Just Take My Money, Not My Number || fin.

Sir, Can I Take Your Order and Number, Please?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Day One

The dying screech of an alarm clock echoed around the room, the vibration it sent along the bedside table made the lamp shade rattle along it slightly, the gems that hung off it knocking amongst each other, adding onto the undeniable noise he somehow got used to over the years of living alone. The sun's rays peeked through the heavy crimson red curtains, warming up different spots around his rustled, messy sheets. A soft groan was heard as he pushed himself off the bed begrudgingly, having to listen to his alarm go off continuously for five minutes. Sleepily, he brought his hand up and slammed down on the alarm, quieting the noise immediately, only hearing the soft buzzing from it. Rubbing the sleep away from his eyes, he opened them slowly, reading the time through his blurred vision and a gasp fell from his lips as he sat up straighter, grabbing his clock to focus more on the red digits that shone vibrantly, even as the sun began to illuminate his room entirely. "Why didn't you wake me up harder?" he whined, shoving all the blame on his poor, dying alarm clock. Setting it down on the bedside table gently, he pushed himself off the bed, the sheets tangling between his legs causing him to stumble, but not fall. Though, he did manage to drag his bedsheets with him to the bathroom, but kicked it off once he realized he couldn't shut the door at all. 

Jisoo had been working at the office for years. His family was already in the financial business so it was only evident that the job was going to be passed down to him, considering he was the only son and a fit heir at that. First, the business started in LA and as it grew, Jisoo was transferred to the Korea unit to spread their business across the other hemisphere. Sure, he wished he knew people or was able to bring some of the coworkers he was fond of, but they all had a life at LA and families at that. While Jisoo just couldn't find his rightful place in LA, so he took the chance to go to Korea as a new start in his life. Now, it's been five years and Jisoo managed to make friends with his broken Korean that somehow, as the years passed, improved. Now, he was top knotch at his job, his company - pride and joy, perhaps? Just maybe. Just recently he came back from a business trip but was absolutely drained and jet lagged, so he couldn't possibly blame his alarm at all. 

Hurrying down the stairs, straightening his dress shirt out, and grabbing the tie he slung over the chair from the night before. Quickly, he wrapped it underneath the collar of his dress shirt, looping it without a problem, and fixing the tie into place. Tucking the bottom of it into his pants, he grabbed his keys and phone, as well as grabbed his blazer from the couch and out the door he was. He was greeted by the usual cloudy weather of Korea. The slight cold temperature nipped at his cheeks slightly but he grew to ignore it. Unlocking his car, he opened the door and slid right in, starting the car with the button and eventually made it to work - incredibly late because traffic follows him around everywhere.

At lunch time, Jisoo heard his stomach grumbling as he sat there in his office, looking over his papers that was stacked up on his desk. His computer was flooding with emails from other companies, negotiating or perhaps combining their businesses together. Jisoo, being the smart guy he was, politely declined, knowing it was just for the greed of money. Grabbing his phone and keys, he deemed it worthy of lunch time as he walked out of his office and down the narrow hallway, greeting anyone he passed by - a gentle smile and sometimes a small wave. Hurrying out the doors of the company, he halted. It was rare for him to go out during lunch, considering he would often make his meals. Besides a small meal, he was craving coffee. His daily cup of coffee was skipped after all. Knowing there was a cafe he and Jun would often go to around the corner, he began to walk there.

Pushing the door open, the soft ringing of the bell that signaled someone's arrival was heard. The smell of coffee immediately invaded his senses as he entered the mildly warm cafe. It's been a while. The decor didn't change that much, even if it did, it was incredibly subtle. But the people? They changed. He didn't see Seungcheol at the front like usual or Mingyu, instead he saw someone different. Blessed with soft features, a pale complexion, and it was evident his hair was dyed a blond just recently. His round framed glasses were perched onto the bridge of his nose, a radiating aura just surrounding him entirely, it was almost blinding.

"Sir?" 

Snapping out of his thoughts, he didn't realize he was already standing in front of the counter, in front of the male that had a charming smile already graced on his pink lips. Blinking a few times, Jisoo cleared his throat, "Sorry, I'm still thinking."

The soft gestures - Jisoo caught them. The way his gaze lingered on his lips as he spoke, then eyes wandering up to examine his face. Then a cheeky smile appeared on his face as he pushed the bridge of his glasses up, looking almost smug. "Take your time, handsome. I surprisingly have all day. And, if I had to spend it chatting with you, I'm fine with it."

Jisoo stared at him oddly for a moment, yet, the male's smile never died down, instead, brightened at the attention he was receiving. Jisoo's gaze flickered to his nametag. Jeonghan. "Alright.. Jeonghan." his name rollled off the tip of his tongue, and he didn't miss the way he seemed giddy about him saying his name. Jisoo decided to dismiss his small words, looking at the menu and eventually the food displayed underneath the counter. The soft humming of the music filled their silence, before Jisoo eventually opened his mouth to say his order, "Mocha frappucino with.. Mmm.. A chicken BLT sandwich..?" he said slowly as Jeonghan wrote down the order.

"Alright, is that all, sir?"

"Yes."

As Jisoo paid, he felt their hands brush against one another, purposely, before his card was taken, slid into the machine and handed back to him, the reciept coming back with the card, "And, can I get a name?"

"Jisoo."

"Okay, Jisoo, your order will be ready soon. Have a nice day!"

Minutes passed before Jeonghan called out his order once more, a bag that concealed his sandwich and his frappucino with the green straw already stuck in his drink. Standing up, he took it, bidding him thanks as he exited the cafe. Staring down at the sticker, he saw his name and blinked as he read 'Jisso' and a neatly drawn heart by his name.

Day Two

It was the same routine like yesterday. Though, he actually woke up early this time. The soft buzzing of the clock was still heard, then a static noise causing him to jolt up before he fell asleep once more. His phone rang besides him and immediately, he grabbed it, answering his phone without looking at the caller ID. "Hello?" he spoke groggily, rubbing his eyes.

"Hey, hyung." Jun spoke brightly, the sound of something scratching against the phone was then heard, indicating he was shifting around, "Wanna head to the cafe before work?"

"I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter