Perfect

Perfect

 

 

 

Choi Minki is just a simple student. He likes to ride books, go to the library, eat sweets and he love the boy named Kim Jonghyun. He love him the first time he saw him, at first he doesn’t believe in love at first sight but after he saw him taking the lost puppy home suddenly he fell inlove. He fell involve from afar. 

 

 

“Minki why are you in the corner again? You should stop reading that book and talk to our classmates.” Minhyun said, my only friend here. Its not that I’m unfriendly or what I just like to be alone but one day Minhyun suddenly talked to me and we became friends. He’s a total opposite of me, he likes to go to parties, he sings well and he have lots of friends. “I’m okay. its my favorite book I want to finish it.” I explained. “But its break and I’m hungry, lets go before the cafeteria gets crowded!” Minhyun said while pulling me out of the room. In the hallways many people recognize Minhyun, everyone knows him and I just looked at the ground because I’m not used to attention. “Minki, lets go to the new cafe later after class. I heard there’s a delicious cake and I want to taste it. Please” he said while being cute. I know why everyone likes Minhyun, he’s cute and likes to do aegyos and he also have many admirers. I don’t know but I heard some rumors around our school that Jonghyun likes Minhyun, when I heard it I felt jealous but who wouldn’t like Minhyun he’s very charming. “Okay” I replied. 

 

 

Inside the cafeteria we went to get our food and sit by the window. We were talking about the new cafe when the someone shouted inside the cafeteria “Its Jonghyun and Aron!” everyone started talking. I look at the entrance and saw Jonghyun and Aron-hyung walking, Jonghyun looks so handsome smiling with his styled hair and wearing his uniform with tie. I was still staring at him when suddenly our eyes made contact Jonghyun smiled at me but I looked away feeling embarrassed. Its not the first time that we made eye contact but I don’t want to assume things. Who would notice a nerd student? 

 

 

“Minki, are you listening?” Minhyun said beside me. “What? I’m sorry”….”I was telling you about Jonghyun and Aron-hyung they’re both in my Music class. They seems to be nice. I talked to them last class.” he said. “Oh really? They look famous.” I said sounding uninterested. “Hey Jonghyun, Aron-hyung!” Minhyun shouted, I was surprise when Minhyun called the two. I don’t know what to do, I haven’t been close to Jonghyun I always just look at him from afar. I can feel the two boys approaching us. “Minhyun-a, sorry I forgot to make my assignment I need to go to the library now, see you later!” i said hurrying to leave the cafeteria. I’m not yet ready to face Jonghyun what if he feel disgusted around a nerd like me, I don’t want to see the frown on his face seeing me.
As I was walking through our hallways I saw on the daily bulletin about our year end promenade.

 

 

    Under the Stars
--------------------------------------
   Daybreak Senior High
     at the gymnasium 
         on 09.14.17

*Bring your date. See you there!

 

 

 

I haven’t been in one on this kind of party, it seems fun to join but I don’t have a suit to wear and importantly I don’t have any partner for this event. What would it be like if Jonghyun wears a fine suit? He’ll be more handsome. What would it be like to be his partner? I don’t stand a chance, everyone has their eyes on Jonghyun already. Jonghyun wouldn’t choose a nerd to be his date. I sighed and went to our homeroom. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Minki doesn’t know someone was looking at him. That someone followed him from the cafeteria until he stopped and hide behind the lockers while looking at Minki who is reading the poster about the upcoming event. Minki seems to be having thoughts about it but walked away again. 

 

 

“What is he looking at?” I went to the poster where Minki was. “Oh promenade? Is he going here?” I asked myself. “Jonghyun-a, lets go we have a practice.” Aron-hyung shouted. I went back to the cafeteria where Aron-hyung and Minhyun is, I followed Minki because he just went off when we arrived at the cafeteria. He seems so to be panicking. I thought I’ll be having a chance to talk to him earlier but he run off. I liked Minki for a long time, even though everyone says he’s a nerd but I dont see him like that. He just likes to be alone and that makes him more mysterious thats why I was drown to him at first and I heard him sing once and he sounded like an angel. I’ve been trying to catch him or befriend him but fate isn’t in my side. He always ignore me when I see him in the hallways or he looked away when we made eye contact. I don’t know if I did something bad but he seems to be avoiding me and I don’t know why. Did he already have a boyfriend? Am I ugly? 

