You love him, don't you?

You love him, don't you?

Junhoe reaches home after his part time work at the nearby 7-Eleven. As he enters his apartment which he shares with his boyfriend, Jinhwan, he notices a mysterious leather jacket on the couch. That doesn’t look like his and he has never owned one.

“Hey babe, is this yours?”

Dumb question, he thinks to himself. Although sometimes Jinhwan wears oversize clothing but this one seems off.

Jinhwan hears his boyfriend asking him. He gulps but remains expressionless. He pushes his laptop aside.

“Ohhh.... this? Hmmm.... I think it’s Donghyuk’s.”

Jinhwan lies. Donghyuk doesn’t even know where he lives but good thing Junhoe doesn’t know who Donghyuk is. He probably had seen Donghyuk once or twice but he would not remember the latter.

“Oh. Donghyuk. Whoever that is.” Junhoe smiles.

Jinhwan smiles back. He feels relieved. Yassss!

Junhoe goes straight to their room, undresses himself to get ready for some shower. He glances at the living room. Sighing quietly, he knows damn well Jinhwan is lying. He has been trying to prove that Jinhwan has someone else but so far his little research is rather disappointing.

Junhoe sighs again. He looks around the room, looking at his photos with Jinhwan. His eyes land on the most-not-so-recent photo of them. It was on their third anniversary last year. They looked so happy in the photo. But it doesn’t feel the same anymore lately... now... Something is missing.

It is love. There is no more love between them.

Where is that love?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Happy anniversary, cave mouth!” Jinhwan chuckles, giving a kiss on his cheek.

Junhoe laughs. Cave mouth. That’s the nickname he got for being the noisiest in the class. He glances at Jinhwan, pulling the latter’s hand and onto his laps. It’s been three years already, three amazing years with Jinhwan. They would celebrate their anniversary every 15th September and this has been their third year.

“Thank you babe. Happy anniversary.” Junhoe wraps his arms gently around Jinhwan’s tiny waist.

“Thank you too, pumpkin.” Jinhwan leans closer. “Ah. I can’t believe this is our third year anniversary together already. I actually survive with this psycho right here.” He turns a bit and gives a peck on Junhoe’s lips.

“Wait. I’m the psycho here? I thought it is you. Must I remind you who chased who.” Junhoe smirks.

“Ughh shut up, Junhoe. You were teasing me so much. You knew I’ve liked you the moment I first saw you.”

“Hey, don’t blame me. Blame Yunhyeong. He was the one who accidentally spilled it.” Junhoe laughs.

“Yeah.... but still, thanks to him though. He helped me to make the first move.” Jinhwan blushes.

Junhoe notices. He leans closer, biting Jinhwan’s red cheek. “So, how do we celebrate this?”

“The usual?” Jinhwan his lips.

“The usual then.”

Jinhwan and Junhoe ordered pizza and have some wine. The usual. During their first year dating, they went out for fancy dinner and got wasted. But it is their third year already. Pizza and wine, not a bad combo. Junhoe stares deeply into Jinhwan as he wishes his relationship with Jinhwan would last forever.

But nothing last forever, right? Or can he prove otherwise?

10 minutes into watching a movie Jinhwan recently downloaded, both of them fall asleep on the bed together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After shower, Junhoe realises he is left alone in the apartment. He checks his phone.

“I’m going out. Urgent. See you at midnight probably. XOXO”

Junhoe shrugs. Urgent. How urgent it is that Jinhwan couldn’t wait for him until he is done bathing?

He goes to the living room only to notice that “Donghyuk’s leather jacket” is not on the couch. He checks his phone again. This message was sent 5 minutes ago. He had spent around another 5 minutes wondering where the heck Jinhwan is going. So, Jinhwan must not be that far. This is it, he thinks.

Junhoe is going to stalk Jinhwan.

He grabs his car key. Impatient, he runs quickly downstairs instead of waiting for elevator. After running down 12 storeys, he finally reaches the parking basement. As he is approaching his Range Rover, panting and sweating, thirsty for some water, he hears a familiar voice.

“Chanwoo yah... wait for me.”

Junhoe’s eyes are snaking around trying to find the owner of that honey like voice. He hides behind a black Starex Royale, covering his mouth with his palm to avoid from panting too loud.

