One

Night Fright

The muggy night air rang with the *ching* *ching* sounds of tourists playing loud, brightly coloured arcade machines and screams from the amusement park. 

Two young boys, one with black hair, the other with blonde, were bent over a giant claw grabber machine. 
The black haired boy was hunched over the controls, trying to aim the claw at the soft plushies inside. 
He had his tongue out of one side of his mouth, his eyes on the prizes inside. 

"Aaaaahhh!" He suddenly groaned disappointedly as the claw dropped and returned empty. 

"Sehun-ah" the black haired boy moaned "you try. You're better than me". 

The blonde boy- Sehun- took the other boy's place at the controls. 

"Ok Tao-ssi. Watch a professional at work" 
He grinned and slid a coin into the machine, starting up the lights and music again. 
Tao watched eagerly, peering over Sehun's shoulder. 
"Ooohh look!" Tao exclaimed happily as he pointed at a toy in the machine. 
"Hunnie! Get me that panda!" 

Sehun laughed at Tao's childlike joy and aimed the claw at the toy. 
He pressed a button, the machine flashed and the claw dropped- directly on top of the toy. 
Tao clapped and cheered happily as Sehun presented the prize to him. 
"Yay! Thanks hunnie!" He squealed as he hugged the panda. 
Sehun laughed and grabbed his hand. 

"Come on! Let's try the rides" He dragged the elder boy after him, towards the main attractions. 
Large wheels and roller coasters loomed above them, riders screaming joyfully on them. 

"Hey Taotao...wanna go on a Ferris wheel?" Sehun indicated a huge wheel that stretched into the sky above. 
"Ugh..., Sehun-ah. I'm afraid of heights though" Tao replied, looking at Sehun fearfully. 

The adorable look Tao was giving him was almost enough to make him agree. But the mischievous side of him had other ideas. 

"Nah come on it'll be fun" he grinned as he pulled a whimpering Tao over to the Ferris wheel entrance. 

"Hunnie" Tao whined as he was forcefully dragged onto the ride. 

"Noo hunnie please I don't wanna go" the elder gripped onto Sehun's arm tightly, hiding his face in the fabric of his coat. 

Sehun ignored his protests and insistently dragged the frightened boy into the compartment. 
The door was heaved shut and the ride started moving, the cart wobbling slightly. 

Tao released Sehun's arm and slumped in the far corner of the cart. 

Sehun sat down opposite him, gazing out at the beautiful view over the brightly lit theme park. 

"Hey Tao, look!" Sehun gestured out at the scene below them. 
"The lights are really pretty" he tried to encourage Tao to look up but the other sat stubbornly motionless. 

"Taooo?" Sehun playfully tried to get the elders attention but with no success. 

Sehun shifted over to sit next to Tao and placed a gentle hand on his arm. 

"Im scared, hunnie" Tao whimpered and Sehun heard the frightened tone in his voice. 

"Hey it's ok. Nothing's gonna happen to us. We're safe." Sehun's voice softened as he reached out to gently pry at Tao, willing him to unroll himself. 

The boy sat up slightly, lifting his head to gaze at Sehun. 

"You sure?" he muttered and Sehun saw real fear in his deep brown eyes. 
"Yeah I'm sure" the younger boy huffed kindly as he wrapped his arms around Tao, wanting to provide comfort. 

"It's ok Taotao" he mumbled into where his face was now in Tao's black hair. 

Feeling the familiarity of Sehun's arms around him, Tao started to relax. 

He pulled away slightly but only enough to look Sehun in the eye. 
Sehun paused for a moment, captivated by the beauty of the other boy. 
He lifted a hand up to caress the elder's cheek, skin cold under the warmth of his touch. 

Tao locked eyes with Sehun and he suddenly felt the whole world slip away. His fears no longer mattered. It was just him and Sehun, together in this moment. 
The younger moved his finger to trace the lines of Tao's lips. 

"So perfect" he breathed as he slowly brought his own lips to meet Tao's, his fingers gliding up to twirl in the elder's inky black hair. 

Tao gripped onto Sehun's coat as he kissed him back, forgetting everything else but the feel of the other boy's lips on his. 

Sehun deepened the kiss, forcing Tao against the back of the cart. 
The elder whimpered as the edge of the seat dug painfully into his back. 
Sehun immediately broke the kiss, leaning back, allowing Tao room to move. 

"Ah I'm sorry!" He chuckled. 
Tao gave Sehun a small smile and shrugged. 
"It's fine. It didn't really hurt" 
At that moment, the cart came to an abrupt halt, signalling the end of the ride. 

The two boys smiled warmly at each other before the ride operator opened the cart door. 
The two quickly hopped up, exiting the cart and thanking the man as they set off again. 
Sehun looped his arm through Tao's. 
"You feeling better now?" 

The other boy grinned and rested his head on Sehun's shoulder as they walked. 
"Much better now thanks" he huffed happily as they approached the park exit. 

The younger boy shrugged out of Tao's grip as he yanked his phone out of his jeans pocket. 
Looking at the screen, he sighed. 
"Well. I guess it's getting late. You wanna go home?"

"I suppose. We have been here a while now. And I'm sleepy" the elder replied, yawning. 

"Ok". Sehun gave Tao a quick kiss on the cheek before calling for a taxi. 
"Never know" he ruffled the other boy's hair "we might come back tomorrow" he grinned as he opened the door of the taxi that had just pulled up. 
"Ugghhh hunnieeee" Tao whinged as he followed Sehun into the back seat. 
"I think I've had enough of rides for now". 
And, with the door slamming shut, the taxi sped off into the night.