Then And Now

Comeback Jitters

 

 

     Youngbae sat anxiously looking around the room. It was almost time for his new album release. Almost. Just a little over an hour left to go. He glanced over at the cameras that were preparing to go live in a few minutes. He took a deep breath & tried to calm his fidgety hands. He always got nervous when he released new music. He had always been that way. He'd gotten better at hiding it and/or controlling it over the years, but he was still a mixture of nerves & excitement, even now. He kind-of wished one of his band members were here with him. Well, one of them in particular: his hyung, TOP. Ever since TOP had discovered how anxious Bae became over new music releases, he always made a point to not only support him, but also distract him from overthinking so much. 

 

 

     He remembered the night before the release of his album, Solar, back in 2010: 

 

     Bae lay curled up on his right side on the bed in Bigbang's dorm room listening to his new album on his laptop. It was technically his second album, but it was the first one that was considered full-length. He'd put more into this one & he was worried about how it would be accepted. If the fans would like it. He really hoped they would.

 

 

     He felt someone come up behind him. 

 

 

     "Can I listen too?" a deep voice asked. 

 

 

     Bae disconnected his earphones & turned up the volume on his laptop so they could both hear the music. 

 

 

     "I think it's good," TOP said a few minutes later as he awkwardly hunched over Bae to listen more closely. 

 

 

     Bae scooted over in the bed & lifted the covers for TOP to crawl under. 

 

 

     "You can't keep sitting there like that. You'll hurt your back. Again. Come on. Get in," Bae quietly ordered in his Mama Bae voice. 

 

 

     TOP flashed one of his huge Bingu smiles, dimples & all, & snuggled up to Bae's warm back, wrapped his arms around the smaller man & nestled his chin over Bae's shoulder. 

 

 

     "Mmmmmm..." he crooned in the younger's ear. "I think they're gonna like it a lot; your music. I do. Your voice is so good," TOP said as he slipped his hand into Bae's & wove their fingers together. 

 

 

     "Is that so?" Bae asked almost coyly, but in reality, he was rather taken aback by TOP's compliment. He knew his hyung didn't hand them out to just anyone. 

 

 

     "Mhmmmm..." TOP mumbled & Bae shivered as he felt soft lips brush his ear. TOP pulled him closer. 

 

 

     "Now let's go to sleep," that deep voice rumbled softly. 

 

     Bae trembled slightly at the memory. 

 

 

     "Later," he silently promised himself & smiled. 

 

 

     He looked up to see the cameraman counting down the last few seconds & then he pointed to Bae. 

 

 

     It was time.