Thanks

(ChaSang) Runaways

Hakyeon knew that sooner or later, he would end up hurting someone because of his depression. Sure he was mad and irritated at the younger members’ attitude towards him but is his grudge that big for him to want to kill his own member?

As he came to his senses finally, he realized he was sitting on top of Hyuk and his hands wrapped tightly around the younger’s neck.

“No, Hyuk!” Hakyeon shouted in fear and released his grasp immediately. “Hyuk!”

As angry as he was towards s and being an idol, it was not his intention to actually hurt them. He did think about escaping his duties alone where no one could find him but just a simple thought like why should I suffer alone, made him drag the younger along with him.

“Hyuk!” Hakyeon called out once more with tears in his eyes. The younger’s face has turned pale and blue, almost as if he was lifeless…

What have I done? He asked himself that over and over while regretting every decision he made. Why didn’t he have a stronger will to fight and survive? If only he wasn’t so selfish and threatened Hyuk into staying by his side, this would never have to happen.

Why did he choose Hyuk of all people to come along with him? Why the youngest of VIXX and not anyone else? Was it because it was due to convenience as he told the younger or because he knew that he would be saved as long as it was Hyuk by his side? Why did it have to be Han Sanghyuk of all people?

“Hyuk! I’m sorry, please wake up!” Hakyeon’s tears fell down uncontrollably as his body trembled and frozen in place.

“H-hyung…”

“H-hyuk?!”

A small sign of life, but a sign indeed, Hyuk woke up from nearly dying in the hands of his own leader. Though his visions were still a blur, he could feel the obvious tear drops hitting down on his face from the older.

“Don’t cry,” Hyuk said as he reached out for the older’s face and gently wiping away Hakyeon’s tears. “Don’t cry.”

“Hyuk!”

Hakyeon felt relieved and hugged Hyuk immediately. The younger’s body warmth returned as if it was a miracle and Hyuk returned the older’s hug with a gentle rub on the back.

“Don’t cry,” Hyuk repeated once more in his weak voice. He can’t stand seeing Hakyeon cry.

~

It took a full night for Hyuk to recover but he did. He really thought his life was flashing before his eyes as his visions became black. He couldn’t breathe and his body gave in as the older was trying to kill him. Dying was a fearful thing but Hyuk was willing to let go of his life as long as he could give the older what he wanted. Yet, it was a relief to have seen the caring and loving leader return to his side.

“How are you feeling? Hakyeon asked as he returned to the room with a tray in his hands.

Hyuk sat up from his bed.

“I’m fine. What is that?” the younger asked.

“I asked the cafeteria downstairs to make some porridge for you. It’s good for your body,” Hakyeon said as he placed the tray on the bedside.

Hakyeon poured some of the porridge in a small bowl and cooled it down for Hyuk to eat.

“I’m fine you know. It’s not like I’m sick or anything,” Hyuk tried to reassure the older.

Hakyeon didn’t say anything more and simply fed the younger his food.

As the younger obediently ate the food, Hakyeon couldn’t take his eyes off Hyuk’s neck. The red bruised marks that formed a ring around the younger’s neck was much more obvious on the second day. Hakyeon gulped in guilt, knowing that he was the one who caused it.

“I’m okay you know,” Hyuk knew exactly what Hakyeon was thinking about.

“But…”

“More so than anything, I think we should find a doctor instead.”

“Doctor? Are you sick?” Hakyeon grew even more worried and tried to see if Hyuk was coming down with a fever or any other injuries he can’t remember causing.

“Not for me. For you hyung,” Hyuk took the older’s hands from moving around.

He wrapped his big hands tightly around the older’s, giving him as much warmth and care as possible. He knows that what Hakyeon needs the most right now is a treatment for his condition.

Hakyeon didn’t want to at first but after seeing Hyuk’s pleading face and still feeling guilty about what he did, he decided to obey.

The two of them went to a nearby psychiatrist in order to treat Hakyeon’s depression and although the doctor did say that Hakyeon was suffering from the said symptoms of a depression, they were lucky to be getting it treated at an early stage.

Hyuk was rather thankful and relieved to hear that. He had no regrets of following Hakyeon all the way out here after all.

“Don’t tell anyone about this, please,” Hakyeon asked Hyuk one day.

“I won’t, I promised.”

The younger knew how Hakyeon would feel if the other members of the group were to find out what had happened between the two of them during their disappearance. Hyuk was finally able to access the internet and read about what was happening with the group. He predicted that his and Hakyeon’s disappearance would end up causing much chaos back in Seoul but right now, Hakyeon’s treatment was more important.

~

“Hyuk? This is Sanghyuk right?” Hongbin almost couldn’t believe his ears when he received an unknown call that day.

“Yeah. It’s me. It’s been a long time,” Hyuk said.

It’s really been awhile since he’s heard the member’s voices and he could tell how destressed and tired the fellow member must have been.

“I’m sorry,” he could only say.

