whoosh

Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Bae woke up excited and was walking all over the house. Jennie was sitting on one of the dining table chairs looking at Bae pacing back and forth.

I am finally seeing her.

"act cool Bae… don’t let all that effort go to waste…"

"i know i know" Bae took a deep breath… and let it out. The door bell rang and Bae started pacing faster, more frantically.

 Jennie sighed and opened the door. A red-haired Meiqi walked in with all her glory. Bae forgot how to breath for a second. Jennie's jab to the rips managed to snap her out of it.

Bae and Jennie planned for this moment for months. But Bae's mind was blank. she completely and utterly missed Meiqi.

"How was your trip? Was it fun?" Bae noticed Meiqi didn’t have any luggage with her but didn’t dwell on it.

"it's was fun… actually miss Bae we need to talk…"

"i am glad you had fun. what do you wanna talk about?"

"actually… can we speak… alone?" Jennie who was staring at them the whole thing pointed at herself.

"ok ok you two. I am going to my room. Take your time~" Jennie walked to her room and closed the door. Meiqi was quiet. Like she didn’t even want to speak.

"so what did you want to talk about" Bae's mind was racing with all kinds of thoughts.

Is she confessing?

 

"I don’t know how to tell you this miss Bae…"

 

Is she finally saying it?!

 

"I actually…"

 

She likes me back!

 

"I have to move to my uncle's house and don’t misunderstand miss Bae I really wanted to stay here bu-"

 

Huh?

 

"miss Bae?"

"ah yes! Sorry… so your uncle is from the meng enterprises… i am sure he can still provide for you…" Bae wanted to run away. All of this time she waited for Meiqi to come back. And she is finally is back just to go away again… forever.

"as i was saying i am here to get my stuff… the car is waiting down stairs…"

"this is so sudden… you could've texted me at least…"

"i didn’t know how to break it to you… i am sorry…"

Meiqi gathered all of the remaining things she had in the house which wasn’t much. Since she took most of her stuff when she went to her family…

Wait… she was planning this…

 

"so you're just going to say sorry and not explain this fully? You didn’t even bother telling me beforehand! You didn’t think about how i would think?" Meiqi looked stunned and didn’t seem like she had more to say. So Bae continued.

"and to think that i did all of this…" Bae pointed at herself "for you to notice me… instead. You completely forgot the fact that i existed…" Meiqi looked like she had a lot to say but she just looked away.

"just…" Bae gave up. "lock the door when you leave… and don’t bother talking to me in school" Bae went to her room and slammed the behind her. Jennie got out of her room. She looked at Meiqi and shook her head and sighed and followed Bae to her room.

 

 

The new school year started. The headmaster called Bae to his office to discuss the student counsel matters. Bae is the new school council president. Bae sighed and bowed before the headmaster called her again.

"Bae, come visit us sometime. We miss you. And Irene misses you too"

"huh? Irene? Headmaster please… she told me about the whole 'confessing to Bae to make bogum jealous' plot… she feels nothing towar-"

"what? That’s not why she ran away!... that brat!" the headmaster tried to get up but he almost threw his back in the process.

"Woah headmaster please sit… please tell me what happened"

The headmaster sighed and told Bae all about what happened that rainy night.

"stop bothering Bae! haven’t the poor girl suffered enough?!"

"you don’t know anything grandpa!" Irene was pacing back an forth in the mansion for the millionth time after checking Bae's Instagram with Jennie.

"bogum is a great man with solid future… why won't you consider him!" the headmaster was almost pleading Irene to consider what he had to say.

"why? He is not Bae! he is a wuss…" Irene stopped to think. Before snapping back to hear the headmaster's warnings.

"Irene… I am warning you… if you tell Bae about your feelings I am not going to let you go easy this time…" the headmaster's tone grew desperate.

"i already told her grandpa! Twice! And i was rejected! I don’t care about that… i rejected her so much i might as well get rejected too!" Irene laughed bitterly.

"Irene you're not thinking straight! Bae already moved on! she is probably dating someone seriously! You cant just ruin that for her because of your own selfishness!" Irene looked at Bae and Jennie's picture and grew impatient.

" i don’t care… i love Bae…" Irene grabbed her coat and bolted for the door.

"I forbid you Irene…" the headmaster was out of breath not able to keep up with his granddaughter.

"you… JUST DON’T UNDERSTAND" Irene bursted into tears and ran to the door.

 

Bae stood there. She didn’t know how to take what the headmaster just told. She bowed and left the room. She stood in front of the closed door and tried to process what she just heard.

Why did she lie to me about that… it wouldn’t have made a difference…

Two first years gasped and ran too Bae to take pictures. Bae apologized and said she had work. She smiled and told them they can come back during lunch. The two girls squealed with a dolphin like frequency and bolted. Bae sighed and headed to the student council room.

"hey Taeyeon…" Bae walking to the room managed to attract a huge crowd that she couldn’t get rid of.

"hey president! HEY DON’T YOU GIRLS HAVE CLASSES? SCRAM!" Taeyeon shooed the girls away and sighed.

"thank you tae tae…"

"no problems… new member greet the new president!"

Bae walked into the door and saw 3 girls and one boy. Amongst them was a familiar face.

 

Irene.

 

"Hello! My name is Ahn Yujin. I LOOK FORWARD TO EXCHANGING KNOWLEDGE AND WORK HARD MA'AM" Yujin's eyes were… on fire. An excited first year b with excitement. Neat uniform. Proper 90 degrees bow. Truly a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter