock wearing ragged clothes and he’s carrying a bag. This made my sympathy syndrome overcame me again, that’s what my parents call it because I always get pity easily in other people. I asked him if something was wrong then he replied that he was hungry so I went back home to get the extra piece of cake from my birthday then got a bottle of milk and got a bag from my room. When I was there I kept hesitating if I should give the jacket to the kid and so I did, I placed it all inside of the bag then went back to the kid. I gave him all the things then he wore the jacket, it was just the perfect size for him though. This is the best part, when I was about to ask for his name it started to rain so I got up then went to get an umbrella at home but when I looked across the street he was nowhere to be found. First thing is that, I thought that he was ghost but I was wrong I even touched the other’s head if he was real. Every day I would watch outside the house because any time maybe he would pass by but when my parents arrived at home we went back to my hometown. I hope I will meet that kid again then asked for my jacket back, haha just joking. I’m hoping that kid is living healthily now.” He ends his story there which his other colleagues clapped at the story.
“Did the kid introduced his name to you?” his partner asked
“No, but he said that he wants to be in a radio station but I don’t know where he is now”
“We’ll let’s see the comments and tweets” the other one said “Oh, DR.CHOI(official) is at it again, Jihoon do the honors”
Jihoon gladly accepts the phone then read the comment “You have a very beautiful story Jihoon, I’m sure that boy is living a splendid life right now because of your help, happy birthday”
“We’re not expecting to have a comment from Seoul’s doctor again, he really likes listening to our station”
There were many birthday greetings from the comments and some tweets from people who are emoting from his story and Mingyu also tweeted using his account, that Jihoon was the Master of Science dumbness and a happy birthday in the end which Jihoon planned on punching him when he’ll go home later. 
When he arrioved home he forgot that he’ll be punching Mingyu because he saw the tall guy holding a birthday cake with lots of food on the table. After thanking Mingyu they ate not all the food because they’ll be reserving it tomorrow. While Jihoon was busy eating, Mingyu gets his laptop then placed it before Jihoon. The other saw his parents on the screen doing a video call. They are at Canada these days having a vacation.
“Hi mom, hi dad” Jihoon says while waving his chopsticks at them
“Hey Jihoon, how is your work there?” his mother asked
“I’m enjoying it; I made a life story back there”
“Really?, your listeners must have enjoyed”
“Yup, it was about my seventh birthday”
“Oh, the time when we weren’t there”
“Yup”
“Enjoy your birthday there Jihoon we’ll call you tomorrow”
“Bye mom, dad I LOVE YOU” Jihoon made a finger heart at them then the call ended.
“I’m glad you are contacting your parents” Mingyu said
“Where are your parents right now?” Jihoon asks
“Busy because of work they don’t have any time for their children”
“You have me anyways” Jihoon joked