 

 

“Did you catch Minki this time? Your one sided-love has been a pain in my . You always look like a hurt puppy when you don’t get to talk to Minki.” Aron-hyung ranted. “I’m scared what if he already have boyfriend? He’ll see me as a creep.” I answered. “Oh you like Minki?” Minhyun asked. I didn’t notice he’s with us and he’s a friend of Minki, I shyly nodded “Many students like Jonghyun but I don’t know what he sees in Minki.” Aron-hyung added. Minhyun started to rant what Minki likes and dislikes and told me he’ll be helping me to get close to Minki. “Try to ask him for our promenade”….”I don’t know what if he already got a date?” I said. “Stop being a kid, just ask him!” Aron-hyung always nag.

 

 

The school ends and I’m still thinking if I should ask Minki for the dance. We only got a chance to talk if we’re in the same group in our class but other than that none, he avoids me. I was walking through the hallways when I saw Minki, people say he looks nerd, maybe because he never styled—his bangs covering his eyes and he always have his big eyeglasses but for me he looks cute. I decided to talk to him and give it a chance, “Hi Minki!” I said smiling but I’m nervous inside. He looks up to me and now I can see his eyes, its sparkling. “Y..yes?” He looks surprised how cute. “I don’t know if you have any plans for the promenade but can you be my date?” there I said it, I didn’t shutter. He’s surely surprised of what I’ve said. People around us are looking and whispering already. “Uh…I can’t, I’m sorry.” Minki said and run away from me. Now, I’m the one who is surprise and hurt. The students began to whisper more.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Why did you do that Choi Minki?” “Its your chance” “Are you insane?” “Its Kim Jonghyun asking you out” I said to myself infront of my bedroom’s mirror. I just came from the school and I was so surprised when Jonghyun asked me. It was a dream came true but we’re not in the fairytales, I admit I was happy when he asked but I can see other people looking at us and heard “why is jonghyun asking the nerd?” “Is there another bet between jonghyun and varsity team?” I want to say yes but I don’t want to get hurt especially from him. 

 

“Minki-ya!” I heard you rejected Jonghyun today at school. Why?” Minhyun called me, “Its nothing, I’m not going there anyway. How did you even know it?” I replied not saying the real reason. “The whole school is talking about it! You rejected Kim Jonghyun, every boy or girl's dream. You’re so cool Minki.”….”Stop it, I need to rest see you tomorrow.” I said then closed my phone. Today is strange and I don’t know what to do tomorrow in school, the whole school knows what I did. What if I see Jonghyun tomorrow, what will I do? Should I skip class? ugh i don’t know. 

I was about to sleep when my phone buzz,

 

From: 10XXXXXXX

 

Hi Minki, I’m sorry for bothering you 
but can you meet me tomorrow 
at the rooftop after class? I just need to 
ask you something. Sleepwell, Goodnight! 

- Jonghyun

 

 

What will he say to me? Is he mad? Will he say that all he said was a part of a bet? Many questions are running in my head, I don’t know what will happened tomorrow. Surely many people will look at me as if I’m the enemy taking Jonghyun away from them. I brushed all the thoughts and went to sleep. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I asked Aron-hyung to get Minki’s number in replace of treating him lunch for a week. I was hurt when he rejected me at least I want to know the reason why. When I got his number I texted him immediately to meet me after class. I wasn’t waiting for a reply and went to sleep.

 

The next day everyone at school keeps on looking at me, maybe they heard the news. I’m fine with the attention but I’m worried with Minki, he isn’t used to getting attention and some student here in our school sometimes are getting physical with bullying. The whole afternoon went just fine when I was on my way to the rooftop where I’ll be meeting Minki I heard some noise behind one of the classrooms I opened it and saw Minki at the ground being beaten by two boys and three girls. “Hey, stop!” I shouted and the whole room goes silent I saw Minki looked at me and I saw all the bruises in his face, I got more angry. “What do you think are you doing?” no one answer me all of them avoided my gaze, Minki tried to stand up and I immediately went to help him. “Are you okay? I asked and he simply nodded. “Lets get you out of here” We went straight to the clinic.

 

 

 

I’m still thinking about the students earlier while treating his wounds, how can they be so cruel. “Ouch” Minki winced, “Oh I’m sorry” I said and gently treat him. “Th..Thank you” he shyly said looking at the ground. “No, I’m sorry because of me you got harassed by the students. I didn’t mean to do that, I’m really sorry Minki-ya.” I’m really embarrassed all I want is a chance to get close to him but all I did was to put him into trouble. “Did you mean what you said yesterday?” I forgot about that but its my chance to prove him I’m sincere. “Yes! I mean, yes I really want to go with you at the dance night. I’ve seen you for a long time and you seems to like to be alone and that made you mysterious. I thought I was just curious but each day passed I didn’t notice I was looking for you and thinking of you more. I didn’t have the guts to talk to you and you seems to avoid me every chance I got near to you. But I’m trying my luck right now, will you be my date?” I said all the things I’ve been wanting to say and I nervously waiting for his answer. 

