Over Stressed

Sick of Being Lonely

Twice was in the car heading back to the dorm for the night. They had been practicing for a few hours to make sure they had everything perfect. Some of the girls had drifted off in the car, but Nayeon and Jihyo were wide awake.

"Don't you think Dahyun was off today?" Jihyo asked. Nayeon thought back to  earlier. She kept stumbling and tripping over the other members, she forgot the lyrics a few times, and she was the first to fall asleep in the car.

"Now that you mention it, I think you're right. Don't bother her for now, but when we get to the dorm we'll ask her about it okay?" Jihyo nodded.

 

When they got there, they shook everyone else awake. As they were walking up to the house, Dahyun was stumbling again. She almost tripped, but Sana was quick to catch her.

"Are you okay?" Dahyun just nodded and started heading to the house again. This left her confused, but she just shook her head and walked through the door.

"Guys, I'm gonna head to bed early!" Dahyun said over her shoulder as she walked into her room. All the members looked at each other confused. Dahyun was always early to bed but it was still 9:30 and that was way too early, even for her. 

"Something is definitely up with her." Jihyo said, and the others nodded. But they just let her be as the rest of them got started on their nightly routine.

 

------------------------------------------

 

Tzuyu woke up slowly, and checked the clock; 3:00. 'Why did I just wake up?' She thought. But her question was answered when she heard coughing coming from inside the room. She her lamp, only to find poor Dubu on her bed tossing and turning.

She got up and went over to her side, making sure not to wake Chaeyoung in the process.

"Unnie? Wake up, Are you okay?" She reached over to shake her awake, but gasped and she felt the heat coming from Dahyun's body. In a panic, she woke up Chaeng too.

"Tzuyu..?" She groaned from the top bunk.

"Chaeyoung! I think Dahyun-unnie is sick."

With that, she got up, careful not to bother Dahyun on her way down. As she felt her forehead and compared it to Dahyun's, she said,

"We need to take care of this in the morning and tell the other unnies but for now we just need to get a wet cloth for her until then." Tzuyu nodded and went to get a cloth quietly without waking the other members, while Chaeyoung tucked Dahyun back in, since she had tossed the blanket off. When Tzuyu came back they placed the cloth on her head and went back to bed.

 

------------------------------------------

 

It was breakfast time and everyone except the maknae line was in the kitchen getting ready to eat.

"I'm gonna see what's taking them so long." Nayeon said. As the oldest unnie, she always felt responsible if something went wrong. When she walked off to the Maknae room, she knocked lightly and out came Tzuyu and Chaeng. Weirdly, they looked like they were trying to keep quiet.

"Um, where's Dahyun?" She asked. They shushed her and as softly as they could, they shut the door. And as Nayeon was contemplating whether they had gone insane or not in her head, Tzuyu grabbed her arm and led them back to the breakfast table.

"Finally! I'm starving. C'mon let's- wait where's Dubu?" Momo asked loudly. To which Chaeng and Tzuyu shushed her again. Now all the members were questioning the maknaes.

"Dahyun-unnie is sick!" Chaeyoung hissed.

"We shouldn't wake her up, so we need be quiet." Tzuyu nooded in agreement. Now, with the food forgotten, everyone had faces of concern. 

"How is she sick?" Jeongyeon says.

"I think she had a fever last night, and this morning I checked on her and she looked kind of pale." Chaeyoung replied.

"She was also shivering even though she had an extra blanket on top of her." Tzuyu added.

"Does anyone know how she got sick?" The leader asked. They all thought back. Tzuyu gasped,

"Wasn't it time for her exams?" 

"Oh yeah! I saw her studying on the couch." Sana replied. 

"I saw her studying on the desk at like 1:30 in the morning two days ago" Momo said. 

"I don't think I saw her in bed the next morning. Maybe she fell asleep on the desk!" Chaeyoung said. Everyone gasped.

Was she really so stressed about the exams that she studied throughout the whole night?

"Maybe we should make her relax today." Mina suggested.

"Yeah, She stressed herself out so much that she got sick!" Jeongyeon said with worry.

"Alright, so the plan is that we take care of her all day, and make sure she gets well again?" Nayeon asked, and everyone nodded in agreement. Just as they finished their planning and eating breakfast, Dahyun stumbled out of the room wrapped in a blanket and sniffling. She slowly walked over to the table and put her head down.

"Unnies, why is it so cold in here?" She mumbled through her arms. The members frowned at her. 

"Dahyunnie, it's 73 degrees in here.." Nayeon said. She reached over and placed her hand on Dahyun's cheek. 'She's pretty warm...' Nayeon thought. 

"C'mon let's bring her to the couch." She said. Sana brought Dahyun's arm over her shoulder and lifted her up. 

"C'mon Dubu, you gotta walk for me."

"Mmm.. unnie, I'm dizzy..." Dahyun moaned, eyes shut tight.

"It's okay, we're almost there." 

Once they got to the couch, they layed her down and made sure she was comfortable before going to grab a thermometer. Jihyo stuck it in her ear.

"102.6 degrees? Oh no.." she sighed.

"Okay, since her temperature is pretty high, we need to get her a cold washcloth and someone needs to go to the store and buy her some medicine. Any volunteers?"

three hands went up. Mina, Jeongyeon, and Momo. 

"Alright, then the rest of us will watch her while you're gone." Then the three headed out to acquire the medicine. Meanwhile, Nayeon went to place the cloth on Dahyun's head, and Tzuyu and Chaeyoung went back to their room to grab some more blankets for her. Tzuyu stopped when she saw something on her bed. 'Maybe this will help her feel a little better.' She thought and picked it up. They headed back to the living room where Dahyun had curled up into a ball in an attempt to get warmer. After Chae and Tzuyu piled a few blankets on top of her, the maknae pulled out the thing she had grabbed earlier and offered it to Dahyun. "Here unnie, I always cuddle with him when I don't feel well." She said sweetly. Dahyun smiled dazedly and took the stuffed dog.

"Thank you Chewy~" She said tiredly as she hugged Minjoong tight. From there, Dahyun started to drift off, relaxed from accepting the care from her members