Jihoon woke up earlier than his usual time. He prepares the best shirt that he’ll be wearing today. He was ready to leave the house and carried his birthday food packs for his colleagues. He waited outside his apartment to wait a taxi. He’s been waiting for five minutes and his legs are already getting tired and luckily a taxi stopped and he immediately went in.
“DMR station” he said to the driver which the driver just nods
He plugged on his earphones and played his favorite playlist. He was happily looking outside the window the buildings as if he didn’t see them from traveling to work. He was already halfway from the station because the sign can already be seen but suddenly the taxi stopped in the middle of a crossroad.
“What happened sir?”
“It just stopped” the driver said while fixing something under the steering wheel.
Jihoon got worried then tried to look for other taxis that he can ride on but what he had seen is a truck not just far from them losing direction because of the crisscrossing of the wheels and it was coming straight to their point. With so much nervousness Jihoon tried to open the door but it was no use the truck has hit and overrun them which the taxi Jihoon was in flipped over and over. Jihoon only remembers he’s in a very bad position and covered in blood, he can’t even move any part of his body then he passed out. 
“There’s a car accident happened in the crossover at Seoul, there’s two person inside a taxi, the driver is already dead and the other one is still unconscious and he’s losing too much blood, the taxi is unregistered and has a fake plate number, the patient is on the way please be ready” the call ended 
“Yes, we will”
Jihoon woke up more of having a sober. He can’t even feel his body and he knew he’s in a hospital right now. He looked at his left and saw Mingyu sleeping on the chair. It was night time for sure because there were no light entering the windows of the room. He tried to sit down but failed which the other woke up because of surprise. 
“Jihoon, Ar-re you a-al-right?” Mingyu asked with nervousness
“My body hurts” Jihoon says with a very small voice
“I’ll try to call the nurse” Mingyu went out of the door almost slipping. Minutes later, the door opened then came the nurse followed by Mingyu.
“How are you feeling Jihoon?” the nurse asked while writing something on his clipboard.
“My body hurts too much” Jihoon said
“Don’t worry Jihoon it will be fine by tomorrow”
The nurse left them then Mingyu asked lots of question which Jihoon answered them one by one. He has a broken left arm then lots of bruises in his body. He didn’t even expect for his colleagues to come and celebrate his birthday there. They were having fun but not for Jihoon his body was aching and cannot move. That night Jihoon got a video call from his parents and his parents were shocked about his condition. He told them that he was alright and they should not go back here just for Jihoon, he wants them to enjoy their stay there not worry about him.
The nurse said that he might be discharged by the afternoon if his condition will be fine but even in the morning Jihoon feels better but still some part of his body aches whenever he moves. Jihoon ate hospital foods which Jihoon kinds of throwing them up all but it’s for his health. Jihoon is very excited to go out in this place because it really makes him sick already so he called Mingyu to pick him up so the other did. He helped Jihoon walk then stopped by the receptionist to ask for the bill but the bill is still being processed, this made Jihoon’s heart beat faster because he’ll be paying a very large amount of money because he’s in a Seoul’s famous hospital. The receipt will be just delivered in Jihoon’s apartment so both of them left the hospital and went back home. Jihoon got to rest on his bed while Mingyu served him food. 
It was 6:30 in the afternoon and it was quite dark already outside. Mingyu went to sleep early because of tiredness. Jihoon can now walk without any help from Mingyu but a little bit slower. He’s now resting on his bed while using his phone with his right hand reading his favorite novel when he felt his throat went dry so he went downstairs to the kitchen and get some water. He drank almost half of a one liter of water. He was about to go back upstairs when the doorbell rang. Carefully he walked there and opened the door and saw a guy from the hospital.
“Lee Jihoon right” the man said
“Yes” Jihoon replied
The guy hands him a box and a bill on top of it then left with his motorcycle. Jihoon just gave him a confused look then shut the door. It was quite difficult for Jihoon to walk; he is limping while holding a box on his right hand. He placed it all on the living room’s table then sat down on the sofa. He took a deep breath because he’s still not ready to look at the bill but anyways he still gets it. He reads it from the very first part without missing any word then he came to the last part which is heart is really beating very fast until he feels like the earth stopped moving and also around him. Is he dreaming right now because this might be a nightmare for him? He slapped himself on the cheeks then looked at the bill again. He really isn’t dreaming the total amount of money is being crossed out with red pen. He looked closely to it examining it very well and it really is crossed out. He immediately let go of the bill then opened the box. A jacket with an I LOVE SEOUL printed. The same jacket he gave to the kid years ago and now it’s in his hands again. He get back at the bill and looked at the back and what he saw is a note well written.
Your bill was paid years ago with a piece of cake, bottle of milk, and a warm jacket. Happy birthday!
    -Dr. Choi
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
THE END

 

----------------

THANK YOU FOR READING AND SUBSCRIBING SYMPATHY SYNDROME. FIRST STORY SO FAR AND I HAVE MORE STORIES TO UPLOAD AND WRITE SO LOVE YOU ALL💗💗