“Aegi. Come here, aegi. I won’t leave you. Don’t worry.”

Junhoe hears the stranger giggles.

“I’m sorry I was late. Here’s my gift. The usual.”

The usual.

“The usual?”

Junhoe takes the courage to peek at Jinhwan with this stranger. His jaw drops. Jinhwan is kissing this other man. Kissing.

Junhoe feels his heart becomes heavy. He was right after all. Jinhwan IS seeing someone else. Although he sort of knew this, he still could not believe his eyes. He could not think for a moment or breathe. He feels lost. Betrayed. Disappointed. Heartbroken. He usually loves being right but not this time. He peeks at Jinhwan again only to look at Jinhwan’s lips never parting from this stranger’s lips. He could see Jinhwan is tiptoeing since this stranger is taller... tiptoeing. Like how Jinhwan would do when he kissed Junhoe.

“Kim Jinhwan...” Junhoe whispers under his breath. Tears slowly roll down his cheeks.

Jinhwan is still kissing Chanwoo. He doesn’t realise anything. The world is now is Chanwoo. Just Chanwoo. A tall, handsome, young man with broad shoulder, loves baseball and sometimes gives cute signature with bonobono on it. Jinhwan first met Chanwoo in a piano lesson class but they never had a conversation before until they met again at the bus stop.

Yes, bus stop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Hmmm... where is Koo Junhoe?”

Jinhwan checks the time again. It feels like time passes by so slowly. It’s already 10.30 p.m but Junhoe is still not here to fetch him. So, he decides to take the bus instead after leaving a long essay scolding Junhoe for not fetching him.

“Damn it Koo Junhoe. I’m so not going to talk with you for A WEEK. Goodbye!” Jinhwan leaves a voice note to Junhoe.

Jinhwan walks slowly to the bus stop. He is not sure. How is it again to take the bus? It’s been so long that he could not remember anymore. He sits on the bench and while waiting for the bus, he searches online on how to use public transport.

Silly.

Suddenly his phone switches off. WHAT. THE. Not now, satan! Jinhwan throws tantrum. He is cursing as he searches for power bank but nope. Nothing. On top of that, he just realises that he did not bring his wallet today. For the whole day, he is wallet-less. What kind of curse? Is he going to strip to get enough money just for tonight?

Jinhwan thinks he is going to have to sleep at the street tonight when suddenly a car stops in front of the bus stop.

“Jinhwan hyung.”

Chanwoo steps out, looking at Jinhwan.

“Uh? Jung Chanwoo?”

Jinhwan feels awkward with Chanwoo. That boy just moved from Canada to Korea and happened to join the piano class with him. He sees Chanwoo smiling, showing off the beautiful dimples.

“Ah you remember my name.” Chanwoo giggles. “What are you doing here? It’s getting pretty late already. Come. I’ll drive you home.”

“I’m waiting... uhmm... well, alright. I guess.”

Beggars can’t be choosers, right? Jinhwan quickly enters the front seat and wears the seatbelt. He glances around Chanwoo’s Audi TT. Seems neat. Guess all guys really take good care of their car.

“Where do you live?” Chanwoo glances at him.

Jinhwan tells him the address.

“Hmmm quite far.” Chanwoo replies.

“Yeah. My phone battery is dead and I just realised I did not bring my wallet today. Oh God.” Jinhwan leans against the seat. He shuts his eyes and inhales deeply. Wow. Smells nice. Not sure the car or the person driving this car smells nice but it definitely smells nice.

“Seriously? Pity you.”

“Luckily you happen to be here right? I thought I am cursed today but I guess not.” Jinhwan looks at him.

Chanwoo just smiles. Jinhwan keeps looking at him and that beautiful smile. Somehow, it melts his heart. The smile is pure.

After that night, Jinhwan often meets Chanwoo. They are always eating together, spending some time together, watch movies. Just the two of them. Jinhwan is completely head over heels for Chanwoo and he is sure Chanwoo feels the same way too. Chanwoo treats him like a special one.

Jinhwan told Chanwoo that he already has a boyfriend but Chanwoo never bought it. Probably because Jinhwan too doesn’t show like he has a boyfriend. He acts like he has been single since birth.

7 months into knowing each other, push and pull, trying to guess each other’s feelings, that day has come.