 

“Why me? I’m just…me. People will start talking about you asking a nerd for a dance.” He hesitantly said. Minki doesn’t see how enough he is. He’s more than what he know. “I don’t care what they say. I’m asking you not them, please give me a chance.” I hope he’ll say yes this time, I’m so nervous looking at him. “Okay.” he shyly answered “Okay? you’ll be my date?” then he nodded while getting his cheeks red, he looks so cute. “Thank you!” I can’t contain how happy I am I suddenly hugged him, “Oh I’m sorry. I was just happy” I continue treating his wounds and walked him to the bus stop. “Thank you again, I’ll see you on friday” I said. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I said yes to Jonghyun. I was surprised when he opened the door and saved me, he looked different when he shouted to the students but instantly he helped me. Importantly his unexpected confession. It was already thursday, I only got tomorrow to prepare for the dance night. I need Minhyun’s help to pick up the right suit for me. I texted Minhyun about what happened earlier and asked him tomorrow to help me to find the perfect suit and he gladly agreed. Today was unexpectedly great not including how I got the small bruises. I went to sleep and prepared myself for tomorrow. 

 

 

“I’m so happy, you’re going to tomorrow’s dance night with Jonghyun.” Minhyun happily say while we’re eating inside the cafeteria. “Honestly, I thought Jonghyun likes you I heard some rumors of him liking you.”….”I don’t like him tho but he likes you! Lets go to the mall after class, I'll help you find the perfect suit. I’ll make sure Jonghyun will ask you to be his boyfriend tomorrow night.” Minhyun said, “Don’t say that. We’re just going to the dance together.” I replied. “Hush, let me do the work later!” he said while I was thinking of what would it be like to see Jonghyun in suit. 

 

 

 

“Of course, first we have to fix your face. Don’t get me wrong, you’re already pretty but you should show it off. Throw that thick eyeglasses and put contacts. I know a salon, lets go.” Minhyun said and drag me wherever he wants. We’re now in the mall to prepare for tomorrow and I’ll be finding suit today but Minhyun said I need to pamper myself. we went inside of the salon and Minhyun asked the staff to work on me. After the session, I looked in the mirror and was shocked I look different. My hair is pushed back and isn’t covering my forehand anymore, the girl put some light make up and a black thingy on my eye I heard it was eye liner— it made my eyes look more big, and a pinkish lip tint on my lips. Overall I like it, but I don’t know what other people think and that makes me nervous. “Amazing!” Minhyun said it and the other staff nodded which made me smile. 

 

 

Minhyun and I decided to have a sleepover. “I bet everyone in school will be shock about your new look. You look amazing!” Minhyun praised me too much today. He and I bought a simple suit back in the mall. I bought a simple white long sleeves to go with my black coat and pants and a gray neck tie, he bought a white long sleeves to pair to his dark gray coat and pants with a black bow tie. “I do look different but I’m still me, people will still see me as the nerd Minki.” I replied “Lets just sleep and see their shock faces tomorrow I bet.” We both went to sleep to prepare for tomorrow’s school and party. 

 

 

 

“Is that Minki?” “Wow he’s pretty” “Did he already have a boyfriend?” “Should I ask him to date?” “Hey Minki!” “Want to have lunch together?” People are looking at me and I’m not used to it, I just smiled at them. Maybe Minhyun really did good in transforming me. While I was walking to go to my class someone stopped me asking, “Hi Minki, will you be my date tonight at the dance?” a guy from other class asked me out. I was surprised by the sudden question I was supposed to answer when someone at my back answered “I’m sorry, but he already got a date and its me.” Jonghyun said possessively while smilingly looking at me. I bowed at the other guy and said sorry then I looked at Jonghyun and smiled. “You look different” he said, “Is different okay?” I asked “Different’s great” he said looking at me in the eye. “This is my class, so see you tonight?”….”See you tonight” he sweetly smiled and left. 

