Beautiful Night

Beautiful Night

Yesung moves a little to the left. Something hits chest instead. Surprised, Yesung opens his eyes quickly, pulled away from his deep sleep in just a millisecond.
“Ow,” he can’t help but winces when the room’s dim light hits his eyes. 
Turns out the thing that just hit his chest was just Siwon’s upper arm. Yesung had just rolled himself in his sleep and invading his boyfriend’s sleeping territory. The handsome boyfriend seems to shrink in the small space of the bed he’s sleeping in.
“Oops, sorry Wonie,” the petite guy smiles sweetly, and kisses Siwon’s cheek before moving away to give his boyfriend his rightful sleeping area back. His boyfriend doesn’t even budge, the guy must be very tired.
Then all of a sudden Yesung realized that Siwon’s bedside lamp is still on. He must’ve forgotten to turn it off before he went to sleep hours ago. The dim light illuminates his boyfriend’s perfectly sculpted face, and not to mention, his Greek gods’ body, in the full glory.
Yesung gulps and feels shy seeing the view, but who he is to look away. Siwon is perfect, and Yesung’s eyes travel to his boyfriend’s biceps, sixpack and lower… lower, to his flaccid manhood.
“Gosh,” the blushing petite man suddenly gets very aware of his own body. The room gets so hot, too. Did Siwon turn the AC off or am I really sweating bullets? 
Yesung chooses to hug his handsome boyfriend instead. He moves closer and wraps his skinny arms on the sleeping guy. “I love you,” Yesung whispers to Siwon’s neck. 
Right after the whisper, Siwon rolls in his sleep, facing Yesung and hugs him back. His arms are hugging Yesung’s waist. Yesung is facing his boyfriend’s broad chest now and he can’t help but feeling that Siwon is very sweet even in his sleep.
The petite guy tries to resume his sleep, being so comfortable and warm in his boyfriend’s arms. Siwon’s body scent is invading him, musky with a scent of coffee and pine. Yesung closes his eyes feeling so blissful and happy. 
Tonight is the first time in two years that he gets to spend the night with Siwon. His boyfriend has just got discharged this morning from the SMPA and all this time, Siwon had been really busy every time he gets to spend his weekend out of his boarding house. The couple had only really met for several times. Surely they made love a lot every time they met but they didn’t get to spend leisure time like this because Siwon had to go back to the boarding house at night.
Yesung opens his eyes again, trying to prove to himself that this is real. That his boyfriend really is back by his side and gets to spend the night with him being all lovey dovey like this. He’s afraid that it’s just a dream, a dream because he just misses Siwon too much lately.
“You’re real,” Yesung smiles and lifts his head to kiss Siwon’s lips. Yesung always thinks that Siwon is so handsome, and he could never get tired looking at the guy. But this guy right here has always loved him all these years and treats him really well. He also has the heart of gold and that is more than anything Yesung could have asked for in a boyfriend.
Yesung’s memory wanders back to their last meeting, about two weeks ago. They were talking about Siwon’s future activities after his discharge. Siwon looked so weird and Yesung swore he never saw his boyfriend for five years being that awkward with him.
“Baby, I have something to tell you,” Siwon put down his iced Americano from Mouse Rabbit to the table.
Yesung was about to slice his green tea cheesecake beside him spontaneously lifted his head in worry. “What is it Wonie?” he asked, looking at Siwon’s phone in his hand.
“You know I’ve been working with UNICEF for years, right?” Siwon started carefully. He looked straight into Yesung’s eyes.
“Yea…?” Yesung curiously answered.
Siwon took Yesung’s hands into his, his head was looking down while playing with the cute little fingers. “I… I volunteered for this job, in Vietnam,” the tall, handsome boyfriend continued, and Yesung nodded. “Only we didn’t know when’s the project is supposed to be,”  Siwon speaks with a low voice.
“Oh come on Wonie tell me,” Yesung was impatient.
“The project will be during your birthday.”
Yesung opened his mouth in surprise, but there’s no voice came out.