“I have something to tell you.” Chanwoo looks straight into Jinhwan’s eyes.

“Just tell me already.” Jinhwan’s heart is beating fast. He is nervous.

Chanwoo smiles. Impatient but cute. Does Jinhwan know his feelings already?

“I’m leaving Korea... I have to go back to Canada.”

“JUNG CHANWOO!”

Jinhwan pouts. He gets up.

“Okay. Okay. Geez. I was just joking.” Chanwoo gets up and hugs Jinhwan from the back. “I love you, Kim Jinhwan. I love you. I don’t want to call you ‘hyung’ anymore. I want to call you ‘aegi’, baby, babe.” He chuckles. “I ing love you, Kim Jinhwan. I love you.” Chanwoo kisses Jinhwan’s head. “There. I said it already. Are you happy?”

Jinhwan blushes. He feels overjoyed. He slowly turns around, facing Chanwoo.

“I love you too.”

“Really?” Chanwoo teases. He hugs Jinhwan’s waist.

“How do I prove this?”

“Kiss me.”

Jinhwan bites his lips. He tiptoes. His lips slowly meet Chanwoo’s lips and they kiss. They kiss softly at first. Then it slowly turns into a sensual, passionate kiss and it continues on the bed.

Jinhwan wakes up at 3.30 a.m, only to see Chanwoo still hugging him firmly. He smiles.

I love you, Jung Chanwoo...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“You love him, don’t you?”

Jinhwan stares to the floor, remains silent. The atmosphere is awkward and uncomfortable. He just wants to leave this apartment. This morning, Jinhwan received a text message from Junhoe and it sounded serious. When he reached their apartment, he was surprised to know that Junhoe had caught him with Chanwoo yesterday evening.

“Answer me... Please. Do you love that man? That man... the owner of that leather jacket... and the man you kissed yesterday evening. Do you love him?”

After a few minutes of silence, Jinhwan takes a deep breath. He looks at Junhoe.

“Yes. I love him. I love that man so much.”

Junhoe holds back his tears. He nods. Hearing it straight from Jinhwan’s mouth is even more painful but at least Jinhwan is not playing around.

“Since when?”

“Since... June... he confessed and I...”

“When did you first meet him?”

“Last year... and it started when...”

“I heard enough.”

Junhoe gets up. He rubs his eyes, trying to stay compose and rational. No point getting angry now. It won’t make Jinhwan come back to him. Plus, there is no love between them anymore. There is no spark. No passion. It feels empty. Dull. One-sided love only. He loves Jinhwan but the latter doesn’t feel that way anymore. Junhoe thinks that it is better for him to let Jinhwan go.

“Junhoe... I’m...”

“There’s no need to apologize. I expected this. I did not want to look like fool for accusing you but... I guess I am already looking like a fool. I’ve been trying to fix our relationship but... you don’t seem to care. You don’t seem to show interest. I’m... I know why now. Thank you for this amazing 3 years, Kim Jinhwan. I hope you live well with that man. Please love him a lot.” Junhoe forces a smile.

“Junhoe....”

Junhoe approaches him, patting his head.

“You do look happier with him. Congratulations and... goodbye, Kim Jinhwan hyung.”

Hyung.

Jinhwan is speechless. Hyung. The last time Junhoe ever called him “hyung” was so long ago, before they started dating. Now it is back to hyung. He looks at Junhoe.

“Junhoe... I’m... we...”

“No, I don’t think we can be friends.” Junhoe smiles bitterly. He knows what Jinhwan wants say. “Just take care, okay. Please love him a lot. That’s all I ask. Take really good care of that man. He sure is lucky to have you.”

Junhoe walks away, leaving their shared apartment. He glances at the door. This would be the last time he sees that door. He has already packed up his stuffs back to his parents’ home.

Jinhwan feels guilty but at the same time, relieved. He knows it is his fault. He cheated on Junhoe but he can’t avoid this love with Chanwoo. He really loves Chanwoo and he has to admit that Chanwoo has totally won his heart and attention that he does not feel love towards Junhoe anymore. He stayed with Junhoe out of pity. He feels like a jerk for a second but he really can’t force this anymore.

Yes, Junhoe... I do love Chanwoo... and I’m sorry. I should have told you earlier.

I love Jung Chanwoo.