 

 

 

Everything looks so magical. The stage set was full of glitters that looks like a night sky full of stars. There are also balloons on the ground scattered and lights for the dance floor. Everyone are having fun. Some are eating, some are dancing at the center and some are taking photographs of each other. It is a night to be remembered. I haven’t entered the gymnasium yet, I’m still not ready. Minhyun said Jonghyun and Aron-hyung are already inside waiting but I’m nervous. “Minhyun-a, do I look okay?” I asked, “You asked that for the nth time, you look amazing!”…”Lets go!” Minhyun said while pulling me to enter. This is the first time I’m attending a school party, I’ve been the nerd school for a long time I like to be alone and not to be the center of attention. I also liked this guy who asked me to be his date tonight, if this was all just a dream please give me just until midnight before everything goes back to reality. I stepped inside and everyone was looking at me. I heard them whisper but contrast to what they whisper when I was still a nerd all I can hear is their praises on how I look tonight but I paid much attention to them because I only got my eyes on the certain someone, who is looking at me showing his precious smile—the smile I fell inlove with. 

 

 

“I should be mad, you were 15 minutes late and when you entered you took everyone’s attention.” Jonghyun joked. “I…I’m sor—“ I was panicking when he cut me off. “You look perfect, Choi Minki” he said lovingly looking at me in the eyes. I was stunned on what he said, my heart beats so fast I’m worried that he might hear it. Of course he’ll say that I’m his date tonight, he’s just very kind to say that. I shouldn’t get my hopes up. I’m still the nerd Minki. “Thank you” I replied. “Can I have a dance with my partner?” I nodded and we went to the dance floor. The DJ played a slow song this time. Jonghyun placed his both arms around my waist and put my hands on his shoulders. I was so nervous I can’t look at him in the eyes. “Look at me, please.” I heard him say, I don’t know but he looks serious right now. I looked at him and his eyes are sparkling and they seems to be sad. “Is there a problem?” I asked then suddenly he pulled me onto his chest, now I can hear his heartbeat and its just like mine. We swayed for a bit when he talk “I love you, Choi Minki.” that made me stop and look at him in the eyes again. I don’t know but I still can see sadness in his eyes, I didn’t answer and just run away. I heard him shout my name but I keep on running with tears on my cheeks. 

 

 

 

He followed me until our school field, he got the chance to grab my wrist and made me looked at him. “Why are you running away from me again?” he said looking miserably. “Why are you avoiding me again?” “Did I do something wrong?” “Do you hate me that much?” “Tell me!” I’m hurting when I see him like this he doesn’t deserve this. “I love you!” he looks surprised “And that’s why I don’t want your pity. I don’t want people to start talking on why are you friends with a nerd. That we’re a total opposite. I love you so much I’ll never trade this night even when I’m on a cliff edge. I love you Kim Jonghyun!” I burst into tears. I said all the things that I've been wanting to tell him. I got tired of holding back my feelings for him. I don't care if he's disgusted with me knowing that I love him but at least I got the chance to tell him, I didn't regret anything. I'm fine, I was lost in crying when Jonghyun suddenly put his one arm on my waist and pulled me into a kiss. I was surprised but I’ll take this before the night ends, I close my eyes and kissed him back. 

 

 

We both catch our breath after the kiss, he put his forehead on mine and looked at me in the eyes. “I love the nerd Minki, I love the quiet Minki, I love you Choi Minki. I don’t care on what people say. All I need is you to be at my side. I already let many chances passed but now I want to be with you. Please trust me, I won’t let anyone hurt you or us. Give me a chance. Choi Minki, will you be my boyfriend?” everything thats happening felt so magical. I’m so happy tears keeps on falling from my eyes “Yes, I’ll be your boyfriend” Jonghyun is also crying now, we’re both crying because of happiness. 

 

 

He pulled me into kiss again and I kissed him back.
You look perfect, Choi Minki” “Who needs the sky when I can see the stars in your eyes.” Jonghyun said that melts my heart and made me fall for him even more. How can I be so lucky to have him? 

 

 

 

 

 

THE END.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------

 

Author's Note:

 

Hi guys!!! This story is based on the song of Ed Sheeren which is "Perfect" try to listen to it at the last part of this story. The title also suits for Minki, have you seen the updates last night at the concert? Minki looks perfect, his visual is no joke. Minki is literally an epitome of perfection ♡ I hope you like this fic and leave a comment, it would mean a lot. :))) Credits to: @NstSvtn for the beautiful JRen poster :)

Also, please read my other stories. It's not perfect but I'll work hard to give you a better JRen fic! JRen fighting!!!! I hope you'll got the chance to watch their movie, "Their Distance" I heard its a great movie. Keep on supporting NU'EST! NU'EST FIGHTING!!!

 

 

Check my twitter for updates:
@Minki_choiren


Let's all stream 'If You' on melon! Fighting loves!!!! SUPORRT NU'EST 

 

Thank you for subscribing to this fic. :))))) JRen is love ♡♡♡
@glorypath @pockyjr Bugi♡Mango