prologue

Living with a brat

"I am begging you Jaebum, please take him in for just a few days," Jinyoung, one of Jaebums few and oldest friends, continued pressuring him. They had known each other for hundreds and hundreds years through out their vampire lifes and both of them had rather big egos so down right begging wasn't something either of them did. Because of that it was more than odd hearing his friend do exactly that.

There had been a loud knock at the door and infront of it stood a disheveled Jinyoung, out of breath and slightly panicked looking. What actually caught Jaebums eyes though was the red head behind him.  He was taller than Jinyoung, but seemed to try to make himself smaller than he actually was. He was pale, paler than him and Jinyoung which was strange. His eyes didn't meet Jaebums but for some odd reason he wished he actually would look at him. Something was just really off with this whole picture.

"Jaebum are you listening!?"

"Yes,  yes I am. I am just trying to wrap my head around what you are saying," Jaebum answered slightly annoyed, not about Jinyoung but somehow about the situation he created. 

"So can I leave him with you?" Jinyoung repeated his question again.

Jaebum really wanted to say no, all this sounded like trouble and he had learned one thing during his long life: to stay out of trouble.

"Jaebum!"

"Yes! Leave him here. I am gonna take care of him,  just make sure to come back as quickly as possible."

There was an audible sight from his friend as a small smile formed on his lips. The relief was visible as the crews on his forehead vanished. 

"Thank you, I knew I could rely on you."

With that said Jinyoung was on his way out again, but not before going over to the their person observing their conversation. He hugged him slightly too close and long for it to be counted as just a casual goodbye and whispered something to him. Jaebum had the decency not to listen in and rather concentrate on the noise outside.

A second later Jinyoung was gone and the two we're left alone.  Jaebum standing near the window,  the other sitting on his sofa. 

"I am not some kind of pet you need to take care of," the red head huffs out.

Jaebum already felt like strangling him.

"Well, little pet in that case I advice you to go out looking for your own food, because I am not going to share my precious blood potions with some brat like you."