“Where are you? Are you with Hakyeon-hyung?” Hongbin started to ask a thousand questions at once.

“I am.”

“What the hell happen to you two and where are you now?!”

“I’m … “ Hyuk stopped. He can’t say it because if he did, he knew that s would immediately come rushing towards them. He can’t tell them, at least not yet. “I’m fine with Hakyeon-hyung right now. We’ll return once we’re ready so please, just give us some time.”

“But...”

“I know I must have worried you all and I’m really sorry about this. All of this. But right now, Hakyeon-hyung comes first and no one else. Please give my regards to the others and my family. Tell them I’ll return once everything is sorted out.”

Though he was confused and unwilling, Hongbin could only agree with Hyuk. It was the only thing he could do and he was already thankful to hear the younger’s voice after so long.

 “I’ll come back as soon as we’re ready. Along with Hakyeon-hyung.”

“I got it. Just… stay safe. The both of you,” Hongbin said.

“I will. Promise.”

~

Hyuk finally finished his conversation with Hongbin and hung up.

“Thanks for letting me borrow the phone,” the younger said to the receptionist.

“No worries,” she smiled. “How is the gentleman that is staying with you?”

“He’s doing great, thank you for helping us.”

Since it was the receptionist who helped them find a clinic and gave them further hospitality.

“I’m just happy to be of help. If you need anything else, please don’t hesitate to let me know.”

Hakyeon and Hyuk have stayed along the coastlines for some time now in order to get Hakyeon treated. Hyuk could see an improvement in Hakyeon’s condition as the older no longer sleep walks. Though he mumbles from time to time in his sleep, it was a lot better than before they found a doctor. Hyuk was relief to see the older’s improvement.

It takes time for the older to fully recover but he’s just happy that there’s a cure. No matter how long it may take, Hyuk was willing to stay by Hakyeon’s side until things were normal again.

“Thanks,” Hakyeon said as he saw Hyuk standing outside the clinic, waiting to pick him up.

“How was today’s session?” Hyuk asked.

“Good,” Hakyeon told him.

“What did they say?”

“Just the usual. That everything needs time…” Hakyeon sighed in disappointment.

“I see. Don’t worry about it hyung, you’ll be fine. I’ll stay next to you until you’ve recovered,” Hyuk assured him.

“But what if I don’t?”

“You will. I know you will. Have more confidence in yourself,” Hyuk patted the older on the back.

“I’ll try,” he sighed once more.

It could be the depression doing the talking but sometimes, Hakyeon still can’t differentiate between having negative or positive thoughts. Everything just seems to jumble up inside of his head and he tends to overthink a lot of things. The doctor told him that it is best to keep a positive mindset but it was still difficult for Hakyeon to do so. It really took time, a lot of time for a matter of fact that Hakyeon can’t really tell whether or not the treatment is actually working.

He’s just relieved to see Hyuk supporting him by his side though.

As the two of them walked along the ports and staring into the ocean, they could hear and see families walking back home for dinner.

“So cute,” Hyuk commented as he watched the families return home together. “Must be nice to go home with family.”

Hakyeon looked at Hyuk for a moment and suddenly realized something. Neither of them have contacted their family or friends since Hakyeon took Hyuk away from Seoul. The younger must be missing home a lot by now because unlike Hakyeon who is used to being outside of Seoul, Hyuk grew up in that big city.

He swallowed as he realized that he has caused the younger to ‘lose’ his home.

Sorry, he really wanted to tell Hyuk.

Hakyeon have always been reflecting as to why he took Hyuk on this journey or escape in the first place. He really could have waited for when the other members were at home and ask any of them to come with him instead. But they would probably have reacted differently if they were the ones to have received Hakyeon’s proposal to leaving.

Taekwoon would definitely ignore him and possibly lecture him for days about wanting to run away. Wonshik is never really around and too absorb in his studio to ever want to go anywhere far from it. Jaehwan might have laughed it out thinking Hakyeon was joking around if the older had asked. And Hongbin, he would have also followed Hakyeon if the older asked since he was the one who said he would follow the leader no matter what, even if it’s wrong.

But Hakyeon didn’t choose Hongbin. Maybe because he knew that Hongbin would let him do as he pleased so Hakyeon chose the youngest member instead.

Maybe because aside from being younger than Hakyeon by five years, Hyuk is a lot more mature for his age and he knew how to be responsible. Maybe it’s because of that, that Hakyeon might have found Hyuk to be a dependable person if they were to run away, which in the end, they did.

And just like Hakyeon thought, Hyuk really stayed by his side and took care of him the entire time. Even though the younger didn’t have to, even though Hyuk was obviously missing home, he still put Hakyeon as his priority.

“Thanks,” Hakyeon said in a quiet voice.

“Hmm?” Hyuk looked at the older.

“It’s nothing,” Hakyeon shook his head. “Let’s go home for dinner.”

“Okay.”

 

 

 A/N: I'm not sure if I mentioned this but this ChaSang story is going to be a short one and the next chapter will be the final one.