“Baby, I’m so sorry, so, so, so sorry,” Siwon plead in panic. “I really didn’t know…Keenie noona just told me a few minutes ago,” the handsome man looked so sad. “I can cancel it if you want,” Siwon tried to look at Yesung’s eyes, but the petite boyfriend avoided his gaze. “Please, don’t be mad at me, I will cancel it…” Siwon still rambled. Yesung being silent was a sign that he’s not only mad, but also disappointed.
“What’s the project about, Siwon-ah?” Yesung asked solemnly.
“Hu-huh?” Siwon was startled, didn’t expect Yesung to ask him that.
Yesung didn’t answer, he just stared at his boyfriend with a hard look that scared the gut out of the taller man.
“Um, it’s about music,” Siwon visibly trembled. “Educate children in Vietnam about music and fulfill their needs of it…” Siwon threw a pleading gaze at Yesung once again before continuing. “And maybe there will be disabled kids, too…”
Siwon was visibly relieved when Yesung’s facial expression softened and he kissed the older man’s hand. 
“Don’t cancel it,” Yesung shook his head. He still looked sad but he continued, “You have to go there.”
“But… but what about your birthday?” Siwon asked. He can’t express how much he hated to disappoint Yesung again, moreover, on his birthday. His lover barely asked anything from him and Siwon wouldn’t even be able to be there for his birthday…
“What is my birthday compared to little kids from a third world country knowing music?” Yesung said lowly. Siwon felt like he’s slapped on the cheek seeing that his boyfriend had shed a tear.
“Baby, no… I will cancel, I promise…” Siwon pulled Yesung into his arms.
 “I got my birthday celebrated lavishly every year, Wonie,” Yesung cried to Siwon’s shoulder. “But those kids… disabled kids…”
“I’m so sorry… I will talk to Keenie noona soon,” Siwon caressed Yesung’s hair. 
“You don’t cancel it, you hear me?!” Yesung harshly pulled Siwon away. “I got money, I got music and my family, and most importantly, I got YOU. You, Choi Siwon.”
“Huh? What… what do you mean?” Siwon shook his head and lifted his palms in confusion, unable to understand the petite man.
“You should help those kids. I’ve got enough birthdays spent with you already, and every other day.”
Siwon couldn’t say anything for some moment, he just sat there with opened mouth like an idiot.
“I mean it, Wonie. You should go with the project,” Yesung said with tears on his face, and he quickly wiped it. “I’m fine. I will be fine.”
“Really?” Siwon asked with doubts in his voice.
“Yes! You’re an angel. I can’t just clip your wings to keep the grace of your presence just for myself,” Yesung tried to smile, bitterly.
“I’m so sorry, Yesung-ah. Baby. I really am,” Siwon hugged Yesung again. He could feel his boyfriend’s heart breaking but he believed in him. He let the petite man off the hug and started kissing him sweetly. “I love you, and I promise I will make it up to you…”
Yesung still feels sad until this day, that his boyfriend won’t be able to be by his side during his birthday. But, he thinks as he wiggles in Siwon’s hug, he’s got more than enough to be grateful. Moreover, he’s got all of Siwon’s love, and sharing Siwon’s love to people in need won’t decrease it, right?
In fact, this world needs more Choi Siwons, if it’s possible to find any other guy that is nearly as perfect as him. And as his boyfriend, he couldn’t be more proud of his beloved.
With that thought, Yesung softly moves his hand to reach for his cell phone on his bedside table. He opened his twitter and instagram applications to update. “Beautiful Night 🌷”, he writes, attaching a picture that he likes and found on the internet several days ago. He puts the phone back and goes into Siwon’s arms once more.
So with Siwon’s soft sleeping breathes as a lullaby, Yesung closes his eyes once again and this time he drifts off to sleep for real. He’s sleeping in the arms of an angel after all. He could just die happily now.
Or not, Yesung smiles in his sleep, because he gets Siwon for himself all this weekend! Siwon will always be there, at their secret shared apartment, until he gets to leave for Vietnam on Monday morning. It maybe not much, but it will be enough, this time.